20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wc326

Have you disabled data under mobile network settings? That's what resulted in a similar bug for me.

yea it has been disabled from the start.

so do i have enable it?

Guest Stevvie

yea it has been disabled from the start.

so do i have enable it?

Yes strangely enable data in mobile has to be enabled so that you can download from the market using WiFi as well. You can browse the market with data enabled OFF but it must be ON to actually download from the market.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest kickasskev

I have had bad experience with wifi, 3g/g,no E or H, also very poor sigal on phone with calls using the new 622 gb, also have poor sigal with the wifi at home when normallys it's good.

This is with Gr2 but not the new kernel, the Gr1 seemed to be fine with signal

Also APN on/off widget from the market doesn't seem to work

Also I get a reboot when trying to turn on mass storage

Other than that It's great :D good enough for my needs

Edited by kickasskev

Guest achim w.

Too bad - I had to go back to FR19. The videoplayer was force closing on me again. When I started to watch a movie (*.avi in HD) I heard the sound but saw no picture and when I tried to close the player it force closed. And after that all the sound was gone as well (no ringtone, no music no nothing). And this happened even when I rebooted (what I did quite often yesterday mad.gif)

I'm really sad - I already got used to GB. It's so fast and smooth. I really do hope this issue gets fixed soonblink.gif.

Addition: Could it be that it has something to with my external SD card (it's a 32 GB one). Sometimes the sound issue started when the phone was ready with reading the card content.

Edited by achim w.

Guest orlox

do i need to revert to ext3 with the r20 kernel?

edit1: ill try it anyway writting system now at ext4 :P

wdit2 black screen :)

Edited by orlox

Guest CyranoB

I have been a day and a half on GR2/BB605, the audio quality during calls is really catastrophic compared to to FR19/BB405. Not sure if I should blame baseband or GR2.

Guest zippyioa

I have been a day and a half on GR2/BB605, the audio quality during calls is really catastrophic compared to to FR19/BB405. Not sure if I should blame baseband or GR2.

People I am speaking to have commented on poor quality sound since I made the switch from FR to GR. Never had them mention it before, and they are not aware of my ROM fetish, so their comments are unprompted.

People I am speaking to have commented on poor quality sound since I made the switch from FR to GR. Never had them mention it before, and they are not aware of my ROM fetish, so their comments are unprompted.

I have to the poor sound quality too with a restriction. I found out the quality for the caller is very good independent on the rom. But people who have been called complained about noise and distortions using GR. I tested several BB with GR, but I found no solution. So I am back on FR 19. I hope someone find a solution.

Guest CyranoB

I have to the poor sound quality too with a restriction. I found out the quality for the caller is very good independent on the rom. But people who have been called complained about noise and distortions using GR. I tested several BB with GR, but I found no solution. So I am back on FR 19. I hope someone find a solution.

Same here. Back on FR19 (kept BB 622). Problem seems solved.

Guest AnonymousPengiun

I've identified a slight bug with the theme - after a call the gingerbread black status bar changes to the default LG background, so that it then has a gradient.

Guest torbjorne

Same here. Back on FR19 (kept BB 622). Problem seems solved.

Same for me as well. The problem also occurs with CM7.

Does anyone know why? (Love FR19 btw)

Guest orlox
Anyone can suply or tell me how to install lg calender and radio widgets?

I took em from a cooked rom and when i try to install them it tells me if i want to replace a system app. Do it or dont i still dont get those appear to widget list. Whats wrong?

Guest CyranoB

I also had a problem with Wifi (couldn't detect any of my networks at home). Didn't have the problem with CM7 and FR19 with BB622.

FR19 so far the most feature complete and stable. I just miss GB...

Guest torbjorne
I also had a problem with Wifi (couldn't detect any of my networks at home). Didn't have the problem with CM7 and FR19 with BB622.

Yeah, it was ever more odd for me.

Found a lot of wifi networks in the building but not my own with Gr1.

Went back to fr19 and it was there again.

Guest Peterfdevries

how do I get the ext4 format, and how do I check what current version I just use

You can't at the moment. Checking on wich version you're I believe is written somewhere on this forum :)

Yeah, it was ever more odd for me.

Found a lot of wifi networks in the building but not my own with Gr1.

Went back to fr19 and it was there again.

I faced this issue too..

In the end, i found out that you'll have to check the "Data enabled" in Mobile network settings.

I checked that and the WiFi worked.

Odd. =S

Guest Fredisco

Same here, I did a lot of testing here with GR1 and GR2. I called myself on the landline and compared the levels. If I had the o2x like you normally have it against the ear the sound was distorted on the other end and the microphone picked up all kinds of noise from the background. If I held the phone at an arms length distance the audio levels were ok with the GR1 and GR2. I did several tests with other matched BB+RIL's but it was more or less the same. Changing back to FR10 the audio quality was much improved, if I had the o2x against the ear it sounded very good in the other end. It didn't pick up background noise. And if I had the o2x at an arms length you almost couldn't hear what I was saying. Just as I wanted it.

..I have experienced exactly the same with the other GB releases.

Guest orlox

So my problem was this too

How to enable LG widgets if I am using alternative launcher?

Anyone has any idea? LG calender and radio where my top widgets ^^

So far everything is great.

Call quality is great.

GPS is fair

Performance is exelent.

Problems so far

I got 1 reboot when i mount to pc

Too much time to boot but it boots and then everything goes gr8

LG widgets wont work

Edited by orlox

Guest frantic777

The same for me, can't connect my home wifi...

Guest Artemon

I'm using GR2 with the r20 kernel since saturday.

Here are my experiences:

Using the phone is very smooth and fast. It is a much better feeling, than in Froyo. I'm happy with that

The battery is very good, spare parts battery information: 24h 40 minutes since turning on, and i am on 70%.

(Spare parts Battery history force closes, i can not see it)

I don't have wi-fi or bt problem at all.

GPS lock time is about 15-20 seconds. (It was 5 seconds in Froyo, with the same nokia supl server tweak)

But when the GPS locked, it is stable.

I have some strange issue with the touch screen. Sometimes when I touch it, it doesn't recognize that, I have to do it again. But it happens only when I stepping between the home screens. It never happens when I'm playing a game, or using any app.

Another small problem is when I pick up a new Contact and I choose my google account as the type of the Contact, the new contact goes to the OTHER contacts group, and the phone not shows it in the phonebook, until i copy it manually from the "other" group to the Contacts group, on my PC entered to my google account. Maybe it is my fault, i don't know, but I never had an issue like that before.

Anyway...I like it very much, and I keep it. I don't want to go back to Froyo. I'm happy with that.

Thank you very much Paul!

Edited by Artemon

Guest Shadman2011

how do I get the ext4 format, and how do I check what current version I just use

Get terminal emulator from the market and once youve opened it type mount and press return. It will tell you in there whether it is EXT3 or EXT4