20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Elte Hupkes

Changelog

03 Oct 14:20

• Added option for Gingerbread theme retaining toggle buttons

Yes, you rock!

Another request then: a stock unlock screen that you can't unlock with the menu button. I often pull it out of my pocket on a search box filled with a semi-random letter sequence, it's only a matter of time before it's going to text/call someone ;).

Guest Nic0co

bug in the kitchen, unable to generate a ROM with the option Gingerbread stock theme - Toggle Buttons only

(they have the same id: 41)

Edited by Nic0co

Guest Elte Hupkes

bug in the kitchen, unable to generate a ROM with the option Gingerbread stock theme - Toggle Buttons only

Yeah, no toggle buttons here either. I'll be eagerly waiting ;).

Guest c.joenie

Ok, i needed that GPS fix as well. At first all seems to be well, but after I installed juice defender, something went wrong and I needed to have the zip file to get R22-ext4 with juicedefender working again.

Guest Brock Sampson

Paul I am having gb keyboard FC i cant use the LG crappy keyboard, can you please help ?

I have baked one ROM prior the BBA support and use r22 kernel.

Thank you for your help.

I had this problem with the Topogigi ROM and I can't stand the LG Keyboard either. I ended up removing the Gingerbread keyboard in Titanium Backup and then installing the one from the market (https://market.andro...thod.latin.free). It's an imperfect solution, but it worked. For a temporary fix, I found that switching to the LG Keyboard and then back to Gingerbread ended the FCs, but only until reboot. Hope this helps.

Guest Trym Hansen

I had this problem with the Topogigi ROM and I can't stand the LG Keyboard either. I ended up removing the Gingerbread keyboard in Titanium Backup and then installing the one from the market (https://market.andro...thod.latin.free). It's an imperfect solution, but it worked. For a temporary fix, I found that switching to the LG Keyboard and then back to Gingerbread ended the FCs, but only until reboot. Hope this helps.

Speaking of keyboards, LG must really hate norway. The "new" LG keyboard not only messes up the new keys (try to press "ø" or "å" and you get "l"), but it also messes up the long-press alternatives - even in the english keyboard. Long press "o", press "ø", and you get "ö".

Probably a good idea to replace the LG keyboard in the kitchen with the one from 20e, as this one is simply not finished.

Guest Peterfdevries

Great seeing you are still working hard on this GB-leak Paul. You'd mention that the non-kitchenpeople could give their preferences for the prebaked version. How far is the prebaked version from being served? :)

grtz

Guest Nic0co

The Gingerbread with toggle button work, but, lossing Gingerbread style in Menu like parameters (checkbox have LG looks)

20111003164749.png

Edited by Nic0co

I've analysed the posted GPS patch, and it seems to force assisted GPS at all times with a very small code change. I will be adding my own version of it to the kitchen for testing.

P

Guest Ferrum Master

Speaking of keyboards, LG must really hate norway. The "new" LG keyboard not only messes up the new keys (try to press "ø" or "å" and you get "l"), but it also messes up the long-press alternatives - even in the english keyboard. Long press "o", press "ø", and you get "ö".

Probably a good idea to replace the LG keyboard in the kitchen with the one from 20e, as this one is simply not finished.

Chill down... probably the ASCII table is just messed up... it is just a beta... there are raw parts unfinished parts... and regional fixes are always the last ones in the list to mend... :rolleyes:

Guest Ferrum Master

I've analysed the posted GPS patch, and it seems to force assisted GPS at all times with a very small code change. I will be adding my own version of it to the kitchen for testing.

P

Strange, I cannot understand, then why GPS works for me tough... ?

Guest Trym Hansen

Chill down... probably the ASCII table is just messed up... it is just a beta... there are raw parts unfinished parts... and regional fixes are always the last ones in the list to mend... :rolleyes:

What's your point? Yes, it's a beta. Yes, regional fixes are probably last. Therefore it's best to include a keyboard that works. What the heck is wrong with suggesting that?

I have flashed GR3 with MCK r22, and Baseband GB 622

Luckily no trouble with GPS at all, fix in seconds and accurate to my desk at work.. very stable, no FC's or reboots

The only problem I have at the moment is that I cant download/install new apps, they report no memory available.

I have about 50 apps installed but none of them huge.

I have cleared cache in Move2SD and moved loads of apps to the SD card, rebooted manually and managed to load 1 more app...

I do notice that the boot speed is very slow, pausing on the Modaco logo for minutes.

any suggestions?

Steve

Guest Kostja_V

Changelog

03 Oct 16:55

• Test services.jar (GPS fix) added to kitchen

I can confirm that it works great. Good work Paul.

Shame for me, GPS is fixed just by single, short line of code :unsure:

Paul, how about enabling 5% step for battery indicator? All resources are already in framework-res, just not enabled in stat_sys_battery.xml

I have flashed GR3 with MCK r22, and Baseband GB 622

Luckily no trouble with GPS at all, fix in seconds and accurate to my desk at work.. very stable, no FC's or reboots

The only problem I have at the moment is that I cant download/install new apps, they report no memory available.

I have about 50 apps installed but none of them huge.

I have cleared cache in Move2SD and moved loads of apps to the SD card, rebooted manually and managed to load 1 more app...

I do notice that the boot speed is very slow, pausing on the Modaco logo for minutes.

any suggestions?

Steve

The slow boot seems to be a kernel peculiarity it seems, i'm looking into it. Not sure on your Market issue...? Sounds like a permissions problem on /data perhaps?

P

Paul, how about enabling 5% step for battery indicator? All resources are already in framework-res, just not enabled in stat_sys_battery.xml

Would be a sound idea.

P