20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chokesmaster

where is this update? Did I missed something?

There is no GR2 prebacked, or...?

tnx

Seriously can't you read other pages than the last page of this thread? Give him a break!!!

Guest Anil k Solanki

where is this update? Did I missed something?

There is no GR2 prebacked, or...?

tnx

Hi, Paul is away on holiday until the end of the month. In his last post in this thread he stated that the Optimus 2X will be first on his list for a new ROM release. So you will have to be patient and wait until then.

I hope this helps. Anil.

As you may know from posts here, my Gingerbread ROM is based on V20A. V20B and indeed V20C seem to be 'out there', as well as a V21E for which the kernel source code has just been released. I have contacted my contact to request the latest version, which he is going to upload for me.

Unfortunately (for those wanting a ROM) or fortunately (for me needing a holiday), I am going away today and will be back on 30th August. This means no ROM updates until then i'm afraid.

BUT...

When I return, the 2X ROM will be the first to get updated. I plan to release a final 'Fr20' Froyo ROM (with the latest changes / updates) and a new 'Gr3' Gingerbread ROM as my first releases after getting back. I know some people have noted I also have a MCR for Galaxy S II now... this is true, but I am still supporting the 2X at this time and it will be updated first when I get back! :)

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest zippyioa

To answer questions above, Paul posted the following on his twitter account on Friday:

"My weapons of choice for this holiday - Galaxy S II, Evo 3D and Macbook Air. Torn on whether to pack the Xoom or not!"

He also replied to a question about leadtime on a Desire Z GB ROM saying:

"As soon as i'm back from hols, ~10 days!"

Basically, Paul is on holiday until the end of August, so please can everyone wait until at least then before they post here chasing the next MCR releases? :)

Guest Anil k Solanki

"My weapons of choice for this holiday - Galaxy S II, Evo 3D and Macbook Air. Torn on whether to pack the Xoom or not!"

That's a lot of hardware. Shame you only have 2 hands. If you had 8 hands, you could use all 4 at the same time. :D Just poking gentle fun, no offense intended.

Anil.

Guest Stevvie

Is there a link to the OLD market ?

With the new one, as soon as I change my LCD density I can no longer donliad loads of programs including Bluetooth file transfer Ans es explorer. With the old market I could install these after changing my LCD density.

Guest Squide

Really hoped there will be a better MKV support for Gingerbread ~ :)

Got some bugs in the following area..

1. Display Setting sometimes force close when bake without the OnScreenPhone Option.

2. Bluetooth playback sometimes interrupted by launching of other apps.. which Fr19 never experience so easily..

3. SpareParts Force Close when viewing the Battery History..

4. The 0725 RIL seems not working properly on Gr2..

Keep trying to address the bugs now...

Edited by Squide

Guest kickasskev

Over on XDA there are a few people talking about the Official release coming out on the 15th Sept (2 Weeks), just waiting for the roll out date, wonder if Paul can get his hands on it a week early, when he gets back off his Jolly Hollys

Guest kinnik

As always a great job,Paul. Thanks so much!

That's my experience with Gr2:

- Some problems with ril 725 (seems not working properly)

- Reactivating phone after put it in airplane mode, if i activate gps and try to use it with an app like maps or navigator the phone crashes (it reboots itself).

Hope it helps.

Thanks again for your work! :)

Edited by kinnik

Guest Anil K Solanki

At xdas there is already a rom based on the official v20c release.works fine.im using it right now . ;)

Hi Harryweste, any chance of a weblink? Not being lazy just über secure I use the same ROM as you.

Anil.