Nom nom tastes like 2X Gingerbread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest encryptor20

Omg i cannot wait for this to be released.. CM wasn't working for me and I've been waiting for GB from LG.. Paul's done it again.. hats off to ya mate!

Guest c.joenie

Well P,

you are very worth the money we pay for your endavours! Wow! I sure hope that the CM community is also able to use it to update the whole A2DP problem ...

It's so great to see both you as well as the XDA and CM community work so hard to give us what we would really want from a phone. My O2X became a great experience (than just a phone) thanks to ya all :)!

Guest Ad_rocks

I have another question - don't think it has been asked yet. When you press the power button to lock does it have the cool old school TV look? If not can you add it?

Guest jon.m.knight

@Paul - you call this an 'early leak' - just out of curiosity - what gives you that impression? Did the guy that gave you this give any sort of indication how far down the line they are with development; or are you basing this on how close you deem it to being complete?

Other than the videotalk crashing are there any other obvious holes yet?

I'm just interested in how long LG can drag it out for (delaying the rollout)

Ta

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest zippyioa

I doubt it, Paul is in London today to see ZTE - he posted it on Twitter this morning :)

Edited by zippyioa

Guest cosmicvibes

To all those asking Paul to "just post it now" can I say, why I think maybe he shouldn't:

1. Paul has said he needs to clear it with his source first.

2. If this early release does something horrific to your phone, despite posting any disclaimers there will always be someone who tries to blame Paul. He at least needs to vet this release a little first.

3. I'm sure Paul already has a list as long as his arm of things that need doing to this ROM. For the sake of his own sanity I'm sure he wants a chance to check/list up/even fix some of the basic things before releasing it into the wild - and being inundated with request to fix them.

We're all better off letting Paul work some magic first, make a good first release - then provide feedback from there on.

Guest unfun

not really on topic, but today i used a galaxy s (i9000) which has a 1ghz hummingbird cpu and android 2.2.1 unmodded, and when testing on the same wireless, the browser loaded pages with the same speed than on my optimus 2x with fr19, so i was wondering, any thoughts on that?

Guest goatee

Why would it be significantly slower? I can't imagine the browser is multi-threaded, and can take advantage of the second CPU core.

not really on topic, but today i used a galaxy s (i9000) which has a 1ghz hummingbird cpu and android 2.2.1 unmodded, and when testing on the same wireless, the browser loaded pages with the same speed than on my optimus 2x with fr19, so i was wondering, any thoughts on that?

Guest wizard83

All of above, except for video autofocus just because didn't tried so I don't know, is already fixed in latest stock Froyo ROM. This one here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1153507 . mkv works flawless (tried 720p with ac3 5.1 sound but only on headphones, waiting for micro HDMI cable to arrive) too, in stock player :)

Aaanyway, Ginger is on the way, yaaay :)

No, the pinch to zoom bug on the gallery is not fixed...if you use original google gallery is ok, but f you use the LG gallery (hw accelerated) the bug is still there...but, of course, this is not a big problem for me, I was only curious! :P

"we are one big happy family" why do you not share the update?

Simple - because my source asked me not to.

I have another question - don't think it has been asked yet. When you press the power button to lock does it have the cool old school TV look? If not can you add it?

It doesn't as standard, but it's easily enabled.

@Paul - you call this an 'early leak' - just out of curiosity - what gives you that impression? Did the guy that gave you this give any sort of indication how far down the line they are with development; or are you basing this on how close you deem it to being complete?

Other than the videotalk crashing are there any other obvious holes yet?

I'm just interested in how long LG can drag it out for (delaying the rollout)

Ta

Because my source told me it's an early build. :D There are a few things that clearly aren't finished yet (the theme being one, it's like a Froyo / Gingerbread hybrid).

No obvious issues aside from that yet...

I'm glad we haven't heard from Paul today, i hope it means he works on a release for us.wink.gif

In London today as was spotted! :)

No, the pinch to zoom bug on the gallery is not fixed...if you use original google gallery is ok, but f you use the LG gallery (hw accelerated) the bug is still there...but, of course, this is not a big problem for me, I was only curious! :P

I'll check this out and report back!

P

Guest Dac0908

Ummm nope, for me this bug was squashed with that update :huh:

But it's offtopic :o

@Paul

if you can't share it with us why have you opened this thread???!!!

I can't share it unedited. My contact is OK with me doing a MCR!

P