StreakDroid 1.9.1 ( aka Host The World ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest TaoistB

You can remove perfmod by reflashing Streakdroid without the perfmod option in the install.txt file. Nandroid backups are on the external SD card (rom-backup file). You can resotre them via Streakmod recovery. The size will depend on what you have installed. Mine are between 500-800 MB. If you back-up a clean install it will likely be less. No sure what would happen if you ran out of room, either it wouldn't start or not be able to complete. I have yet to hear of any internal SD cards being damaged by perfmod, but have heard that some instability with certin programs. I have had no problems.

I did a full a full backup with nandroid..

I have not noticed any problem with the prefmod. I will not remove...

(everything work, no FC / Random reboot / or any problems)

But If there is something wrong , i can recover the current system now...

I just changed my build.prop, now works almost all gameloft games.

Thanks again! Helped a lot!

Guest mrmrmrmr

if I'm not wrong, there is some progress on this rom.

As we can't update the first post, can anyone sum up details of progress ?

Btw, as I know, the most important part of 1.9.1 is being able to act as a USB host.

However, I was not able to write to NTFS formatted partitions. IS there any progress on this ?

Thanks.

Guest SuperDM

Hi guys.

I have not been able to install the new 1.9.1 =(

I have tried everything that I know... but it did not work.

I created the install.txt file, and I downloaded (in different ways) the update-1.9.1.zip file. I use StreakDroid and I face the error:

-- Installing: SDCARD:update.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(bad)

Installation Aborted.

Any help is welcome !!!! Thank you guys =)

Guest cdzo72

Hi guys.

I have not been able to install the new 1.9.1 =(

I have tried everything that I know... but it did not work.

I created the install.txt file, and I downloaded (in different ways) the update-1.9.1.zip file. I use StreakDroid and I face the error:

-- Installing: SDCARD:update.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(bad)

Installation Aborted.

Any help is welcome !!!! Thank you guys =)

Are you choosing to choose which update.zip on your card to install (2nd option) or the first option which lets it look for the "update.zip" file on your sd... I always use the option to choose which zip on my sd to flash, another thing may be naming your file "update.zip", that sometimes gives people trouble depending on the phone...

Beyond that I would have to say corrupt file

Guest SuperDM

Are you choosing to choose which update.zip on your card to install (2nd option) or the first option which lets it look for the "update.zip" file on your sd... I always use the option to choose which zip on my sd to flash, another thing may be naming your file "update.zip", that sometimes gives people trouble depending on the phone...

Beyond that I would have to say corrupt file

Thanks for your answer cdzo72 ... but :

- I downloaded to my PC and copied it to the SDCard.... and also I downloaded directly from my phone ...... from 2 different sources: android.modaco and xda-developers

- I tried both names: update-1.9.1.zip name and (renamed) update.zip ... using both options available in StreakDroid.

It does not work =( What else I can do/check ?

PS: Each time that Ii fails to install, then I reboot the streak.... and I realized that the install.txt file is empty (previosly the functions to be installed during the rom install). So I have to rewrite again and save.

Guest WakeRider89

Thanks for your answer cdzo72 ... but :

- I downloaded to my PC and copied it to the SDCard.... and also I downloaded directly from my phone ...... from 2 different sources: android.modaco and xda-developers

- I tried both names: update-1.9.1.zip name and (renamed) update.zip ... using both options available in StreakDroid.

It does not work =( What else I can do/check ?

PS: Each time that Ii fails to install, then I reboot the streak.... and I realized that the install.txt file is empty (previosly the functions to be installed during the rom install). So I have to rewrite again and save.

Is your .txt file named "install.txt" or "install"? It needs to be just "install", the txt part is just the type of file its saved as. Assuming you know have that file correct, what current version and baseband are you coming from?

Edited by WakeRider89

Guest marvin02

Is your .txt file named "install.txt" or "install"? It needs to be just "install", the txt part is just the type of file its saved as. Assuming you know have that file correct, what current version and baseband are you coming from?

The file needs to be named install.txt.

From the install instructions in the first post:

B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.