20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ethansp

V21b for Canada LGP990HN has been released and works on P990 according to one user on XDA. 0823 baseband included. Link below. Weirdly however it is Froyo.

http://csmg.lgmobile..._00/V21B_00.kdz

XDA Thread.

Look the screenshoot of the guy. It says "android version: 2.2.2", then, it's not gb. It should be another developing line by the lg version numerating "v21".

Guest Diskbox

Not really surprised it's Froyo.

Google will have released Jello, Key Lime Pie and be working on the next version before LG get Gingerbread out there for us to use! sad.gif

Guest Peterfdevries

Try the GB-version V20C from XDA. Must say, works pretty fine and some of the problems removed from GR1 are gone. Still waiting till Paul gives his magic to a newer version en makes it even better!

Guest abwyatt

Try the GB-version V20C from XDA. Must say, works pretty fine and some of the problems removed from GR1 are gone. Still waiting till Paul gives his magic to a newer version en makes it even better!

+1 on that :)

Agreed that many of the bugs that were in V20a (GR2) have been fixed. The V20a bugs include the following:

1. WiFi and Data needs to be toggled to get an internet connection after waking up the phone.

2. Data network icons showed incorrect network type (2G instead of 3G and vice versa)

3. Using the zoom while video recording would cause a FC/lock in the camera.

4. Gestures not working.

5. 3G video call camera image displayed horizontally.

6. 3G video call screen times out while in call.

7. Bluetooth remote voice call activation not working (this is not a bug, but lack of functionality in LG's bluetooth interface that should be there in all Froyo 2.2 and up phones. Just though I would throw this in in case any LG people are reading this ;)

It looks like LG have been at work because here are my test results for V20c.

1. Fixed

2. Fixed

3. Fixed

4. Fixed

5. Fixed

6. Fixed

7. Still not functioning. What a disappointment! It looks like we are going to be left high and dry on this one by LG - Samsung and HTC have long ago implemented this functionality with Froyo 2.2. If that is the final result, the message from LG will be clear, stay away from LG if you want full bluetooth functionality !! :angry:

Oh, and photos, while having reduced the haziness, is still quite poor. Still at 72 dpi. I was just comparing it with my brother-in-law's mid-range 8MP Nokia, the C7, and sigh :( The Nokia blows our LG away with its 300 dpi images. And my wife's Nokia N8? Well, lets not even compare! :lol: So the lesson here is, never let anyone compare your O2X 8MP with a Nokia, or probably most other brands. You will be totally embarrassed! :lol:

On the plus side, 1080 video have been upped to 24fps. The videos are a strong point of the O2X camera, even better than the Nokia N8 (well the N8 does not have 1080 so that is a bit unfair :P , though the Nokia still has better light handling capabilities.

Anyway, it looks like LG are almost there. So really looking forward to Paul's new release :)

Edited by abwyatt

I have encountered a strange GPS bug on the gingerbread ROMS, both Gr2 and the leaked one on XDA.

I cannot use Tasker to switch GPS on and off, and if I use Widgetsoid rather than the built in Power Control to toggle GPS , it just takes me to the settings screen rather than toggling. Does anyone know if this a general gingerbread thing and a bug in the apps, or is it something to do with the LG roms?

Guest Stevvie

Possible data loss

I've been on EXT4 for over a year now. Both on my O2X and zte blade and never lost data. Do you personally know of anybody who has lost any data on EXT4?

Guest SouNourS

I've been on EXT4 for over a year now. Both on my O2X and zte blade and never lost data. Do you personally know of anybody who has lost any data on EXT4?

You flash your ROM regularly, obviously this is a problem on the long term (according to some websites).

I hope one day there will be a perfect ROM for several years, so I don't need an "unstable" OS.

However this may be old and now, maybe it's not a problem? I don't know.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for all the work you made ​​for us for years.

I can not wait to test this new ROM you preparing for us.

Enjoy :D

Cyrille

P.S : Sorry for my bad English.

Guest frantic777

You flash your ROM regularly, obviously this is a problem on the long term (according to some websites).

I hope one day there will be a perfect ROM for several years, so I don't need an "unstable" OS.

I'm using EXT4 on my laptop over last few years (since times when it was marked as unstable in kernel) and never had any data loss or any kind of problems with it.

Guest Stevvie

Surely if anything EXT3 is worse for android devices as EXT3 requires extra reading/writting and thats got to be worse for this type of memory ?

It's only a 'worry' if you were to disable the journaling (or leave it on and put it in writeback mode), EXT4 is a nice safe filesystem, just like EXT3. Think SouNourS can rest easy about that.

Flash life is something like 100,000+ cycles, My SD card is about 4.5 years old now and still functioning fine.

Edited by Rusty!

Guest abwyatt

I'm using GR2 on EXT4 (with full wipe). Can anyone tell me what is NOT supposed to work? I'm finding it quite rapid and stable.

See Post #705, just 13 posts above yours ;)

Guest zippyioa

anyone here, who knows whats happen with paul?

Well on Monday 5th Paul posted this....

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

Just an update that i'm still waiting for my source to upload the latest ROMs - he's pretty busy but says he should be able to do so by the end of the week. I've asked him to confirm which are the latest versions so I can see if I can source them elsewhere. Doing my best!

P

As he states "by the end of the week" and we are only on Thursday, I am sure that nothing has happened to Paul, but he is still waiting for his source! Please have a bit of patience and stop asking what is happening, Paul has never let us down before and I doubt he will do on this occassion! :)