20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Tsaglis

Thanks for the update paul. Been wondering where you were. Love your work. Though if you could see if the 'ram dwindling down' problem could be fixed would be great. My phone's been suffering from that on gr5. Have to restart before playing dungeon defenders to get it running smooth without lag. Other than that everything else works like a charm. Speedier than gr4 as well.

Cheers!

I have the same issue, and no program I have used up to now has solved it. (fast rebboot included)

The only solution is once every two days to make a restart. I tried several kernels (stock, mck r26-r27, HP etc) but always the same.....

Guest doncoop

Some people on XDA say that the Horse Power Kernel is better for memory management.

Worth a go maybe?

I have the same issue, and no program I have used up to now has solved it. (fast rebboot included)

The only solution is once every two days to make a restart. I tried several kernels (stock, mck r26-r27, HP etc) but always the same.....

Guest Tsaglis

Some people on XDA say that the Horse Power Kernel is better for memory management.

Worth a go maybe?

For a better memory managment try a custom kernel like mcr or horsepower and supercharger: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

I am well aware of these kernel. In fact I was using the RC9 and now the SR2. I removed a lot of widgets so to make the device lighter. Lets'see

Guest markop90

The last horsepower kernel based on v20l sources (rc9) is not compatible with gr5...the ramdisk could wipe your internal sd and sometimes, when you restart your phone, it goes in bootloop..

Wait for a fixed kernel

Guest Tsaglis

The last horsepower kernel based on v20l sources (rc9) is not compatible with gr5...the ramdisk could wipe your internal sd and sometimes, when you restart your phone, it goes in bootloop..

Wait for a fixed kernel

I did not have any such problems with RC9. Anyway I am now on [email protected].

Guest sugardad

Wait for a fixed kernel

+1 markop90

I have reverted my Bro's Device back to mck r26

btw where is Gr6, are we there yet?

Edited by sugardad

Guest rasta666

Wait for a fixed kernel

That is correct, but you can use Performance pack7 to avoid the issue.

If onGR5,in CWM, flash PP7 (takes 10-15 minutes), then immediately HP RC9, then reboot.

Guest markop90

That is correct, but you can use Performance pack7 to avoid the issue.

If onGR5,in CWM, flash PP7 (takes 10-15 minutes), then immediately HP RC9, then reboot.

Sure, but I don't like the performance pack because it makes lots of heavy tweaks to the system (like converting partitions in ext2 => not cwm compatible anymore)

I prefer to stay with v20l standard kernel, because I haven't appreciated any noticeable improvements with other kernels.

Guest eViLsTieFel

I've had a very weird issue with Gr5,

sometimes (happens irregularly) the baseband will 'somewhat crash', resulting in me not getting any sms (or send reports). I can still send sms, but I can't receive any. The issue will only be fixed when I restart the phone. This is rather annoying, as I won't know when it happens and it doesn't look like a 'normal' baseband crash (no cell reception whatsoever).

I'm running the recommended baseband 745 and 20L RIL.

Guest PrFalken

sometimes (happens irregularly) the baseband will 'somewhat crash', resulting in me not getting any sms (or send reports). I can still send sms, but I can't receive any. The issue will only be fixed when I restart the phone. This is rather annoying, as I won't know when it happens and it doesn't look like a 'normal' baseband crash (no cell reception whatsoever).

I had almost the same behaviour, the phone didn't ring except to notify me I missed a call :(

I used BB and ril 725 toi ...

Hope it can be fixed in Gr6 :)

Guest jimborae

Yep I've seen this issue a couple of times as well, both with SMS and calls, people try to call and it goes directly to voicemail, sms come through all at once after phone has been rebooted.

Yep I've seen this issue a couple of times as well, both with SMS and calls, people try to call and it goes directly to voicemail, sms come through all at once after phone has been rebooted.

think it`s toggle 2G, which normally disconnects 3G network after a certain sleep time- maybe also somehow provider specific (2g/3g handling?)... Deactivating toggle 2g definetely resolved the same issue for me...

Hi guys, me too almost the same... i have 0725 and gr5 untouched and its working very nice except this problem.

I also noticed that after a little longer talk, like for 10min, phone signal is lost for a sec and then back.

Happens more often on 3g then 2g.

If anyone found a solution for this, we would be VERY happy to hear.

Paul. any ideas? Or anyone?

Hi there,

Lil' question: have you heard about TV connections time out on Optimus 2X under Gingerbread. I'm in France, with Orange as provider (tv option included, of course), and, each time I launch TV Orange apk, it starts running, I can watch TV for 10 seconds and then it freezes...I've tried with CM7 and Gr5, several test kernels and the result is the same. So, I've downgraded ;-) to Fr19, and the connection now doesn't fail...

Quite strange isn't it ?

Many thanks if anybody has some lights on that topic.

Okdac

Guest René Klunder

I got BB issues too, a couple of times a reboot just while toggling wifi.

Sorry!

WiFi and BB are not related here (above)

Please, don't say stuff when you're not sure,

tbecause this creates only questions and no solutions.

Guest Involver

I'm having some weird issue's on GR5 (MCK r26 and 1035 BB) which I didn't have on FR19... can anyone else verify/confirm/dismiss?

- when using BT carkit when receiving emails (notification) I get a DTMF tone on the speaker while on a call

- when using BT carkit, dialing digits causes the DTMF tones to be played over the phone's speaker (instead of the carkit). No other sound is being heard over the speaker

- 3G data issue, after flight mode no data is available over 3G. App says no internet connection available. Only reboot seems to help, not toggling flight mode, nor 2G/3G toggle

- Battery usage is not as good as FR19. It's not bad but has been significantly better with FR19

I've fully wiped the device before flashing GR5, no restore from FR backups. All apps and settings where reloaded manually. Overall I like this GR release over FR when it comes to speed, but FR seemed better suited for daily usage. Pretty sure it's LG and not Paul ;-)

Rgds - D

Guest ciarpame

Sorry!

WiFi and BB are not related here (above)

Please, don't say stuff when you're not sure,

tbecause this creates only questions and no solutions.

Sorry and thank you for pointing that out.

It seems that I misinterpreted statements found everywhere stating that baseband is handling the mobile radio communications. Since wifi is without doubts delivered via radio waves I felt authorized to think that BB was handling wifi too. If I can use a related metaphor, I did not mean to add noise to this thread.

Anyway you gave me good news, it means that my BB installation is not defective and I can hope that a next GR release will fix this wifi issue.