20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jocke45

I had the same problem. One of the following things solved my problem. I can't say what exactly did the trick because I tried them all at once:

- Install 0622 Baseband GINGERBREAD Version

- Bake rom again with default options or use Prebake => Flash it.

- DO NOT Restore a TitaniumBackup or at lease be very carefull, what applications and settings you restore.

My O2X is running smoothly sfor over 24h now. I encountered no crashes since then.

hope that helps.

didn't work, still just a spinning circle when it tries to unlock the sim-card..

Too bad but I'll try again later if I have the patience

Guest Cyrillus

apparantely, i flashed GR1 from FR19 with 622 Baseband, got connected to 3G networks but no data connection, it shows sent receive activity but seems like it only send and not receiving data. perhaps i should flashed the Gingerbread Baseband..

i'll post afterwards..

Guest Stevvie

apparantely, i flashed GR1 from FR19 with 622 Baseband, got connected to 3G networks but no data connection, it shows sent receive activity but seems like it only send and not receiving data. perhaps i should flashed the Gingerbread Baseband..

i'll post afterwards..

You might need to do what some of us need to do, Just turn the 'Data enabled' setting off then on again a few times in settings/wireless&networkSettings/Mobile networks. This seems to get data to flow again.

Guest achim w.

Well, just tried the new bake first FR19 622 baseband and then with GB 622 baseband and still: Sound will stop after a few minutes during setting up the phone. No musicplayer, no incoming calls sound, no keyboard sound - just dumb.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Guest chinaa

super thank you for this.

just installed it. its good for an early release. it loads fastly (titanium backup list loads way faster)

Wifi and internet carrier seem to work fine.

camera doesnt crash for me but I wish quality was better and some autofocus function for video mode :D.

the flash lasts longer than froyo and when I take photos with flash then visualise it tapping on the little square, then going back to the camera mode, theres a bit of the flash that pops up, wonder why.

when I'm in 3G cover and I'm sure of that, the icon on the bar says G, is this normal ?

is there any way to install the same stock froyo lockscreen, the one with unlock and volume ?

I got less RAM than in froyo though. now I have to see how the battery lasts with this rom.

waiting impatiently for the new beta.

EDIT: Batterys was Horrible with me ! it was around 70% before I slept, i woke up 8hours later (no sync) seing 65 % and 5 minutes later it says Plug charger RED BAR. I calibrated the battery when it was 100% with batery calibration app.

Edited by chinaa

Guest sun545

Hi,

really great rom!

It's all ok for me (622 GB) and the battery drain is good as the fr 19

I have only the GPS issue (I'm from Italy).

Running GPS test I see 2 or 3 satellites and I don't have the fix.

I changed to the nokia server in the hidden menu, but stil not working

With fr19 was all ok...

Guest salisbury_steak

Well, just tried the new bake first FR19 622 baseband and then with GB 622 baseband and still: Sound will stop after a few minutes during setting up the phone. No musicplayer, no incoming calls sound, no keyboard sound - just dumb.

That only happens to me if my internal/external sd card is unmounted from the phone (Like for example, when I'm on file transfer mode) and I receive an incoming call or text. It does not happen at any other scenario.

Guest abwyatt

when I'm in 3G cover and I'm sure of that, the icon on the bar says G, is this normal ?

I had reported this issue earlier (post #290). You are the first to confirm that there is something amiss with the data network icons or network mode identification.

Any chance of having a look at this Paul?

Guest abwyatt

No problem with sounds here.

Guest abwyatt

i'll post afterwards..

You might need to do what some of us need to do, Just turn the 'Data enabled' setting off then on again a few times in settings/wireless&networkSettings/Mobile networks. This seems to get data to flow again.

Yes, I am seeing the same problem here. But it is not restricted to just the mobile network. The issue is also in the WiFi. It happens on negotiation and it sometimes fails to open the data connection on mobile and WiFi. Seems a little flaky. As Stevvie says, disconnecting the mobile data and then reconnecting will usually get it going again. Same on the WiFi.

I say flaky because usually the connection goes through ok, but for no apparent reason, sometimes it does not. Once the data is flowing, there are no disconnects.

Just installed the pre-bake. May I know how do I get it rooted? SuperOneClick doesn't seem to work.

Edit: Was told Gr1 comes pre-rooted and indeed it is. :rolleyes:

Edited by akyp

Guest Cyrillus

Yes, I am seeing the same problem here. But it is not restricted to just the mobile network. The issue is also in the WiFi. It happens on negotiation and it sometimes fails to open the data connection on mobile and WiFi. Seems a little flaky. As Stevvie says, disconnecting the mobile data and then reconnecting will usually get it going again. Same on the WiFi.

I say flaky because usually the connection goes through ok, but for no apparent reason, sometimes it does not. Once the data is flowing, there are no disconnects.

thanks for the guides, i'll try it later and i'll post how it goes :D

Guest AnonymousPengiun

I would recommend people dont charge using powered plugs, I have charged via USB for weeks not had a single shut off, soon as I think its ok and buy a new charger.. shutdown 3 times in an hour.

Have you tried turning on Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake - if I leave the display on while the phone is charging it won't crash. My phone won't crash in any other scenario, with that option on it's perfect.

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen

I finally gave in and installed this yesterday. The first thing I noticed was that the GPS would never get a fix, so I upgraded the radio to the gingerbread version, and that seemed to help. The next thing I noticed was that the phone is simply shut down several times during the day. My thinking is that this might be caused by battery reporting problems, so I have fully charged the battery and calibrated it. Let's see how that works out. My final problem is that it seems to have problems with connectivity. Sometimes it is connected to WiFi, but the icon never turns green, and my phone cannot access the network, even though it did it one hour earlier. The connection simply breaks on the phone for no reason. The same goes for moving out of WiFi coverage, it does not consistently turn mobile data on. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Have attached my log file if anyone cares to look.

Edit: I forgot to reload the forum so I didn't notice the previous posts on the same subject :-P

log.txt

Edited by Frank Sem-Jacobsen

Guest platoonSLO

sadly i have big problem with WIFI. Usually it connect to my router but signal strenght bar shows me that signal strenght is 0 ++ sometimes wifi connects but then instantly disconnects.

I installed BB622 for GB.

Guest abwyatt

I finally gave in and installed this yesterday. The first thing I noticed was that the GPS would never get a fix, so I upgraded the radio to the gingerbread version, and that seemed to help. The next thing I noticed was that the phone is simply shut down several times during the day. My thinking is that this might be caused by battery reporting problems, so I have fully charged the battery and calibrated it. Let's see how that works out. My final problem is that it seems to have problems with connectivity. Sometimes it is connected to WiFi, but the icon never turns green, and my phone cannot access the network, even though it did it one hour earlier. The connection simply breaks on the phone for no reason. The same goes for moving out of WiFi coverage, it does not consistently turn mobile data on. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Have attached my log file if anyone cares to look.

Edit: I forgot to reload the forum so I didn't notice the previous posts on the same subject :-P

Thanks for the report on the data connectivity issue. Seems that there is a problem in the ROM with this, with more users reporting it. Try turning the WiFi off and then on again. It works for me. Same goes for the mobile data connection. I am wondering if it could also be related to the problem I reported earlier about the incorrect taskbar network icons being displayed for 3G and 2G connections.

Hopefully, Paul can have a look at the problem. :rolleyes:

Edited by abwyatt

Guest CopEater
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

how long it takes?

i wait here for 10 mins on a black screen

Guest pearpear

clock and weather widget is only visible for lg stock luncher?

i cannot find this from the widget list in v2.3 luncher and other 3rd party lunchers

clock and weather widget is only visible for lg stock luncher?

i cannot find this from the widget list in v2.3 luncher and other 3rd party lunchers

Yes, i want to use lg widget on launcher pro but i can't find it.

LG Widget only work on 2.3.4 Lg launcher now.

Guest kickasskev

how long it takes?

i wait here for 10 mins on a black screen

did you do a full wipe and check you have the correct ext 3-4

Guest wc326

How come flash video no sound. video force close. music player force close. after flashing it twice. from fr19. is this a known issue. or i hav e dobe something wrong