20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul,

how about init.d support in stock kernel and ro.secure=0 in default.prop? Is it already implented?

Yes, I think I have all the Gr5 features pretty much in now too...

P

Hi,

what is the "SIM Toolkit" needed for ? And how can i extract the settings with which i baked my personal GR5 version (zip or image) ? I want to apply the same settings to GR6.

TIA,

blafoo

Hi,

what is the "SIM Toolkit" needed for ? And how can i extract the settings with which i baked my personal GR5 version (zip or image) ? I want to apply the same settings to GR6.

TIA,

blafoo

simtoolkit is for GSM simcard applications which operators provide

for example in our country we have a mobile identification service, which we use to login into internetbanks and make online payments and etc

Edited by libehv

Guest Zlatan_61

Can anyone compare GR6 with the other V20O roms on XDA?

I'm currently on the stock V20L and I read a lot of good things about some of the other ROMS (Guarente etc), so I'm wondering which one to isntall, Gr6 or one of those?

Guest SouNourS

Hi Paul, thx for your roms.

I have a little problem, the phone application is not installed ?!!

It's there .... I can answer phone call, but cant launch the app.

Cant launch "contact" too...

Superuser tell "radio not allowed", is it normal ?

Where I'm wrong ?

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

f

g

e

i

s

o

p

q

t

b

y

r

x

Phone application work if I dont choose the google phone app in the kitchen :

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

g

i

s

o

p

q

t

b

u

r

x

Edited by SouNourS

Guest Trym Hansen

Haven't tested it yet, but I can at least tell you that LG has phased out the "App Advisor", so I guess it should be removed from the kitchen as well.

Guest PaulOBrien

Haven't tested it yet, but I can at least tell you that LG has phased out the "App Advisor", so I guess it should be removed from the kitchen as well.

I saw it was missing from Gr6, figured some people might still use it. Unlikely tho. :D

P

Guest Trym Hansen

I saw it was missing from Gr6, figured some people might still use it. Unlikely tho. :D

P

Yeah. LG will cut off the server at some point, cannot remember the date. Anyway:

?:??: W/?(?): --------- beginning of /dev/log/main

01-18 10:38:49.637: I//system/xbin/busybox(1050): mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 on /data failed: Invalid argument

01-18 10:38:49.647: I//system/xbin/busybox(1050): mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /system failed: Invalid argument

01-18 10:38:49.647: I//system/xbin/busybox(1050): run-parts: /system/etc/init.d/98mounts exited with code 255

01-18 10:38:49.797: I/logwrapper(1050): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(1)

...something up with the init-scripts.

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah. LG will cut off the server at some point, cannot remember the date. Anyway:

?:??: W/?(?): --------- beginning of /dev/log/main
01-18 10:38:49.637: I//system/xbin/busybox(1050): mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 on /data failed: Invalid argument
01-18 10:38:49.647: I//system/xbin/busybox(1050): mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /system failed: Invalid argument
01-18 10:38:49.647: I//system/xbin/busybox(1050): run-parts: /system/etc/init.d/98mounts exited with code 255
01-18 10:38:49.797: I/logwrapper(1050): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(1)
[/code]

...something up with the init-scripts.

EXT3 or 4?

P

Guest Trym Hansen

EXT3 or 4?

P

Ext4, r28 kernel. Saw the same thing in GR5 if I'm not mistaken. Everything seems to work, but I guess you want to mount stuff "your" way.

Just trying it out with Gingerbread Theme - found a problem with the GPS icon when it's looking for a position. It flashes between the correct icon and a signal strength icon.

Guest SuperSkill

Can anyone compare GR6 with the other V20O roms on XDA?

I'm currently on the stock V20L and I read a lot of good things about some of the other ROMS (Guarente etc), so I'm wondering which one to isntall, Gr6 or one of those?

Hidry.gif

I would try them all, then decide which to prefer, but, Pauls kitchens is amazingrolleyes.gif

SuperSkillbiggrin.gif

Guest Trym Hansen

Is there any way to stop the PackageManager from "unpacking native libraries for ..." <every installed app> every boot? This would help tremendously on the boot time.

Guest PaulOBrien

Is there any way to stop the PackageManager from "unpacking native libraries for ..." <every installed app> every boot? This would help tremendously on the boot time.

Noted, will check that out too, very odd.

P