20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fenek11

good day I wanted to ask such a thing.I have a problem ,I would like to store things on the external SD card and not on internal ,because it is an internal card is too small to fit me on it too much data I would like to know if it is something to it, although it is on this issue not fit but I wanted to know if it's something I have and rebuild official rom from xda.

Sorry for my English

Edited by fenek11

Guest doncoop

Hey dude,

Not sure why you'd want to move stuff off the internal SD for the O2x (never had a problem with it myself).

However I now have an Xperia Play which has next to zero internal memory. If you are rooted an app called Link2SD is what you are after. It moves as much of the app as possible to your external SD (you have to partition it first) tricking the phone to think you haven't so all widgets etc still work.

I followed the guide here

Hope that helps

good day I wanted to ask such a thing.I have a problem ,I would like to store things on the external SD card and not on internal ,because it is an internal card is too small to fit me on it too much data I would like to know if it is something to it, although it is on this issue not fit but I wanted to know if it's something I have and rebuild official rom from xda.

Sorry for my English

Guest Nic0co

Hi,

any thing new? my phone with the Gr5 (with last update) seem to be laggy :(

a Gr6, 7 or 8 are in the roadmap? ;)

Paul, re-re-re-re-re-reeeeee Thx for your job on Android Phones ;)

ps: if cool's Windows Phone with android fonctianality like agenda sharing and OTA sync/update ;) bye Android

Guest Basil 123

Paul, sure you must be really busy with a million things, but can you give us an update/ETA on Gr6 please? As you yourself have commented elsewhere , there are several improvements in the v20o release. Really deserves a proper kitchen setup.

Sorry to whine, but it has been a while since the LG 2x has enjoyed your attention. Personally I prefer your kitchen setup, so I want to wait rather than flash the several tweaked releases on xda (sorry if this offends any other hard-working people!)

Appreciate all your hard work, Good luck with all you're busy with.

Cheers

Baz

Eyup all, hope you had a good Christmas and New Year!

Just a heads up that I now have time to pick up the V20O release for Gr6... watch this space.

As an aside, i'm continually liaising with my contact in LG to get hold of ICS, and he assures me that 'i'll be the first to get it', so fingers crossed.

P

Guest jimborae

Just a heads up that I now have time to pick up the V20O release for Gr6... watch this space.

As an aside, i'm continually liaising with my contact in LG to get hold of ICS, and he assures me that 'i'll be the first to get it', so fingers crossed.

P

This is very good news re Gr6 coz as others have mentioned there are some very good V20O roms doing the rounds so hopefully MCR Gr6 will become one of them also. Personally I'm using Gueste 2X v2, battery life is unreal !!.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

P

Great news indeed! Thanx for all ur hard work Paul, standing by 4 more.

Guest Piter1225

P

Great to see you back again Paul, I just thought that O2x became one of these 'forgotten devices' ;)

Guest MaxEigelb

I waited just for this message..... i feel like a kid on xmas-morning :)

Max

Help, my phone won't boot anymore!

Hi, I tryed to install a custom rom usig this guide (I problably shouldnt have done his in the first place)

I used "rom manger" to reboot in recovery and install the zip and now when I turn on the phone it keeps restarting and doesn't boot. Can someone please help me?? Is the anything I can do?

Guest SuperSkill

P

Happy new year, good news, thanks :)

Guest bhanvadia

Happy New Year.

And Paul did you also get BB with this V20O release, as Hell on xda could not get his hands on new baseband, just a update.zip, but still good.

Waiting for Gr6, till then using CM7 self compiled.

Guest SuperSkill

Help, my phone won't boot anymore!

Hi, I tryed to install a custom rom usig this guide (I problably shouldnt have done his in the first place)

I used "rom manger" to reboot in recovery and install the zip and now when I turn on the phone it keeps restarting and doesn't boot. Can someone please help me?? Is the anything I can do?

Hi, what is kernel?? Maybe thats why, first rom you have installed??

SuperSkill ;)

Hi, what is kernel?? Maybe thats why, first rom you have installed??

SuperSkill ;)

He opened up a seperate thread for this question as well and is has been answered there.

Guest kuronow

hi paul, i was wondering if you can make a GB from the original firmware V20a, wich have an data enabler instead the flip screen button, on the toggle display, besides i had some issues with the media audio, you are doing an exellent job by the way, ragards in advance.

Guest Basil 123

Been having some hiccups with my phone, so flashed some v20o ROMs out there - all good but really just waiting for the GB stock-like version of Gr6.

Sure that Paul must be tweaking it to death so that its perfect for its final kitchen release, as there are some really good v20o ROMs about already, and he has a hard-earned rep to uphold.

Cheers

Baz

EDIT flashed back to Gr5 - it really is stable and performs well.

Edited by Basil 123

This is the development topic for the Gr6 ROM for the Optimus 2X, based on V20O.

The development will be taking place gradually in a kitchen before the full prebake release. The initial kitchen is now online and i'll be adding parts and testing in preperation for a full prebake release!

BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING! A wipe is required if not coming from MCR.

:)

P