20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sun545

I finally gave in and installed this yesterday. The first thing I noticed was that the GPS would never get a fix, so I upgraded the radio to the gingerbread version, and that seemed to help.

For me upgrading baseband to 622 gingerbread didn't help....

The GPS find just 1 or 2 satellites and never fix.

Going back to the fr19 the fix is immediate.

(I tried also to change the servers in the hidden menu..nothing..)

I'm vary sad because I have all the other things working very good, could be an every day rom, but I use often maps and gps apps...

Someone can help me..?

Edited by sun545

Guest achim w.

That only happens to me if my internal/external sd card is unmounted from the phone (Like for example, when I'm on file transfer mode) and I receive an incoming call or text. It does not happen at any other scenario.

Couldn't have been the reason in my case. Because all the songs I got on my device are stored on my _ExternalSD card and these were found alright by the musicplayer. Must be some other reason for the dumbness of my phone.

Guest achim w.

Sorry post was sent twice - apparently I pressed the Send button one time too often :(

Whoever is able to delete this post: please feel free to do it.

That only happens to me if my internal/external sd card is unmounted from the phone (Like for example, when I'm on file transfer mode) and I receive an incoming call or text. It does not happen at any other scenario.

Couldn't have been the reason in my case. Because all the songs I got on my device are stored on my _ExternalSD card and these were found alright by the musicplayer. Must be some other reason for the dumbness of my phone.

Edited by achim w.

For me upgrading baseband to 622 gingerbread didn't help....

The GPS find just 1 or 2 satellites and never fix.

Going back to the fr19 the fix is immediate.

(I tried also to change the servers in the hidden menu..nothing..)

I'm vary sad because I have all the other things working very good, could be an every day rom, but I use often maps and gps apps...

Someone can help me..?

I had to enable 'SULP auto provisioning' in the hidden menu to get a fast fix. Give it a try.

Guest achim w.

Sometime, the phone will lost sound even playing music. I have to reboot the phone and get back the sound. Anyone have this problem?

Sounds like the same issues I got with GR1. I'm glad that I'm not the only one on this planet ;-)

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen

GPS worked consistently well for me, but I had to give up and switch back because of the unreliable data connection. Sometimes I even had to reboot to get mobile data working again.

On the positive side, wiping battery stat seemed to fix the shutdown problem :-)

Guest sun545

I had to enable 'SULP auto provisioning' in the hidden menu to get a fast fix. Give it a try.

Yes...I activated and changed between google server and add nokia server...didn't work...

Guest Stevvie

Yes...I activated and changed between google server and add nokia server...didn't work...

I've tried everything from enabling 'SULP auto provisioning' to using my edited gps.conf file from 2.2. I have NEVER been able to get a GPS fix on this 2.3. no problems at all on 2.2 or CM.

I've tried everything from enabling 'SULP auto provisioning' to using my edited gps.conf file from 2.2. I have NEVER been able to get a GPS fix on this 2.3. no problems at all on 2.2 or CM.

Has the sound quality of calls been improved on gingerbread or is it still s***?

Edited by Lox-

Guest Stevvie

Has the sound quality of calls been improved on gingerbread or is it still s***?

I've never had a problem with sound quality, And I'm partially deaf so would notice before most. It's on par with the sound quality of my older phones SonyEriccson K800i and Nokia N96. But I have heard that many people have problems and it changes with different baseband version. I'm using BaseBand 622.

Guest nikjensie

Paul,

is the Kitchen not available for AdFree members...? I've tried checking http://www.modaco.com and I'm

logged in there as well but no Bake-button... tried on a computer I've never been using before so it

shouldn't be a cookie issue...

//Nik

Guest zippyioa

Paul,

is the Kitchen not available for AdFree members...? I've tried checking http://www.modaco.com and I'm

logged in there as well but no Bake-button... tried on a computer I've never been using before so it

shouldn't be a cookie issue...

//Nik

I'm also add free and its definitely there for me on this thread in page one!

Have you tried signing out and back in again?

If that doesn't work, clear your cookies and try again - although as you mentioned that may not fix it... :)

Another possibility is that your address membership expired? Check it in your members area.

Hope that helps

zippyioa

Guest milindchitale

Paul,

Your' the Man-God!!!

The GR1 prebake works well and I dont seem to have major issues.

The only visible side-effect is a sometimes slow response. Using the Taskkiller app I noticed free memory is much lower than when I was using the FR series, it has dropped to 200 MB for GR1 from around 250MB in the FR upto FR19. Would that be a reason?

But the quadrant score without any OC/UV is still at a strong 2400!

I wish I also was a software wiz like you. I plan to come around for a donate soon!

Milind

Guest DeMar

Installed and testing right now.

First of all:

Why do we have two launchers ? Which one ist ther original one from GB ?

There is no GB keyboard :S

LG Home freezes ??

Free memory about 120mb ? Can't it be improved.

Guest Peterfdevries

Hi Paul,

Just like a lot of other people in this topic I must say, that you did a great job already on this GB-leak. It works much smoother, gets better scores on smartbench (for whatever that's worth ;))

Sometimes it has some forced errors, wich makes a program shutdown. But nog big issues.

The only problem I have seen so far is the battery life. It looks great, long lasting etcetera. But it seems that sometimes it has mysterious battery drains, and/or the battery stats aren't working fine.

On my attachment you'll see what I mean. My battery was only half full when I went to sleep. This morning I almost overslept because my phone was off. When I'd put it on it said the battery was empty, but... the phone started up and I was able to use it!

Also battery related is that the program 'onscreen phone' was using an incredible amount of my battery. And I hadn't even plugged it in. Since I don't use it anyway I changed the name of that program so it couldn't be used. That solved that.

Again, your work on this is great, the only problem for me is this batteryproblem what makes it unusable for me at this time.

When this fixed I will try it again.

Thank you for your great work and the efforts!

PS. forgot to tell, I've reset the battery stats multiple times after fully charging the phone

post-727307-0-01072400-1311583461_thumb.

Edited by Peterfdevries

Guest sun545

We are unlucky....

I don't know how is possible with the same device, baseband and rom of other users

Edited by sun545

Guest Peterfdevries

Today, only a few minutes ago I check the LG-updater if there was an update available. The LG-updates noticed that I was running the gingerbreadleak (V20A) and said there was an update available! The only problem is that I can't download it because I'm running this leak. (isn't compatible with the updater) Anyone else who can download it??

Guest XtremeCoolz

Hi, my problem is something about the wifi and data usage.

If i turn off both wifi and data, I will get permanent lost of internet access. Wifi cant get connected, 3G would never transfer data.

Edit : using 622 baseband for GB.

Edited by XtremeCoolz

Guest zippyioa

Today, only a few minutes ago I check the LG-updater if there was an update available. The LG-updates noticed that I was running the gingerbreadleak (V20A) and said there was an update available! The only problem is that I can't download it because I'm running this leak. (isn't compatible with the updater) Anyone else who can download it??

Well, I did the same as you , but didnt see a version number. Unfortunately it took my perfectly working phone with FR19 and put LGs 2.2.2 on it - complete with lag :(

I am using the clean slate to get a decent ROM again - root, Clockwork Mod and GR1 - I bet Paul uploads a new version within minutes of me getting it all setup again :)

Guest Valmar

Dear All,

first of all thanks to Paul for his great work. I became a Premium user during the weekend and I am super happy that I did.

I have several problems with this rom that I do not see reported here.

1) The camera just won't start. If I click on the icon the screen becomes black and after several seconds I get a Force Close.

2) Sometimes when the Wi-Fi is off, it turn on by itself and tries to connect. I notice because I see the 'Network Available' message in the notiication bar. I turn the WiFi off and after a while this starts again

Am I doing something wrong? I came from Fr19 which ran perfectly. I did a full wipe (data/cache/dalvik cache) then I installed the zip. I am not doing any Titanium restore. I tried with both Froyo and Gingerbread 622 baseband.

Have you any advice for me?

Valerio

Guest DeMar

Installed and testing right now.

First of all:

Why do we have two launchers ? Which one ist ther original one from GB ?

There is no GB keyboard :S

LG Home freezes ??

Free memory about 120mb ? Can't it be improved.

Additional to this I found more stuff that is not working.

1. When I want to turn off phone and go to switch it just restart it

2. There is no vibration when i am typing or playing with the phone. Everything is setup correctly

Btw nice rom smile.gif