20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SuperSkill

This is the development topic for the Gr6 ROM for the Optimus 2X, based on V20O.

The development will be taking place gradually in a kitchen before the full prebake release. The initial kitchen will be online tomorrow with parts being added in building up to a full prebake release. Watch this space!

:)

P

Hi

This makes me really happy, now we can cook again :rolleyes:

SuperSkill

Guest Basil 123

HELL YES!!!

Lovely news m8!

Thank you - really appreciate all your hard work.

TGC

Baz

EDIT - @Paul what BB do you recommend for Gr6? Could you post a link on your kitchen page please?

Edited by Basil 123

EDIT - @Paul what BB do you recommend for Gr6? Could you post a link on your kitchen page please?

I don't know yet... I need to catch up with what's current and decide. :)

P

Guest Involver

Good to see you again Paul! Hope you've been fine, let's see what you'll come up with... wink.gif

... in the meantime I'll be using Thanatos v5.1 which is I have to say really worth a look...

Guest Ferrum Master

At last a true wielder of the power of the dark side... (as Google itself is the dark empire) I am not saying that you are Lord Vader... but... :lol:

So the current status... at last XDA catched up GR roms in terms un stabilty and latest O2X roms ar blazing fast. But there was a mess with SQL lite libraries... WAL mode with the new one, but in the latest 20o LG uses heavily patched older one, that has very smooth scrolling... no sources so we can not recompile it with the latest tools. There for there were freeze isue in between roms and kernels and PP packs... it will happen here also.

Spica is doing wonders... rewriting whole cpu driver etc... he is crazy and talented as hell...

Also there is a gossip rumors around that LG poked some poor quality component boards in some phones, so... yeah as for every manufacturer only some can be oced out of the original specs... :rolleyes:, I took it personally... and I am still laughing at some people...

And at last... GPS works still like crap... and RIL and baseband still is quite unstable... some must leak some info from LG itself and find out where are the major problems.

And last thing... they are starting ICS developing... gosh even Sony Ericsson (RIP) gave a half baked alpha... 

Edited by Ferrum Master

Guest hicks12

Yes paul keep at it! Uploads, are the mortal enemy of man!.

I think 725 is the baseband every v20O based rom is using along with a 725 rill.

Few roms have had solid GPS, locked within 3 seconds from cold...!. On gueste 2x rom with SR1 kernel, solid stuff but battery life could be better and the google browser is pretty dire i.e scrolling terrible its laggy on rendering and im not sure if its a browser thing or rom issue but it fails to rework text 50% of the time (as in moving it all so you can read it without having to sidescroll!).

Guest PaulOBrien

Initial kitchen is online!

I'll be testing the various parts now and updating the various bits and bobs (particularly the themes which aren't currently available).

P

Guest Carlos Silva_301953

Initial kitchen is online!

I'll be testing the various parts now and updating the various bits and bobs (particularly the themes which aren't currently available).

P

Cannot install aplications :-(

post-921706-0-49299000-1326807040_thumb.

Guest PaulOBrien

thanks Paul, installed fine and seems smooth.

Trying to open 'About Phone' under settings causes a FC of settings.

Cheers

Baz

Not here, which options did you select?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

17th Jan - 13:35

• Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernels to be compatible with this release, and incremented experimental MCK to r28 (.54 patchset).

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

17th Jan - 15:30

• Added CRT screen off effect for all builds
  • Removed auto update client
  • Tweaked Settings app to hide OnScreenPhone options when not installed
  • Updated all themes for this V20o based build
  • Updated CyanogenMod APN list
  • Updated stock lockscreen option
  • Added silent camcorder option
  • Added Toggle2G option