20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

How can i exchange the lockscreen only without wiping the complete installation ? I checked the wrong lockscreen in the kitchen :-(

Once you have done the first installation, you should be able to try out various recipes from the kitchen without needing to do another wipe. Just cook up a version with the right lockscreen and install it over the wrong one.

Or you can just edit your build.prop if you like -

You just need to change the value of user.feature.lock_andy= from true to false the other way round. (True is the LG lockscreen)

Guest Stevvie

Oh..! Spica's kernel works for you? Which version is that? I tried SR2 version, but it gave me bootloop ( looks like something to do with EXT4, maybe? ). Using dr4go's FPS kernel now.

Pre RC12Build2Loud.

Pre RC12Build2Loud.

Lol.. ! Why, ofcourse..! The magic kernel for testers :D. How does it performance so far.

For me the GR6 6 is the best ROM so far gone into my O2X - with stock kernel. I need little bit oc/uv so that I can have a bit of flexibility in battery life. That is why tried to flash SR2.

Guest SuperSkill

Lol.. ! Why, ofcourse..! The magic kernel for testers :D. How does it performance so far.

For me the GR6 6 is the best ROM so far gone into my O2X - with stock kernel. I need little bit oc/uv so that I can have a bit of flexibility in battery life. That is why tried to flash SR2.

Yep, pre rc 12 are really good, will test on gr6 in a couple of days now testing battery a few cycles after calibration ;)

did some one have uptime of 50 hours at least with this rom? is the memory leek still present?

all the V20O still have memory leek after about 50 hours of usage, the free memory drops to about 35Mb and the phone lags big time even the alarm clock sounds lags.

thanks.

Do you have an external SD card? If yes, remove it and try once again all wipes including system and see what happens.

EDIT.. Please make sure that you are not using CWM external SD card version. Almost forgot that mine is external SD version.

No the previous install was GR5 standard kernel.

I do have an external SD card in, that is what I was flashing from via Paul's cwm 4.0.0.5

Tried again with wipes, and same result.

To resolve this, I removed battery and booted into software install mode (power+down volume), downloaded the KDZ V20m rom and following the process described here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1327929) I installed the rom

Initially it errored with messages about corrupt partitions, but pressing restart caused it to reinstall correctly

So now stock V20m and seems all good again... will upgrade again to GR6 today (wish me luck cool.gif)

Steve

Guest Stevvie

Performs excellent, with great battery life. Use phone all the time on wiki and IMDB and I get about 2 days out of it on 2g (don't have the need for 3g as almost always on wifi), obviously less if I play games. Feels really snappy with LauncherProPlus.

did some one have uptime of 50 hours at least with this rom? is the memory leek still present?

all the V20O still have memory leek after about 50 hours of usage, the free memory drops to about 35Mb and the phone lags big time even the alarm clock sounds lags.

thanks.

I get about that on normal usage, the only time It last less is when i'm playing games.

The only downside of Spica's HP kernels are that it doesn't support IP table YET so droidwall and things like that don't work on it.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest Basil 123

Solid job Paul, This is polished work and up to your usual high standards....

Perhaps off-topic slightly but I'd encourage people to join Modaco - it helps support you for your time and costs for hosting servers, etc.

Cheers

Baz

Guest mobi1975

Hi Paul,

nice to see some new.

Which of your kernels do you advise to use/ will be the best option ?

My main points are smooth working, long battery life and less RAM usage.

Regards,

mobi

Short feedback after using GR6 for a day: it works :).

I can't see any differences to GR5 so far except for the lost data connectivity. The lost data connectivity has been the reason to abandom GR6. In seems to happen in GR6, too - but it reconnects automatically !

GPS after 5-10 seconds, battery at 60% after 12h with 2 image updates inbetween.

Guest tablighs

Is it me or gr6 feels very laggy? I use custom cooked rom with init.d tweaks and patched sql. The launcher keeps redrawing alot of times. Even when I use supercharger, the launcher holds by the overall system does'nt feel smooth. Did I do something wrong? Edit: I removed ramscript because I think there's a conflict with supercharger. Everything seems normal now. See how it goes after a few days. O2x + Gr6 + stock kernel.

Edited by tablighs

No the previous install was GR5 standard kernel.

I do have an external SD card in, that is what I was flashing from via Paul's cwm 4.0.0.5

Tried again with wipes, and same result.

So now stock V20m and seems all good again... will upgrade again to GR6 today (wish me luck cool.gif)

Steve

Ah ok..!

I am on latest CWM (5.0.2.7-R2).

Since you have already cleaned the internal memory, backup and format your external SD too ( Just in case).

....and good luck :with GR6 :D ....

Guest SuperSkill

Is it me or gr6 feels very laggy? I use custom cooked rom with init.d tweaks and patched sql. The launcher keeps redrawing alot of times. Even when I use supercharger, the launcher holds by the overall system does'nt feel smooth. Did I do something wrong? Edit: I removed ramscript because I think there's a conflict with supercharger. Everything seems normal now. See how it goes after a few days. O2x + Gr6 + stock kernel.

Kind of felt it too, and after install it reboots one time after unlocking the phone. Had to pull the battery. Haven't had this issue since gr5. The lags might be the launcher or the r28 kernel(mine got a lot better with hp kernel). Will bake another one with stock kernel(ext3) and try it out again. Maybe a good idea to try out the pre bakes.

Anyway, I feel really happy baking again but after been used to have the ics transformer pack its hard to get used to google launcher again, flashing it to gr6 don't work so if anyone has a solution for that it would be appreciatedrolleyes.gif

I have the same problem ... The GR6 is very laggy with every kernel and with or without init.d script ! I go back to my old Rom waiting for a fix.

v20o baseband is very bad.... v20l is the best for gr6

I have been losing data connectivity with Gr6. Usually it needs a reboot to get a data connection back, but sometimes turning data on and off works. I am on the V20l baseband, so I am going to try the matching RIL instead of the v20o RIL.