20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest eViLsTieFel

What little feedback I can provide (just flashed) until now:

when selecting Gingerbread Stock with the Toogle Buttons, whenever GPS is trying to synch, the icon starts flashing as usual. But the picture of the icon when the dot in the middle is filled out is stretched thin. It looks distorted and is a little irritating. Not a big issue, just thought I'd mention it.

Also, when adding contacts to the home screen, they are also stretched vertically.

And finally, does anybody know how to add your own picture when using the stock mms/sms application? I mean, in CM7 there were some additional settings when going to "Call Settings" where you could set your own phone number. The sms-app would then match your picture with the one in the contacts listed under the same number.

Edited by eViLsTieFel

Guest Madsen Felipe

I Agree.

You could have all other features working perfect, but if signal drops all the time i wouldn't use the Rom anyway.

622GB is a possible solution?

Anyone also have problem with HSDPA? here is really hard to get it.

I cant get too hsdpa. Always show 3G!

Guest roanitas

Changelog

03 Oct 14:20

Added option for Gingerbread theme retaining toggle buttons

I made two Rom Gingerbread "stock theme - Gingerbread stock theme - Toggle Buttons only"

but I have not the buttons (Toggle)

I made ​​a rom "LG standard theme - Toggle Buttons Only" then it's ok. any ideas?

thanks

Guest getro86

If I have the GingerBread stock theme, and I want to flash the new version with the toogle buttons. Can I flash the new version directly (if i don´t change anything more)??, or I have to make a full wipe??

Thank you

Guest ryancy

For those having problems with the icon only showing 3G and not H. If you check your Mobile network type in settings, it says that its connected to HSDPA or HSPA even though the icon at the top only shows 3G.

Guest SheapChit

For those having problems with the icon only showing 3G and not H. If you check your Mobile network type in settings, it says that its connected to HSDPA or HSPA even though the icon at the top only shows 3G.

I think this is a Framework problem, where it just will not switch to the little H icon. The same issue was present on one of Pauls earlier FRx releases also, but was then solved with a new Framework.

Basically you get HSPA/HSDPA but it will only show 3G icon due to that "bug".

A tip is to test with the app named "Phono" by Phono Dev Team that has a widget which can provide some additional signal strength and type information.

Guest Nic0co

I made two Rom Gingerbread "stock theme - Gingerbread stock theme - Toggle Buttons only"

but I have not the buttons (Toggle)

I made ​​a rom "LG standard theme - Toggle Buttons Only" then it's ok. any ideas?

thanks

bug yesterday, if you generate it before 17-18h you've generate a Gingerbread WITHOUT Button.

I use the GB stock theme with toggle buttons and I get the H icon, no problem here.

The H icon is a problem?

With this option, I don't have Gingerbread look in menu like parameters, the checkbox is LG style.

Guest kruppin

Yeah, I get H also, on LG theme without music controls. Still running 725 BB though. You have to use the internet for it to change though. Because if I'm not using internet mine's also on 3g all the time, it's a power save feature I guess.

Haven't had any signal drop yet on v20i with 725, but if I do I'll try 622 and report back!

Guest eViLsTieFel

I just discovered another problem:

only very few of my apps are listed under "My Apps" in the market. When I navigate to one of these apps though, they are listed as "installed".

I've tried using the Market Doctor to attach those apps to the market, but it only returns "Market Doctor has found no recoverable...". On a related note, Titanium Backup also cannot detect Dropbox, even though it is installed.

I flashed the rom after performing a full wipe.

Guest Striatum_bdr

I just discovered another problem:

only very few of my apps are listed under "My Apps" in the market. When I navigate to one of these apps though, they are listed as "installed".

I've tried using the Market Doctor to attach those apps to the market, but it only returns "Market Doctor has found no recoverable...". On a related note, Titanium Backup also cannot detect Dropbox, even though it is installed.

I flashed the rom after performing a full wipe.

Just wait. Database upgrade takes some time and runs in background. Nothing miore to do.

Guest Brembo109

I have this signal issue too. Icon shows G but the speed is like HSDPA speed, and the menu says im connected to HSDPA. Im using the 622 GB BB and compared RIL. No drops with this one.

Guest eViLsTieFel

Just wait. Database upgrade takes some time and runs in background. Nothing miore to do.

I'll give it one more day, but I flashed it yesterday and would've thought the process would have finished by now. Anyway, thanks :).

Guest sander-m

I can confirm the touchscreen bug. The very right side of the screen is unresponsive. This bug is also in the 20e roms but it was solved by Topogigi and Imperticus in 1.6+ roms on XDA.

Quote changelog topogigi gb rom: "Solved horizontal scroll bug on right edge (Imperticus, you're a wizard!)"

Edit: the bug only happens in launcher (home scrolling) not in an application like Maps)

Edited by sander-m

Guest chong01

I can confirm the touchscreen bug. The very right side of the screen is unresponsive. This bug is also in the 20e roms but it was solved by Topogigi and Imperticus in 1.6+ roms on XDA.

Quote changelog topogigi gb rom: "Solved horizontal scroll bug on right edge (Imperticus, you're a wizard!)"

Edit: the bug only happens in launcher (home scrolling) not in an application like Maps)

I believe the bug occurs systemwide. For instance in Swype, swyping words starting with "P" is a hit or miss in Gr3.

I believe the bug occurs systemwide. For instance in Swype, swyping words starting with "P" is a hit or miss in Gr3.

I imagine this is a custom kernel issue, shouldn't happen with the stock kernel.

When I've got my kernel in GitHub hopefully we can collaborate on fixing any kernel niggles.

P

I imagine this is a custom kernel issue, shouldn't happen with the stock kernel.

When I've got my kernel in GitHub hopefully we can collaborate on fixing any kernel niggles.

P

Dear Paul, any suggestions about the GB keyboard FC Issue?

I tried to re install it from the market. but still no luck

Dear Paul, any suggestions about the GB keyboard FC Issue?

I tried to re install it from the market. but still no luck

I can't replicate it unfortunately. What does logcat show?

P