20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

I've been playing around with various settings to see what gets the widest access to the android market, and discovered that Market Links don't seem to be restored properly by Titanium Backup with this ROM. TB thinks it has restored links, but they don't show up in My Apps in the Market. I Didn't have this problem with any of the 20e based ROMs.

Could this be due to the version of market in this rom?

Guest wilheim77

I've been playing around with various settings to see what gets the widest access to the android market, and discovered that Market Links don't seem to be restored properly by Titanium Backup with this ROM. TB thinks it has restored links, but they don't show up in My Apps in the Market. I Didn't have this problem with any of the 20e based ROMs.

Could this be due to the version of market in this rom?

You can just delete data from applications - Market and your apps will show up again

Guest Kostja_V

Yeah, i'm gonna patch that out!

P

And may be Battery Low too? (Its near))))

For me it is enouth Battery Very Low notification (<5%).

How about semitransparent notification pulldown?

And please disable device unlock (from AOSP Lockscreen) with menu button. It can be done via editing framework-res\res\values\bools.xml just by setting config_disableMenuKeyInLockScreen to true.

Edited by Kostja_V

You can just delete data from applications - Market and your apps will show up again

Thanks, that did the trick.

Edited to add:

Except for the apps which don't appear in the market but still work perfectly well on the phone. I was doing this to see if I could con the market into allowing me to update the apps I have restored from TB, but which had got lost from the market with the GB update.

Edited by rmein

Guest Kostja_V

It should be already.

P

O, sorry, I haven't installed your firmware yet. Just checked shade_bg.png and status_bar_tracking.xml, but looks like you are using different metod))))

Another weird thing. It seems like phone goes into deep sleep, and disconnecting from mobile inet, because gtalk and other jabber clients goes offline after some time of inactivity, and goes online only when phone is unlocked. Its related to all gingerbread leaks.

Yeah, I'm experiencing something like this on v20e leak. It's like the phone disconnects from the 2g/3g-net because you can't call, sms or anything but the icons are still there and say it's got signal and such. I have to go to airplane-mode and then back again for it to work. Or if I wait long enough maybe it can come back of it's own. It doesn't sound exactly the same, but maybe you just think you get inet back because of icons is still there?

Anyway, is there anyone else experiencing this? Or is it fixed in v20i? :)

Guest hackworks

GR3 with MC r23 EXT3 causes Camera to hang and FC. I am able to pinpoint the error to the kernel as I built my own kernel with TUN and CONSERVATIVE GOV and it works. If there is interest for something very close to stock, I can provide the kernel I build and use. No fancy stuff here but TUN enabled to get me connected to office Cisco VPN only.

Guest Trym Hansen

About the Screen configuration FC, it's happening with all kernels.

I can't speak for the custom kernels, but no, it doesn't happen with the stock kernel.

EDIT: I've been proven wrong, I have an earlier version of settings.apk.

Edited by Trym Hansen

About the Screen configuration FC ...

Are you sure to include all packages used by the assitant ?

For example if you drop "email" when the assistant will be on the email step, it will FC so...

Maybe it's normal ^^

Guest Trym Hansen

i'm also using stock kernel.

My friend is using MCK r22 and is happening too.

Maybe is something that was change in kitchen after your bake.

Yeah, probably. He did patch the settings.apk after the OTA-updater was removed, so that's likely what introduced the bug. Was sure I had installed that version, but I apparently only downloaded it, forgot to install ;-)

Rom work great

Some bugs found

-Gtalk don't start camera

-No APN for my network

-On Welcome Wizard, in the last screen FC.

Welcome Wizard FC on the last screen happens if you didn't bake the LG Email client.

Guest metalzao

Well, just reporting and confirming some issues...

1) Setup Wizard, on first boot, is crashing after Google Login. (well, that's not crucial... but still a issue).

2) Screen config. is crashing after the first reboot I flashed the rom, went to screen config normaly. Then after I configured all my apps and preferences, I made a reboot to make a backup... and then after that my screen config starts to crash, as boto12 said.

3) LatinIME does not vibrates when you set it in the Keyboard configuration. LG Keyboard works fine.

4) I don't know why that happened, but on the first 2 times that I flashed the rom, I got problems with my screen. It seems pretty decentralized... I noticed this bug when I used my keyboard in landscape mode and in the notification bar (when I was trying to pull it up again). Well, it was very strange... but as we got some complains about that, I can confirm that bug as well...

5) I can't get HSDPA either. By the way, it seems to lost data connection when I turn my screen off. Gtalk goes offline and my Latitude does not update as well...

Well, I found those bugs so far.

I'm using a clean android rom (no lg stuff) and with MCK r22 custom kernel (EXT3).

GR3 with MC r23 EXT3 causes Camera to hang and FC. I am able to pinpoint the error to the kernel as I built my own kernel with TUN and CONSERVATIVE GOV and it works. If there is interest for something very close to stock, I can provide the kernel I build and use. No fancy stuff here but TUN enabled to get me connected to office Cisco VPN only.

Hang and FC doing what? I am running r23 EXT3 and the camera app is working OK?

P

Guest Brock Sampson

Strangely I can select 'Display in Settings without a FC.

Investigating (and the other bits!)

P

If it helps, here is my logcat from click on on "Display" in preferences:

E/BrightnessPreference(20451): mOldBrightness 102

E/BrightnessPreference(20451): mTempBrightness = 102

W/dalvikvm(20451): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d560)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.DisplaySettings}: java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1647)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1663)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:117)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:931)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3683)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:861)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:619)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at com.android.settings.DisplaySettings.checkForLocaleChange(DisplaySettings.java:192)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at com.android.settings.DisplaySettings.onCreate(DisplaySettings.java:160)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1611)

E/AndroidRuntime(20451): 	... 11 more

EDIT: I think this FC is related to the wizard crashing (because I left Email out of the bake). On a hunch (i.e., checkForLocaleChange returning null), I went into Language and Keyboard and re-selected the language, and after that I no longer get a FC when I select "display" in settings.

EDIT2: It only works once each time after changing the language. i.e., if I switch the language from English (UK) to English (US), I can launch Display Settings, but after the settings activity is paused/stopped, I have to change language again to get Display Settings to run.

Edited by Brock Sampson

If it helps, here is my logcat from click on on "Display" in preferences:

E/BrightnessPreference(20451): mOldBrightness 102
E/BrightnessPreference(20451): mTempBrightness = 102
W/dalvikvm(20451): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d560)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.DisplaySettings}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1647)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1663)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:117)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:931)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3683)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:861)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:619)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at com.android.settings.DisplaySettings.checkForLocaleChange(DisplaySettings.java:192)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at com.android.settings.DisplaySettings.onCreate(DisplaySettings.java:160)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1611)
E/AndroidRuntime(20451): ... 11 more
[/code]

EDIT: I think this FC is related to the wizard crashing (because I left Email out of the bake). On a hunch (i.e., checkForLocaleChange returning null), I went into Language and Keyboard and re-selected the language, and after that I no longer get a FC when I select "display" in settings.

EDIT2: It only works once each time after changing the language. i.e., if I switch the language from English (UK) to English (US), I can launch Display Settings, but after the settings activity is paused/stopped, I have to change language again to get Display Settings to run.

Hmmm, I didn't leave e-mail out and it works. That would be a weird dependency. Investigating.

P

Guest Trym Hansen

Hmmm, I didn't leave e-mail out and it works. That would be a weird dependency. Investigating.

P

I've examined the phone more closely this time. I have the version without the omadmclient, and with a patched settings.apk (without the firmware update section.)

I *always* leave out the LGEMail.apk, and I get no force-close in display-settings, so I think I can confirm that's not a dependency. I use the stock kernel, norwegian language set.

Unrelated, Paul, did you see my post about Superuser3? It's buggy. I suggest reverting the kitchen to 2.3.6.1 for now.

Edited by Trym Hansen

I've examined the phone more closely this time. I have the version without the omadmclient, and with a patched settings.apk (without the firmware update section.)

I *always* leave out the LGEMail.apk, and I get no force-close in display-settings, so I think I can confirm that's not a dependency. I use the stock kernel, norwegian language set.

Unrelated, Paul, did you see my post about Superuser3? It's buggy. I suggest reverting the kitchen to 2.3.6.1 for now.

I did, is @chainsdd aware of the issue?

P