20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest morckx
can somebody give me an overall summary from this rom? how is the batterielife, speed etc? How does it feel compared to cm7?

im sry to ask such a question, but its to much to read 30 pages...

thx in advance

I have not tried cm7 since Gr1 is out :) I think concerning speed and battery it's comparable to Cm7. In addition, for me it's almost as stable as Fr19 and with working radio, a2dp and (with custom kernel) probably openvpn (not tried yet) feature complete.

There are some minor issues with the display of the data connection type, with the display of battery capacity, video camera zoom and touch screen. But I can live very well with them. I only hope Paul will not be to busy with the Sgs2 and will continue his great work with the O2X...

M.

Edited by morckx

Guest chokesmaster

Best rom so far on my O2X!!! The only thing that is bugging me is the network icon is showing that i am roaming :/ but i'm not!

Also the haptic feedback on the keyboard doesn't seem to work for me... It work ok for the buttons though....

Guest kickasskev

Any sign of paul anywhere???

Wonder if he knows anything about this other 2.3.4 leak thats out, and is it really only a few weeks a way from release????

Guest BrumBrum74

Any sign of paul anywhere???

Wonder if he knows anything about this other 2.3.4 leak thats out, and is it really only a few weeks a way from release????

What other 2.3.4 leak? Link?

Apparently there is a 20B leak, i'll ask my source about it!

I have a fix for the BBA issue with this ROM that'll i'll roll in today with a few other fixes and.... a Gr2 prebake! ;)

P

Guest Marsou77

Good news - my source is uploading V20B - hopefully before I go away for a week on Friday! :)

P

Nice Nice Nice ! :D

Thank you Paul for your awesome works! :)

Guest chokesmaster

Good news - my source is uploading V20B - hopefully before I go away for a week on Friday! :)

P

Awesome! Is there any changelog you can share with us?

Guest Jay_Snake

According to RC (developer of CM7) there's even a V20C. This is wat he posted on XDA: "Not really. v20b is outdated, I was playing with v20c a week ago."

Guest ethansp

According to RC (developer of CM7) there's even a V20C. This is wat he posted on XDA: "Not really. v20b is outdated, I was playing with v20c a week ago."

Even with that, can't make work the bluetooth a2dp and such more on the cm7 nightlies.... I've returned to stock rom by this, a2dp it's important for me, the first i test in every rom. And noone based on gingerbread work the a2dp...

Edited by ethansp

Guest Stevvie

Even with that, can't make work the bluetooth a2dp and such more on the cm7 nightlies.... I've returned to stock rom by this, a2dp it's important for me, the first i test in every rom. And noone based on gingerbread work the a2dp...

My a2dp works on this gr2rom as I use it on a daily basis.

Does this require the SIM toolkit if I have SIM PIN lock on?

I ask because on initial boot it doesn't ask for the PIN and subsequently, I don't get cell connection.....:rolleyes:

Guest ethansp

My a2dp works on this gr2rom as I use it on a daily basis.

Yeah, it's right, i tried it today and it's working. Maybe i tried it before without full wipe.

Does this require the SIM toolkit if I have SIM PIN lock on?

I ask because on initial boot it doesn't ask for the PIN and subsequently, I don't get cell connection.....:rolleyes:

OK, I restored my previous ROM, turned off SIM lock and re-wiped and re-installed Gr2 and now I don't get cell connection at all but the settings tell me the SIM lock is still on.

Could this be an incompatible baseband issue cos I'm using the 725BB with accompanying RIL?

Guest morckx

OK, I restored my previous ROM, turned off SIM lock and re-wiped and re-installed Gr2 and now I don't get cell connection at all but the settings tell me the SIM lock is still on.

Could this be an incompatible baseband issue cos I'm using the 725BB with accompanying RIL?

The baseband is OK, but you should use the 622 Gingerbread leak RIL. I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

M.