20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Just back on GR5 biggrin.gifafter trying CyanogenMod CM7 and stock V20L

And I seem to have the same problem sad.gif as I had with GR4, hence trying CM7

I use the stock (not LG) email app for 2 exchange accounts, and in this one it doesn't save the information entered.

I have set it up twice and it goes all the way through, even down to me being able to receive emails, and when I go into the email client after a few minutes it offers the username password dialogue to setup the account.

I can only assume it is GR4 & GR5 which have a common fault (sorry Paul ) as stock Froyo, CM7 and stock GB work fine in this regard.

This time I cant get it to save 1 account... I will try a few restarts and set it up again, hopefully someone may have an answer.

PS I know I can use K9 email, but its not as good as the stock client for what I need.

Steve

edit: wiped, wiped cache and dalvik cache before flashing GR5

I examined the backup I made from Stock V20L by Titanium Backup, the email was v2.2 NOT v2.3.4 as in this rom and in the latest Gapps

Using Titanium Backup I uninstalled the email apk and restored the one out of the stock V20L rom...

Have only tested for a short while but it is working on 2 exchange mailboxes.

Can you check the V20L rom Paul and confirm if the email apk is 2.2 or 2.3.4

Thanks

Guest pablo86gr

Hello everyone.

About the prebakes... I installed the rom and all I've got it's a bootloop. I wiped everything and I flashed the core and then the vanilla option. I don't know if there is the same result with the stock. I have the latest radio that came with the V20L offical.

Any help?

Thank's a lot for all the hard work.

Guest carleyva

I'm using Gr5 + r27 and... I have some block and the phone is not responding, Does this happen to anyone?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Edited by carleyva

Guest antec123

I have been usin CM7, is that ext4? I don't know. Any way to check it?

Thanks

yes cm7 is ext4. if you want to check just type mount on terminal emulator and see the /system. you should flash the back to ext3 first before you can flash GR5 cause it's ext3. unless you bake your own kitchen with modaco kernel that support ext4

Guest antec123

Hello everyone.

About the prebakes... I installed the rom and all I've got it's a bootloop. I wiped everything and I flashed the core and then the vanilla option. I don't know if there is the same result with the stock. I have the latest radio that came with the V20L offical.

Any help?

Thank's a lot for all the hard work.

do you come from ext4? cause this rom is ext3. you should flash back to ext3

I'm using Gr5 + r27 and... I have some block and the phone is not responding, Does this happen to anyone?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Hi,

I have got the same problems with the same configuration (r27/ext4).

Now I'm running Gr5 + HP-Kernel(RC9) with ext3. Until now there were not any blocks, freez3s, bsod etc..

Reiner

something strange is going on ... my phone is more responsive with the stock kernel than with a MCKernel (!?!?!?!?)... I tried all the 3 MCKernels available in the kitchen,but their performances are not very good.With the stok kernel my phone is faster,and freezings or lags occur less frequently...is this normal?

Guest SuperSkill

Hi,

Now I'm running Gr5 + HP-Kernel(RC9) with ext3. Until now there were not any blocks, freez3s, bsod etc..

Reiner

Me to,using hp rc8 instead now, testing, won't have rc 9,it's deleting internal sd on install....

Guest carleyva

Hi,

Reiner

I will test this combination.

Thanks for reply

hi everyone!

i'm a little bit puzzled - flashed new baseband (v20l) and installed gr5 ext 4 (coming from gr4) incl. wipe...

but checking phone stats it still says "MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LGP990 Gr4 (LGP990-V20j) - isn't it supposed to show me a GR5 version number?

moreover - usb data connection isn't working anymore, so i'm not able to reinstall a second downloaded gr5 zip from the kitchen...

checking usb drivers in the meantime - have i done something wrong in installing gr5?

usb drivers on windows 7 are allright - green checkmarks everywhere - the phone just seems to not recognize the usb connection - though i still see usb debugging in pulldown, usb storage is missing...

can't get access to (external) sd card... :unsure:

Guys I have a huge issue with free RAM. It started for me on GR4.

I wiped but still have around 70mb of ram at first boot.

is there any tool to see what is taking all my free ram away ?

I know that if I will flash the stock ROM and wipe it should be alright but I don't want to do that just now as tomorrow I am going abroad for a week and need my phone to be alive and kicking.

Thank you upfront.

ok - realized now, that external sd card is entirely missing in the os - so i obviously got an issue with gr5 and external memory - maybe its also connected to my usb problem - anyone else experiencing problems with external sd?

any input is appreciated - phone is not usable for me now - can't even access my titanium backup....

Guest dbbloke

ok - realized now, that external sd card is entirely missing in the os - so i obviously got an issue with gr5 and external memory - maybe its also connected to my usb problem - anyone else experiencing problems with external sd?

any input is appreciated - phone is not usable for me now - can't even access my titanium backup....

Got en external sd reader / adapter or other device like laptop you can use? CWM recovery from the backup (or was it the one time you decided you didnt need one).

Not had any problems whatsoever so far with GR5 at all. Battery even seems good as well on r27 ext4.

no external reader here...

i did a backup in cwm but it seems it hasn't worked for some reason - couldn't mount data... so also problems going back to gr4...

was just looking forward very much to gr5 and never had problems with pauls roms and the external sd card, so i'm a bit disappointed now...

for my other question - does GR5 show up in your phone stats? as mentioned - my stats still show gr4. the kitchen options i chose also do not seem to take effect (got still the wrong boot animation, although i chose a different one by baking for example - also have still smart share or google talk, as well as the stock videoplayer - all of which i excluded...

Got en external sd reader / adapter or other device like laptop you can use? CWM recovery from the backup (or was it the one time you decided you didnt need one).

Not had any problems whatsoever so far with GR5 at all. Battery even seems good as well on r27 ext4.

strange thing still is - the phone recognizes the removal of the sd card although i can't get access to it...

and still don't understand, why usb data connection isn't working, but it seems i'm the only one experiencing problems of this kind...

what a pitty

no external reader here...

i did a backup in cwm but it seems it hasn't worked for some reason - couldn't mount data... so also problems going back to gr4...

was just looking forward very much to gr5 and never had problems with pauls roms and the external sd card, so i'm a bit disappointed now...

for my other question - does GR5 show up in your phone stats? as mentioned - my stats still show gr4. the kitchen options i chose also do not seem to take effect (got still the wrong boot animation, although i chose a different one by baking for example - also have still smart share or google talk, as well as the stock videoplayer - all of which i excluded...

Guest rasta666

How is the signal issues on GR5? The missus is still having constant signal issues on her phone still on GR4, im wondering if its worth upgrading.

For me the signal issues disappeared on GR5 (had issues on GR4), with the new 725 baseband.

You can also try manual network selecting,select 3G/UMTS signal of your network, not GSM (for example after manual network scan I have Tele2UMTS and Tele2GSM to select), it solved the issue to one forum member.

EDIT:

talking about the data signal issue, to be clear

Edited by rasta666

Guest Drefsab

For me the signal issues disappeared on GR5 (had issues on GR4), with the new 725 baseband.

You can also try manual network selecting,select 3G/UMTS signal of your network, not GSM (for example after manual network scan I have Tele2UMTS and Tele2GSM to select), it solved the issue to one forum member.

EDIT:

talking about the data signal issue, to be clear

Cheers I will give GR5 a go then, when I can get the phone off her :) I dont think id have options for UMTS as isnt that for use in the states? Im in the UK, I will see what options there are on my desire we only see one T-Mobile, (well there's T-mobile Orange, but that's just oranges old network as the two companies are merging).

Hi,

My some phone seems to suffer also a bit of lag.. (on recommended baseband,setup gr5 with r27, ext4)

Some temp freezes, and even a total freeze (battery pull necessary) when I tried to stop filming..

Anyone succes resolving this issue? Maybe HP kernel? But which one does not wipe the internal sd on every reboot?

Guest rasta666

Hi,

My some phone seems to suffer also a bit of lag.. (on recommended baseband,setup gr5 with r27, ext4)

Some temp freezes, and even a total freeze (battery pull necessary) when I tried to stop filming..

Anyone succes resolving this issue? Maybe HP kernel? But which one does not wipe the internal sd on every reboot?

Did not try the new kernel yet, but there was a bug before, when filming/recording and also freeze when watching video and screen goes to sleep.

Flashing HP resolved this.

I am currently on RC8revised and working great.

Regarding the HP with 20L sources and wiping, spica just posted an update about this, involving the Performance pack:

"Originally Posted by spica1234 viewpost.gif FOR V20L USERS PP7 IS MUST.

JUST BCOZ. V20L RAMDISK HAS BUG WHICH WIPES INTERNAL SD IF V20L SOURCE BASED CUSTOM KERNEL IS INTRODUCED.

PP7 FIXES THE RAMDISK FOR THAT.

ITS MUST TO BE INSTALLED PRIOR TO RC9."

P.S. In my opinion, the new custom kernels are not yet ready for daily use, stick with the older tried versions for some time, you do not loose anything but gain stability.

Edited by rasta666

Did not try the new kernel yet, but there was a bug before, when filming/recording and also freeze when watching video and screen goes to sleep.

Flashing HP resolved this.

I am currently on RC8revised and working great.

Regarding the HP with 20L sources and wiping, spica just posted an update about this, involving the Performance pack:

"Originally Posted by spica1234 viewpost.gif FOR V20L USERS PP7 IS MUST.

JUST BCOZ. V20L RAMDISK HAS BUG WHICH WIPES INTERNAL SD IF V20L SOURCE BASED CUSTOM KERNEL IS INTRODUCED.

PP7 FIXES THE RAMDISK FOR THAT.

ITS MUST TO BE INSTALLED PRIOR TO RC9."

P.S. In my opinion, the new custom kernels are not yet ready for daily use, stick with the older tried versions for some time, you do not loose anything but gain stability.

Ah! That solves it!! Tnx!