20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Which patch are you referring to?

humm, I don't know,

but in Fr19, the sd scan was very speed in comparison with the Gr3

Also, no GTalk in Market on any device!

ok for gtalk apps, good to know ;)

Guest Madsen Felipe

What i have found:

- Definitly the H doesnt work here. I really want to know what causes that. Its just happens with gb stock builds. I never get H. Maybe framework related?

- New google talk doesnt show all the online friends, even with "Show All checked". I have compared them to the PC and 4 or 5 contacts missing online.

- Skype videocall (now supports o2x!) doesnt works on this build with Nexus S patch

- The lockscreen sliders should be like gingerbread stock, the actual from froyo (you already know that): http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1252265

- FC on First start wizard (i dont care about that)

- It's possible to make netflix works on optimus 2x?

Edited by Madsen Felipe

Any suggestion ? maybe there is a better kernel to try than others....

-can you add the neoblaze kernel ? (support ext4) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1200726

-can you add the overclock daemon ? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1222020

rom with neoblaze & overclock daemon http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1254359

-can you add the neoblaze kernel ? (support ext4) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1200726

-can you add the overclock daemon ? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1222020

rom with neoblaze & overclock daemon http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1254359

These probably don't belong in the ROM itself... the kernel is easy to flash and the daemon seems to be very specific depending on the kernel you use?

P

Is there any specific method to flash a new kernel?

I'm flashing gr3 with ext4 support, after that I make a wipe dalvik cache and after that I flash the new kernel (neoblaze kernel).

the phone gets in boot loop :(

Guest Madsen Felipe

Changelog

29 Sep 12:0

• Removed OmaDmClient (OTA update client) and patches Settings APK (gains a bunch of RAM!)
  • Updated boot animation to refreshed MoDaCo logo

That's great!

- About the "H" icon not appearing, can you check if it is some frequencie missing? Works normaly on froyo builds.

- It's possible to make Skype videocall works with this build? Now its compatible with optimus 2x

I'm flashing gr3 with ext4 support, after that I make a wipe dalvik cache and after that I flash the new kernel (neoblaze kernel).

Me to :-\

Strange.

You could go into recovery and do 'adb shell mount /system && adb shell mount /data && adb shell mount' and check they are now EXT4?

P

Any chance of getting rid of the persistent debug notification like you did in the Froyo ROMs?

Market is working better with the NEXUS spoofing, though I still can't find NOVA 2. I've never actually downloaded it, but the first time I went looking for it I couldn't find it (can't remember what ROM I was on at the time, I think it was Gr2), and the only ROM I can find it is the Fr19. I guess it's not a bug in the ROM, but the android market certainly works in mysterious ways! Here's hoping once there's a proper gingerbread release the market might come to it's senses.

Edit to add:

GPS really isn't working well on this ROM. It was amazingly fast and accurate and found loads of satellites on Fr19 so it's something I miss. I'll restore Fr19 now I'm on the gingerbread BB and test to see if it's a BB issue - nope, Fr19 is as good as ever with the gingerbread BB.

Re-Edited to add:

Well I restored Gr3 from my nandroid, and GPS is working perfectly now! 9 satellites seen and 8 in use, instead of just 2 earlier.

Edited by rmein

Guest Trym Hansen

[Regarding "ø" and "æ" on Scandinavian keybaords]

Strange, it's just the stock GB keyboard so not sure why that would happen!

P

The scandinavian keyboards are new to 20i, didn't exist before. Anyway, I can confirm this, so you can add it to "Known issues."

::Trym

Guest Dutchray

Strange.

You could go into recovery and do 'adb shell mount /system && adb shell mount /data && adb shell mount' and check they are now EXT4?

P

If I understand the Neoblaze topic in XDA correctly, the latest version 280911 - froyo & gingerbread (doesn't change mount)

should work on EXT3 and EXT4. So that shouldn't be the problem then I suppose.

P.S.

User "Ferrum Master" posted yesterday in the Neoblaze topic on XDA that he booted succesfully with Neoblaze and Paul's GR3.

Edited by Dutchray

Strange.

P

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)

proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /cache type ext3 (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=writeback)

/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard type vfat (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /system type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 on /data type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /cache type ext3 (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=writeback)
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard type vfat (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /system type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 on /data type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)[/code]

So it's converted correctly then...!

P

Guest René Klunder

This is included in the kitchen.

P

I was answering via TapaTalk when cjoenie's question seemed to be just posted.

Now on my PC I see how it really was.

thanks

I have tested, the option to enable videocall dont appear. I think thats related to Nexus S patch to market?

That's certainly possible if that's what it's using for verification... i'll look into it.

P