20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest crazy_elmo

Should be fixed now.

P

Cannot select the mck custom kernels in the kitchen anymore :(

Sorry, didn't read all the posts correct... ignore this ;)

Edited by crazy_elmo

Guest stuartrace

As a feature request, I'd like to see the widget grouping in the 'Add widget' selection screen - so that my Agenda Widget plugin size variations don't make the list huge to scroll through :)

One other feature I really like from CM7 is the gestures on the lockscreen - any chance of implementing that do you think Paul?

Guest bastiiorg

sdcard issue confirmed with the r23 kernels, i'll pull them temporarily while I investigate - also checking r22, could affect that too?

P

Hi Paul,

same problem with r22...

Guest Trym Hansen

As a feature request, I'd like to see the widget grouping in the 'Add widget' selection screen - so that my Agenda Widget plugin size variations don't make the list huge to scroll through :)

I disagree, as that's neither part of AOSP or or LG ROM. However, it's easy enough to do. Download appwidgetpicker from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780828

...and either include it in the rom (custom option) or flash it separately.

Guest stuartrace

I disagree, as that's neither part of AOSP or or LG ROM. However, it's easy enough to do. Download appwidgetpicker from here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=780828

...and either include it in the rom (custom option) or flash it separately.

Thanks for the link, so in that case I would like that as an option in the kitchen, in case anybody other than myself might like to include it too :P

Hi, I would like to know if is possible to include this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

It is an auto toggle of 2G/3G when the screen goes off. And can be controled with tasker.

Thanks

nice one!

i mean the times on the incoming messages. on old phones the messages you receive will be timestamped with when the sender sent them. on android, it only says the time the phone received the message.

for example. i switch my phone off at 8PM,

someone texts me at 9PM

i turn my phone on the next morning at 7AM.

The phone says message was received at 7AM. Should say 9PM the night before like all other phones in the world...

Have to point out this is an Android bug and not a modaco one!! I just wondered if it had been fixed in Gingerbread or not! (CM have it working but they probably hacked it to bits)

anyone had chance to look at this? just want to know before i bother flashing as it was a huge annoyance in froyo for me!

Guest Trym Hansen

There's something wrong with the "su" included in this rom. It stops giving root access to the apps after they have started x number of times.

Tried to get the default lock-screen back earlier by editing build.prop, couldn't save. Weird, I thought, but just removed ES File explorer from the "su" GUI and added it back. It worked, and I thought I may have been a fluke.

To check I started the three other apps I use which require root, Titanim Backup among them. They worked, so again I thought it must have been a fluke.

Now I started Titinium Backup to actually do something, and... It doesn't get root access. Again I have to start the GUI app for "su" and remove TB from the list before it'll work.

This can quickly become very annoying. I suggest reverting to the older version of "su" until a bugfix gets released.

(It displays the same behaviour on Topogigi as well, the other ROM I know of which includes this version.)

Without any MoDaCo Kernel and the last build I can't access to SD Card neither, so looks like isn't from custom kernel

Thanks that saved me the trouble of reloading another rom

edit: Its as smooth as silk, re-downloaded some needed apps, and having a play with my new phone smile.gif - thanks Paul

Edited by g6hoq

Amazing work Paul :)

You have made this phone so good ! I have been using a lot of your Fr releases and I'm a very happy user.

Just signed up to MoDaCo Ad Free today and can't wait to bake Gr3 !

Thank you Paul for all your hard work :D

Edited by mattin

Guest vestelar

More info: When you flash with the "bad build" and you try to reflash with the "good one": the mobile stuck on LG logo. Wipe didn't fix the problem so I need to apply the "backtoEXT3" zip BUT I didn't use EXT4 option.