20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Madsen Felipe

Yeah, seems like it. Tried a full wipe to see if the issue remains? And what kind of download speeds are you getting?

I have that on all stock gingerbread builds. The download rate seems to be normal.

I think that que gingerbread stock builds comes with anything that blocks hsdpa access here.

Guest Brock Sampson

Great ROM so far--thanks! Just a couple of tiny bugs:

The icons in the status bar start out white at boot, and then switch to green after I lock/unlock. (I'm using the stock lock screen.) The kernel doesn't seem to matter. I have also noticed this problem periodically with the Topogigi V20e ROMs, but I haven't found a pattern yet.

Using the ext3 r23 kernel, selecting "Display" in the settings causes com.android.settings to force close.

I have not tried wiping/reflashing because these two bugs are less trouble than re-installing everything :) The ones below have persisted across ROMs/wipes/re-flashing:

ext4 has been a disaster for me; I get boot loops with any kernel, even after wiping and reformatting.

The external SD Card does not mount when the phone boots. If I remove/re-insert it after booting, it mounts and functions perfectly, and CWM recovery has no problems with it. (I have had this bug in every Gingerbread ROM... maybe it is just something with my SD card?) It seems that the SD card slot gets incredibly hot (or a component under it) if I forget to remove/re-insert it, but is fine after it mounts. I don't see anything funny in logcat, either.

Rebooting into recovery has not worked for me on any Gingerbread ROM; adb reboot recovery doesn't work either. The phone just reboots normally.

Lastly--and maybe I'm screwing something up---my custom ingredients zip file isn't being applied. (Again, no biggie, I just add with adb after flashing.)

Oh, and I have the 725 bb, if that matters.

Guest Trym Hansen

The icons in the status bar start out white at boot, and then switch to green after I lock/unlock. (I'm using the stock lock screen.) The kernel doesn't seem to matter. I have also noticed this problem periodically with the Topogigi V20e ROMs, but I haven't found a pattern yet.

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-) No, really, it is. White means the usual, the network is connected. Green means you are logged in to google-services. You'll find this on all gingerbread roms. Edited by Trym Hansen

I have that on all stock gingerbread builds. The download rate seems to be normal.

I think that que gingerbread stock builds comes with anything that blocks hsdpa access here.

try another GB BB leak ( like 0622 ) to see if the problem come from BB , i've no data issues at all and get fastly HSPA connexion, i'm in France.

Did you check APN setting too ?

Edited by ilos

Guest Madsen Felipe

try another GB BB leak ( like 0622 ) to see if the problem come from BB , i've no data issues at all and get fastly HSPA connexion, i'm in France.

Did you check APN setting too ?

I have tried all available bb leaks and basebands.

Guest c.joenie

Ok, I tested R22 and it lasted with 9x % for 10,5 hours. That's not a lot (FR19 lasted for 20 hours). And the memory footprint is also much larger: because with FR19 I had about 190/2xx mb free of RAM, now it's 120 :). Is Gingerbread really that much heavier? Or can you further optimize it :D?

Guest Kostja_V

About data connection icon.

It looks normal, and it was the same in V20C and V20E. In these versions 3G icon indicates 3G or HSDPA data connection and H icon appears only using HSPA connection. You can easily check in Phone Information that HSDPA is still working.

Another weird thing. It seems like phone goes into deep sleep, and disconnecting from mobile inet, because gtalk and other jabber clients goes offline after some time of inactivity, and goes online only when phone is unlocked. Its related to all gingerbread leaks.

Edited by wfd

Guest Madsen Felipe

About data connection icon.

It looks normal, and it was the same in V20C and V20E. In these versions 3G icon indicates 3G or HSDPA data connection and H icon appears only using HSPA connection. You can easily check in Phone Information that HSDPA is still working.

Unfortunately that isnt true. I got reports that some users get H icon in HSDPA networks. So....

Guest c.joenie

Unfortunately that isnt true. I got reports that some users get H icon in HSDPA networks. So....

I do get HSPDA, at the offered speed (t-mobile - NL). My phone does not necessarily fully disconnect at deeper sleep. It still seems to be connected :).

Guest Kostja_V

It's 100% correct information for BB 725(GB) and LMT Latvia. I checked ten times already. If I am using HSPA I get H icon, if it drops to HSDPA, icon immediately changes to 3G.

Guest c.joenie

It's 100% correct information for BB 725(GB) and LMT Latvia. I checked ten times already. If I am using HSPA I get H icon, if it drops to HSDPA, icon immediately changes to 3G.

And if you use 633 GB? I am using that right now :).

Guest Fajar EP

just installing my swiftextreme kernel, factory reset, configuring, reboot, took 40seconds to load counted from logo lg animation stop doing animation.., not sure if this is fast or not :)

Guest colourswind

This is the topic for my work-in-progress Gr3 Gingerbread ROM based on the V20i leak.

Points to note...

• I will be updating this / adding features very frequently and it is very unfinished - this is why it is in a kitchen only (I do my development in kitchens as I have a pretty slow internet connection and it allows me to upload small ROM parts)
  • A prebake will follow ASAP!
  • Please do not distribute your bakes as it will lead to splintered Gr3 releases all over the place
  • This is based on the V20i ROM leak and should be used with a Gingerbread specific baseband (not included) - RIL is of course included. Use either the 725 Gingerbread baseband or the 622 Gingerbread baseband
  • Please post your feature requests, reports etc. in the topic
  • This is stock LG style at the moment - I will be adding vanilla features soon.
  • Kitchen is in post 2 of this topic
  • Changelog is in post 3 of this topic
  • Known issues is in post 4 of this topic
  • THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE!

As usual, flash via ClockworkMod and BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST! :) You flash at your own risk.

P

hi ! en , I am Chinese . Thanks for your working.. And how can i download the newest rom?

Guest Brock Sampson

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-) No, really, it is. White means the usual, the network is connected. Green means you are logged in to google-services. You'll find this on all gingerbread roms.

Hah--learn something new every day :)

Guest Trym Hansen

Hi,

I'm still with Modaco Fr18b2 and want to install this new rom.

Is Fr18b2 in ext3 or ext4 ?

regards

I cannot remember at the moment, but it's very easy to find out.

If you have ADB installed on your computer, connect the phone and in a command-shell type:

adb shell

mount

If not, download a terminal emulator app, and in it type

mount

Look for the lines containing "/system", "/data" and "/cache". Immediately after, it'll say either "ext3" or "ext4".

Hope this helps.