[ROM][GEN2] Triple Two Project v5 (Android 2.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hi, KonstaT. I've installed it on my chinese v880 and everithing works (camera, FM, GPS, etc). However this is kinda slow. Mainly when syncing gmail, opening messages and everytime I'm returning to launcher. I moved every app that I can to SD. Killing tasks to not help too much. Sometimes it freezes over 1 minute long. My free space is between 23 MB - 45 MB.

I don't know how to use darktremor too.

Any tips?

Do you have some specific reason why you want to use this ROM? Do you have some hardware issues with other ROMs?

This ROM is somewhat outdated and I'd recommend that you use some of the gingerbread ROMs instead. Most of screen/camera related hardware issues should sorted in latest CM7 builds. There are also couple of stock kernel options for Moldovan MHMP you might want to try.

I guess you have chinese v880 with 256mb memory. Some of the optimizations in this ROM might not work that well with that amount of RAM. I have increased sdcard and nand caches, those values you can decrease back to original value of 128 (edit /system/bin/userinit.sh). TCP buffer values are harder to reach, but I guess you might be able to add new values to build.prop to decrease those too.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

Do you have some specific reason why you want to use this ROM? Do you have some hardware issues with other ROMs?

This ROM is somewhat outdated and I'd recommend that you use some of the gingerbread ROMs instead. Most of screen/camera related hardware issues should sorted in latest CM7 builds. There are also couple of stock kernel options for Moldovan MHMP you might want to try.

I guess you have chinese v880 with 256mb memory. Some of the optimizations in this ROM might not work that well with that amount of RAM. I have increased sdcard and nand caches, those values you can decrease back to original value of 128 (edit /system/bin/userinit.sh). TCP buffer values are harder to reach, but I guess you might be able to add new values to build.prop to decrease those too.

I tried this first since this is based on the unicom, so I though this was more adequate to the hardware capabilities.

So if I reduce it to the forth part to tcp this can help? Maybe 128 for sd and nand caches and net.tcp to 1024,32768,524288,1024,32768,524288

I need to make this changes, then repack in zip and make a full ROM flash with wipes and clear my sdcard? I'm sorry for bothering you but I'm really new to this.

Or can I change this somehow through adb without flash?

----

EDIT:

Create the ext partition on the SD will hep anyway? What is the right way to creat it?

PS.: Enter in the Market is a pain. It takes a age to load the home section, to make searches, and a minute or two to get back to the launcher screen after close it. No problems with data bottlenecks since I have a 5 MB wi-fi connection.

Edited by DarkCrono