20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest CopEater

He hasn't stopped, he's waiting. Simple.

Anil.

he´s waiting for what? new sources are available. there are so many things he could do for us and we wainting for.

believe it or not... in my opinion there will be no new roms for p990 in the next future.

he´s waiting for what? new sources are available. there are so many things he could do for us and we wainting for.

believe it or not... in my opinion there will be no new roms for p990 in the next future.

care to share the link to the latest sources?

Guest CopEater

sorry, i have no link to new sources. i´ve only read this here.

Nothing to do with source code, kernel source has been out for a while now. in fact, i made a kernel from the sources.

Guest zippyioa

New sources are available, but are they the right sources? Paul has stated that his source will give the best ROM, I for one trust Paul on that and am happy to wait for him to add it (and comment about it) when he is ready to.

Sure, he is working on other devices too... but he is a true multitasker. I have followed his work for around 6 years, using around 10 different phones and my years of experience of Paul is that he never disappoints! Many of those complaining about no news, or updates have only recently registered and have very little experience to base their comments on... trust me, Paul will deliver the best he can WHEN he can!

Edited by zippyioa

lgs gingerbread update will arrive in a few days and maybe paul is waiting for lgs update, too. To give us a perfect rom that is based on lgs gingerbread rom?

Exactly. And tbh that`s what i`m hoping for!

Guest Retaured

I also hope it is in a few days... rumours start to say september-october. What take Lg soooo long for an update????

LG are just a bunch of slackers. This is why we need someone like paul who really cares about the quality of the rom's. Paul is the one who takes speed to a whole new level!

Lets all be patient!

Guest bunjiboys

While its easy to blame LG for this, they have already released the update in several locations judging by reports, and as they have stated in a lot of cases its actually the carriers that decide the actual time when an update is released on their network. So how about you start complaining to your carrier as well, say that you want the update now!

Guest Magmar100

I asked lg support and they told me that the gingerbread update will arrive this or next week!!!!

This week, please!!

Edited by Magmar100

Guest gideonrs

Dear, Paul.. :)

If could.. could you add 64MB Ram Hack option again? ;) (it's on your Fr18 advanced option)

note: I don't really care about 64MB Ram Hack bug on video recording (never use it), gallery (I use QuickPic).. :D ..

Thanks, Paul.. :D I use multitasking a lot (yes, a lot!), and shortage of RAM cause some app ended & have a slight lag when relaunched (ok.. it's not that lag, as this phone pretty fast.. but still.. :rolleyes: ..)

While its easy to blame LG for this, they have already released the update in several locations judging by reports, and as they have stated in a lot of cases its actually the carriers that decide the actual time when an update is released on their network. So how about you start complaining to your carrier as well, say that you want the update now!

I don't have a carrier, I have bought my phone without contract. Are you talking about the few Lg's leak? Because the official update seems not yet delivered anywhere in the world.

Guest nickdelf
I don't have a carrier, I have bought my phone without contract. Are you talking about the few Lg's leak? Because the official update seems not yet delivered anywhere in the world.

Nor, do I. Assume we get ours from the website - if it is ready and waiting, why is it not now available direct? Don't understand this dependence upon carriers?

Guest zippyioa

People who bought SIM free, (myself included) wouldn't rely on carriers.

You can instal some lg update software on a PC, then connect your O2X and it should advise that an update is available. Simply download and voila.

You can download the software here http://www.lg.com/in/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

I am not sure but I believe you need stock LG software on your phone in order for the updater to work.... You could always try it if you are running another ROM, if it doesn't work, restore the original LG ROM using Nvflash - available here

Failing that, use MCR custom roms from Mo

If this doesn't work, join the queue waiting fort the latest work from MoDaCo or XDA developers ;)

Edited by zippyioa

Guest Peterfdevries

I agree with the fact that we should not criticize Paul. Don't forget that he has helped us out (for free) with lot's of great ROM's. I can imagine that this makes Paul think "I'll teach them to be patient!'.

On the other hand, Paul promised us that he would get the update from his source. If the source has failed to do so, it would have been nice that he has informed us about that.

Let's just hope he does that very quick :)

Guest Anil K Solanki

People who bought SIM free, (myself included) wouldn't rely on carriers.

You can instal some lg update software on a PC, then connect your O2X and it should advise that an update is available. Simply download and voila.

You can download the software here http://www.lg.com/in...one-support.jsp

I am not sure but I believe you need stock LG software on your phone in order for the updater to work.... You could always try it if you are running another ROM, if it doesn't work, restore the original LG ROM using Nvflash - available here

Failing that, use MCR custom roms from Mo http://android.modac...66062-15032011/

If this doesn't work, join the queue waiting fort the latest work from MoDaCo or XDA developers ;)

Another option available to O2X users is, Cyanogen. Apparently Bluetooth audio, and the radio don't work, otherwise it's s*** off a stick fast. I'm using nightly build N127, it's rock solid stable and feature packed. Touch key notification lights are built-in plus all the other goodies.

One interesting thing I have noticed is, how the speed of the launcher affects how fast apps, err, launch. Go Launcher, which is feature packed, is considerably slower than Launcher Pro at launching pps. I thought coming from a Blade that the stupid fast speed of the O2X would wade through any app. To an extent this is true, but I noticed the difference in the two Launchers.

Have fun. Anil.

Guest colhicks

I agree with the fact that we should not criticize Paul. Don't forget that he has helped us out (for free) with lot's of great ROM's. I can imagine that this makes Paul think "I'll teach them to be patient!'.

On the other hand, Paul promised us that he would get the update from his source. If the source has failed to do so, it would have been nice that he has informed us about that.

Let's just hope he does that very quick :)

I agree with you,

I am one of the patient ones ;)

But a sign of life would be very nice from Paul. I am waiting as all the others here for a new version of his great Modaco ROM for the O2X.

So, Paul, if you read this, and I hope you read it.

We are all very thankfull for you support, and we wait for your new O2X ROMs, so please give us a status update, and some kind of a time shedule.

Thanks

colhicks

Guest Brock Sampson

Installed this morning... Tried first without wiping (coming from Fr19) but com.android.phone crashed continuously, so I had to wipe (no biggie--Titanium Backup).

Running MCK r20 custom kernel, so far everything is working great (noticeably more peppy and seemingly faster too!).

Compare to Fr19, the battery life of Gr2 is much less !

as newer MCR is not ready yet...

so.. I'm giving the "stock mod by topogigi" over xda.. a try..

which is base on V20C GB... and told the battery life is good.

It's always good to have a plan B :)

just in case Paul would discontinue O2X on his list..

But anyway over on xda someone mentioned the big day is tomorrow :blink: Lets hope and see

i don't believe in it, until it happens!

just remember how LG lied to the customers with the release date of the phone.... why should they act now better?

Edited by Wovchik

Another option available to O2X users is, Cyanogen. Apparently Bluetooth audio, and the radio don't work, otherwise it's s*** off a stick fast. I'm using nightly build N127, it's rock solid stable and feature packed. Touch key notification lights are built-in plus all the other goodies.

I can second Anils remarks above. I've been using this now for just over a week and it's by far the best rom I've had yet. Very very stable and ridiculously fast! and before anyone says it's only fast until you use it and install a ton of apps, I've already got 5 pages of apps installed with live wallpaper and widgets etc.

Using BB 725 on Nightly 127.

Anil, which BB are you using?

Diskbox

Guest Anil K Solanki

I can second Anils remarks above. I've been using this now for just over a week and it's by far the best rom I've had yet. Very very stable and ridiculously fast! and before anyone says it's only fast until you use it and install a ton of apps, I've already got 5 pages of apps installed with live wallpaper and widgets etc.

Using BB 725 on Nightly 127.

Anil, which BB are you using?

Diskbox

Hi Diskbox, I'm using BB 1035.21.

Anil

Guest bhanvadia

Hi Diskbox, I'm using BB 1035.21.

Anil

Anil you are forgetting something... we refer bb on last three digits which are month and date, 725 is 25th july. Check your last three digits of your BB. Hope it helps.