20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SuperSkill

v20o baseband is very bad.... v20l is the best for gr6

Jesus, wrote 20O BB, ment to be 20m BB, SORRY..

Hmmm. Strange as this is a v20O rom, but, you never know. V20M BB and V20O Ril has better sound quality and stability for network than 20L(my experience).

SuperSkilldry.gif

Edited by SuperSkill

Hmmm. Strange as this is a v20O rom, but, you never know. V20O BB and Ril has better sound quality and stability for network than 20L(my experience).

SuperSkilldry.gif

Hi SuperSkill,

Can you please provide a link to V20O baseband ?. It is pretty boring weekend and I love to play around with the phone and settings ;).

Guest sinatra123

I have been losing data connectivity with Gr6. Usually it needs a reboot to get a data connection back, but sometimes turning data on and off works. I am on the V20l baseband, so I am going to try the matching RIL instead of the v20o RIL.

I have got same problem with v20O BB. o_O

Guest ciarpame

Things on the to-do list...

• check FM radio app

FM radio is missing for me too, even if selected from the kitchen. Related APK are missing from /system/app into my FR6 zip. Also I did not choose to install fonts.apk but i found it in /system/app, maybe the kitchen swapped the settings, since the two options are "neighbors" in kitchen form?

My kitchen choices, as listed in options.txt

a

c

g

e

i

j

l

s

o

p

q

y

m

How can I install just the fmradio now? (edit: just copied the 3 fm radio APKs to system/app, it seems to work) 

Edited by ciarpame

Guest PaulOBrien

FM radio is missing for me too, even if selected from the kitchen. Related APK are missing from /system/app into my FR6 zip. Also I did not choose to install fonts.apk but i found it in /system/app, maybe the kitchen swapped the settings, since the two options are "neighbors" in kitchen form?

My kitchen choices, as listed in options.txt

a

c

g

e

i

j

l

s

o

p

q

y

m

How can I install just the fmradio now? (edit: just copied the 3 fm radio APKs to system/app, it seems to work) 

Weird, I'll check that, thanks. Please log in the bug tracker if not there already!

P

Guest Sheppie

Even on XDA I couldn't find the BB for V20O. And as I'm sure you've heard that the SU660 BB are different because of the Korean models, that there was a 1035 BB for it but never extracted from a certain official SU660 rom. Anyway, that is what i've heard

I'm still searching for the V20O BB and if I'll find it i'll post it here.

PS. Paul, has your vast knowledge of this phone and your connections any idea where to find the newer BB, or for a fact that is is true that there is a 1035 BB?

Guest hicks12

Any reasons why im getting terrible battery life? Normally i get 2 days on most roms and sometimes more, just switched to yours a few days ago and well it lasts less than a day, today it fully drained in 18 hours... my usage has been less than normal as nothings been happening so im not sure why the battery life is so bad, ive calibrated the battery and drained it but still bad. Any ideas?

Also, had a lockup which hasnt happened in a long time... was texting and then i think i received a text and it vibrated briefly then froze, wasnt excepting input and the only way around was the pull the battery :(. Using kernel r28)

Guest SuperSkill

Weird, I'll check that, thanks. Please log in the bug tracker if not there already!

P

Hi:)

Seems like the radio don't get superuser permission, it should not need it though, never seen that message before...

SuperSkill ;)

Guest SuperSkill

Any reasons why im getting terrible battery life? Normally i get 2 days on most roms and sometimes more, just switched to yours a few days ago and well it lasts less than a day, today it fully drained in 18 hours... my usage has been less than normal as nothings been happening so im not sure why the battery life is so bad, ive calibrated the battery and drained it but still bad. Any ideas?

Also, had a lockup which hasnt happened in a long time... was texting and then i think i received a text and it vibrated briefly then froze, wasnt excepting input and the only way around was the pull the battery :(. Using kernel r28)

Perhaps try another kernel, r28 is new and you can't expect it to be stable yet.

SuperSkill :)

Guest SuperSkill

Even on XDA I couldn't find the BB for V20O. And as I'm sure you've heard that the SU660 BB are different because of the Korean models, that there was a 1035 BB for it but never extracted from a certain official SU660 rom. Anyway, that is what i've heard

I'm still searching for the V20O BB and if I'll find it i'll post it here.

PS. Paul, has your vast knowledge of this phone and your connections any idea where to find the newer BB, or for a fact that is is true that there is a 1035 BB?

I corrected my post, latest bb is 20O, sorry for misled you;)

Guest ciarpame

I tried to bake with "owain94 init.d tweaks" but I experienced very poor performances, like driving a car with handbrake on. It took seconds to see widgets slowly drawn in the homescreen, one after another.

So I removed all added scripts from /etc/init.d, except 14defragdb and 19zipalign and now the phone is fast and snappy, the usual MCR experience finally without V20L bugs.

Now I could restore the scripts one by one to see which one(s) is(are) slowing down my mobile but since I already got the expected performances honestly I prefer at first to understand if they are really useful. So what about your experience with owain94 init.d tweaks?

Edited by ciarpame

Guest Kostja_V

Paul,

is it possible to change mount points in the vold.fstab and ramdisk?

Stock mounting really sucks. Just installed two games on my O2x (Spectral Souls and Generation of Chaos) and there is no space left on /sdcard/ while /sdcard/_ExternalSD has 26gb left, but no games/programs can use it.

So it would be great to have an option to mount external SD as /sdcard/ and internal as /sdcard/_InternalSD.

hello there.. i have the clockworkmod 4.0.0.5 and i format my memory and my sd card. then i done full wipe then i done back to ext3 and finaly i flashed this rom and stack on lg screen..

why? what i m doing wrong?

Guest SuperSkill

hello there.. i have the clockworkmod 4.0.0.5 and i format my memory and my sd card. then i done full wipe then i done back to ext3 and finaly i flashed this rom and stack on lg screen..

why? what i m doing wrong?

Update cwr and you should be fine :-)

can't get gr6 up and running on my phone....

came from gr5 ext4, cwm 5... tried now with mck 26 and now bootlooping. tried several times now with different downloads - wiped everything, even nvflashed back to factory settings...

very frustrating...

any suggestions?

what could be the problem?

tried everything i could think about for now - gr6 is not working for me - just neverending bootloop...

going back to gr5 and can't recommend flashing gr6 to anyone for now...

ok - the same happening now for gr5 - bootlooping - this is getting annoying. it seems i can't flash any custom rom anymore - can just use rhe nv flash procedure to get my phone "working" - not very satisfying indeed...

flashing pauls roms for quite a while now, following most of the froyo releases and all of the gingerbread releases and never ended up like this. what happened to my phone?

Guest mtr_proper

can't get gr6 up and running on my phone....

came from gr5 ext4, cwm 5... tried now with mck 26 and now bootlooping. tried several times now with different downloads - wiped everything, even nvflashed back to factory settings...

very frustrating...

any suggestions?

what could be the problem?

Hello everyone,,,, ;D

maybe you have to use Backtoext3, it solved my problem last day.

Hello everyone,,,, ;D

maybe you have to use Backtoext3, it solved my problem last day.

yes maybe - already thought of it but can't get to back2ext3, as all filesonic links are down and so i can't try,,,

going back to factory via nv flash doesnt convert back to ext3 i assume?

still trying to install but nothing seems to work...

thanks for your answer though - desperately looking for solutions...

Guest mtr_proper

yes maybe - already thought of it but can't get to back2ext3, as all filesonic links are down and so i can't try,,,

going back to factory via nv flash doesnt convert back to ext3 i assume?

still trying to install but nothing seems to work...

thanks for your answer though - desperately looking for solutions...

dont worry i´m pretty sure that´s your problem,because i had had the same issue. try it,