20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tonydl

According to RC (developer of CM7) there's even a V20C. This is wat he posted on XDA: "Not really. v20b is outdated, I was playing with v20c a week ago."

Link?

And who knows - LGs versioning was always strange - 20b could be the same version as 20c - but one for vodafone and one for all other devices.

Guest Willimaese

no... i think Paul is working on the Galaxy SII these days... i hope he will finish the gingerbread rom for de 2x some day. PAul we miss you!

I have Simple but important question!

Where the hell is simcard fix? That seems to be the most important issue because it's not nice restart phone every morning to make call or receive calls/sms.

And this is common problem what i have heard from now.

My O2X is worth for MP4 HQ player with Wifi! I haven't discovered how long i do have to wait untill Simcard drops from run but it seems that over 6h standby would do it :(

Fixing with reboot or Airplane mode switch but still phone need to work like it should work right!

Does anyone else have this issue?

Sorry my poor english

Thanks!

Gingerbread video preview by LG Italy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_TaU9eY6o

Half of this video made about scrolling... How cool is that? Does it fix my Simcard problem or reboot problem or FC/Freeze problems?

"But hey look at my Scrolling speed... it's awesome, nothing else won't work tho..."

Thanks for video share anyway :)

Edited by Guest

Guest wizard83

Half of this video made about scrolling... How cool is that? Does it fix my Simcard problem or reboot problem or FC/Freeze problems?

"But hey look at my Scrolling speed... it's awesome, nothing else won't work tho..."

Thanks for video share anyway

Do you still have reboot/freeze problems with the latest froyo official update?

Just thought i'd post an update.

As you may know from posts here, my Gingerbread ROM is based on V20A. V20B and indeed V20C seem to be 'out there', as well as a V21E for which the kernel source code has just been released. I have contacted my contact to request the latest version, which he is going to upload for me.

Unfortunately (for those wanting a ROM) or fortunately (for me needing a holiday), I am going away today and will be back on 30th August. This means no ROM updates until then i'm afraid.

BUT...

When I return, the 2X ROM will be the first to get updated. I plan to release a final 'Fr20' Froyo ROM (with the latest changes / updates) and a new 'Gr3' Gingerbread ROM as my first releases after getting back. I know some people have noted I also have a MCR for Galaxy S II now... this is true, but I am still supporting the 2X at this time and it will be updated first when I get back! :)

Thanks for you ongoing support... :)

P

Do you still have reboot/freeze problems with the latest froyo official update?

Freeze problems yes but never had reboot problems... and my comment wasn't all about my problems..

I was asking about everyone problems.

But still that video waste so much time for scrolling pages up and down instead it should show how different "critical" apps or so will work and leave that scrolling away.

Ofcourse discovering those main issues take time but then he should've been tested it like 1day and then post video with text info and tell there if phone stil have those issues.

But anyway Wiz83 thx for post.

Guest jambezuk

As you may know from posts here, my Gingerbread ROM is...

Thanks for the update! I'll stop hitting refresh every couple of hours now :P Have a good holiday.

It is us that thank you, Paul!

However, remember to save some energy for when V20C is finally released in the middle for September :-) We all want a optimized MCR version of that! :D

Have a good holiday ;)

Guest Willimaese

As you may know from posts here, my Gingerbread ROM is based on V20A. V20B and indeed V20C seem to be 'out there', as well as a V21E for which the kernel source code has just been released. I have contacted my contact to request the latest version, which he is going to upload for me.

Unfortunately (for those wanting a ROM) or fortunately (for me needing a holiday), I am going away today and will be back on 30th August. This means no ROM updates until then i'm afraid.

BUT...

When I return, the 2X ROM will be the first to get updated. I plan to release a final 'Fr20' Froyo ROM (with the latest changes / updates) and a new 'Gr3' Gingerbread ROM as my first releases after getting back. I know some people have noted I also have a MCR for Galaxy S II now... this is true, but I am still supporting the 2X at this time and it will be updated first when I get back! :)

P

Thanks a lot Paul! Have a great hollidays !

Guest Willimaese

BUT...

P

Thanks a lot Paul! Have a great hollidays !

Guest thamerkh

Hi paul .. I wanna say thanks for this great rom ! it's been working perfectly !

Now my problem is with arabic support .. sadly , this rom like stock rom does not support arabic reading

as somebody posted earlier that 'madmack' method is not working and its giving me boot loops (here ps : scroll down the page, steps are listed in english)

this appears to be working on galaxy s and sII phones .. but sadly not on gr1 ! I have a stock 10A froyo rom with arabic support and i can pull any file requrired !

Please help ! I will be happy to join the add-free group if arabic is supported !

And happy holidays ! :D

Edited by thamerkh

Guest morckx

Thanks for the update! Gr2 already leaves not too many wishes unfulfilled...

Happy holidays for you (and everybody elses F5 keys)!

M.

Guest JustChillin21

If A2DP is the ability to stream your music to your bluetooth enabled devices, then it works with me too... The FM radio works too... GPS works as well Is CM still having this problem as well or not.

Thanks Paul, this I feel like i have a new phone now...

Guest Peterfdevries

Hi Paul,

At first, have a nice holliday, you've earned every piece of it, for all the work and being a respectfull man to keep us up to date.

Before you go I have only one question, is it possible to make a prebake of the GR2 for testing purpose?

Cu next month! ;)