20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Splather

AHA! It was showing as already enabled, but when I went in and manually selected "All Animations" it is now working. Many thx!

Did you enable "all animations" ?

BR.

Guest jon.m.knight

Can someone link me the leaked baseband/ril for gr1 please? Stuck at work and don't think my proxy server is refreshing properly. Half my sites are out of date! mad.gif

Generic 20110622 http://loadbalancing...bmwsyw6nmxstsju

GB Specific 20110622 (use if above fails) http://loadbalancing...a8iyhma4w8g5225

RIL included in ROM

e;fb

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest xgeneralex

Battery life is good. Only 6 hours less than v10c and derivated with moderated usage. I noticed only a few peaks of mAh (450 mAh - 900 mAH) with the 3g network.

Still needs improvement to prevent randomly battery drain...

What a pity for 3g. I have to reactivate it just switch on/off flight mode.

No problem with bsod crash or wifi.

I've ginger bb 622.

photose.th.png

photos1s.th.png

Edited by xgeneralex

The release for the G2x is indeed out, and it seems to be very similar to the so called frankenbuild that Paul had already over a month ago. No new kernel, still 2.6.32.9 either. It seems that Gr1 will pretty much be what we will be getting anyway in that case, maybe with some more bugs fixed. What a letdown by LG and probably nVidia... :-(

Guest BUFUMAN

found a bug:

after installing or uninstalling apk's the display dont recognize any input unless i hit the return hardware button or home button.

should i try new baseband for ginger?

Guest t.sjostrom

My phone stuck after LG logo with black screen, but reacts on touching the screen (leds turns on) :(

Had the exact same problem, turns out I had EXT4 filesystem, did not think I had, but using the tool comvertin frmo ext4, solved everything :-)

Guest Batkoto

The release for the G2x is indeed out, and it seems to be very similar to the so called frankenbuild that Paul had already over a month ago. No new kernel, still 2.6.32.9 either. It seems that Gr1 will pretty much be what we will be getting anyway in that case, maybe with some more bugs fixed. What a letdown by LG and probably nVidia... :-(

I wonder what more you expect? Leaked GB for O2X is already 2.3.4 and as mentioned it is first leak which means there will be more to come.

Just don't get all the people asking for more and more... Reading your post sounds like you are expecting LG to push IceCream for O2X.

Guest hackworks

I wonder what more you expect? Leaked GB for O2X is already 2.3.4 and as mentioned it is first leak which means there will be more to come.

Just don't get all the people asking for more and more... Reading your post sounds like you are expecting LG to push IceCream for O2X.

What good is 2.3.4 on froyo kernel. It is like a shining new Mercedes fitted with a cheap old engine. I would expect a Kernel update.

Guest casper326

Had the exact same problem, turns out I had EXT4 filesystem, did not think I had, but using the tool comvertin frmo ext4, solved everything :-)

My LG 2X haven't any EXT4 filesystem...

Also get this problem...

Guest kickasskev

found a bug:

after installing or uninstalling apk's the display dont recognize any input unless i hit the return hardware button or home button.

should i try new baseband for ginger?

Yeah I was having that problem aswel :blink: and I have the gb baseband

Edited by kickasskev

Guest Gump81

Hi guys! i like the gr1 rom but i hate the 2g/3g problem and the GPS fix is inferior to fr 19, i think ...

thx to Paul for the good work !

Guest Stevvie

Just tried the radio. Although it seems to start and scan, it can't seem to find any stations. I didnt have any problems getting a station on fr19. Also waited for over 5 minuted to get a GPS lock but couldn't.

Guest jon.m.knight

@Paul

Stumbled on this the other day.. Haven't personally tried this myself but was wondering whether it's something that could be implemented into GrX? (as there seem to be a lot of testimonials / happy people).. Guessing that the limitation will be the stock kernel? Assuming that it can access the script dir (innit.d?) ... that's if you don't already implement something like this yourself?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1111145

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest homerjsim

My LG 2X haven't any EXT4 filesystem...

Also get this problem...

I have the same problem. My phone hangs after typing in the PIN code of the SIM. "Unlocking Sim-Card...." forever.

Guest tmirage

I have the same problem. My phone hangs after typing in the PIN code of the SIM. "Unlocking Sim-Card...." forever.

I had your issue also. To me it was caused by recovering a backup from TB where the phone/sms/apn was included. As soon as i restored that my phone would hang an verifying sim forever.

Guest casper326

did you try to wipe or flash again ?

When I try to reboot my 2X, also get a black screen after showing the LG logo...

I must need to reflash my phone to get my phone back....

If only wipe the phone.. It also can't boot up..

And I'm sure that I haven't any EXT4 in any partition...