20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ecki2k

I can rapport now that after 11 hours with Neoblaze 280911 my battery is on 79% (wifi was disabled, data enabled) but that is not all !

FYI...I am on 725 baseband (Gr theme with toggle buttons).

1) No more wifi signal drops

2) very good call quality

3) No touchscreen issue

4) GB keyboard works without any problems

5) lg keyboard works grate now (post no`505)

6) last but not least

Please tell me if you want me to test anything. so far I am very happy my GB LG p990 is perfect now.

Just flashed Neoblaze Kernel. Looking good so far, the touchscreen is as responsive as I was used to (even on the outer right side :-) ), call quality is indeed improved...we'll see about battery life but so far I'm very pleased. Thx for the Tip!

Guest bogazicili90

I want to flash ROM and baseband. I put the gr3 zip file as update.zip on external sd card and then with rom manager CWM recoried into boot. It writed rom and then it doesnot start keeps restarting

Guest Peterfdevries

When using the Neoblaze kernel, the enormous battery drainage is gone. Could the problem of the drainage be in the kernel (prebaked) Paul?

Have a nice weekend.

I'm using neoblaze too but when i press and hold the A key I cant choose the second line itens for special characters. Like ã or Ã.

It works for me.

Please try to wipe cache and Dalvic again.

I had to do it twice. sometimes when you try to wipe CWM wont identify your SD card so might want to reinsert that after booting to CWM and then wipe.

If that wont work, freeze your keyboard and download it from the market.

that is how I solved my issue.

I have an issue with the Alarm. If I have the phone connected to the power supply during night the alarm wont go off. Today I over slepped 20 min and when I unlocked the phone the alarm started (20 min late) Any one else have this? Can it be fixed?

/Semesterlund

What Kernel do you use ?

Guest Brembo109

Having the same issue on CM7. How do you set the alarm without using deskclock???

I'm setting it with deskclock, but then I close the app and don't let the deskclock in foreground at night. So the alarm works. Edit: I can't reproduce this bug, just had it one time.

Edited by Brembo109

I have been testing Neoblaze Kernel for a while now and it works grate.

There are 2 issues left to solve for this to be the perfect Gingerbread ROM for lg 2x

1) flashing status icons (green to gray)

2) 4 min boot time

For me there is no other issue,

Even the Alarm works when the phone is connected to the charger, HDMI works grate, bluetooth/wifi and no battery drain.

Cheers

Guest The Jason8r

Known Issues

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but after formatting /system and fixing permissions, then installing GR3 kitchen with Google Voice Search and Google Voice Dial (both with UK optimisations), when I go into Market, it says I have the US version and the one with in-app localisations is incompatible with my device.

What's that all about? How can I get the proper versions?

Guest D4ni3LC

A question to ask...

I have try almost 80% of the roms available for Optimus2x from stock, cm7 and even modaco. they do provide an improvement on the UI interface and overall experience on the phone but problem on the web browsing still exist.

browser scrolling still lags whether on a heavy or light pages even without flash enabled and even after page is fully render. Is there a way to fixed this issue? some minor lag still occur even while scrolling pages that without images.

already tried using different browsers like opera and so on. Doesn't help much either. is this a problem that can't be fixed??

I have tried on Samsung galaxy s2 and even Galaxy tab 7". after a gingerbread update scrolling was smooth without lags at all. while comparing the hardware definitely o2x is a lot better than galaxy tab 7".

Is there anyway to fixed this...??

Edited by D4ni3LC

Guest c.joenie

I have been testing Neoblaze Kernel for a while now and it works grate.

There are 2 issues left to solve for this to be the perfect Gingerbread ROM for lg 2x

1) flashing status icons (green to gray)

2) 4 min boot time

For me there is no other issue,

Even the Alarm works when the phone is connected to the charger, HDMI works grate, bluetooth/wifi and no battery drain.

Cheers

The flashing status icons (Green to gray and vice a versa) is not a bug, it's a feature of android 2.3.x: green is connected to google services, grey is connected to interwebs.

the boot time heavily depends on the amount of applications that you have :).

The flashing status icons (Green to gray and vice a versa) is not a bug, it's a feature of android 2.3.x: green is connected to google services, grey is connected to interwebs.

the boot time heavily depends on the amount of applications that you have :).

I can deal with "its not a bug it is a feature" explanation but I can't deal with the long boot time.

Right now I don't have any apps at all. Wiped my phone clean, flashed the rom and wiped it

Still it takes the same amount of time to boot, around 3 min.

is there any way to see a log for boot ?

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but after formatting /system and fixing permissions, then installing GR3 kitchen with Google Voice Search and Google Voice Dial (both with UK optimisations), when I go into Market, it says I have the US version and the one with in-app localisations is incompatible with my device.

What's that all about? How can I get the proper versions?

You can use MarketAccess to change your location for the market.

Guest gk141054

This 725 Neoblaze kernel seems to be getting some good feedback, is it the one Paul links to in the first post or something different?

Some detail would be good. Thanks

Guest theguv

PAUL!!!!!! THE BATTERY DRAIN REALLY SUCKS LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take it easy man, its not a problem with the rom. I had huge battery drain on a cyanogenmod rom, solved it by charging the phone to full and clearing cache and battery stats in cwm.

(Also make sure to check that you dont have som stupid widget running that keeps the phone awake)

Guest mankian

I'm setting it with deskclock, but then I close the app and don't let the deskclock in foreground at night. So the alarm works. Edit: I can't reproduce this bug, just had it one time.

ahh thats also how I do it. I never leave it in the foreground. I notice it happens more often if the phone is left on charge over-night.

I have had this problem on Cyanogenmod and also Fr19 (Stock Kernel)

When using Fr19 with the MCK Kernel I never had this problem (Paul - If your aware of something you did in the Fr19 MCK Kernel that corrected this please let us know!!

I am wondering if it has something to do with either the android app management. The process that controls the alaram gets terminated by android memory management. Or if it has something to do with the sleeping state of the phone - as in it doesn't wake on certian events when it should.

Cheers!

Guest Semesterlund

What Kernel do you use ?

Neoblaze...

I had it on the first GR3 leak aswell.

/Semesterlund

Edited by Semesterlund

Guest Basil 123

A new kernel that I'm trying, seems to work well with this ROM : Horse Power 2x eXtreme

supports 24 bits per pixel, as opposed to the usual 16.

Seems smoother, and claims tweaked better battery driver amongst other things....

Edited by Basil 123

Guest Marcel Janus

Hi,

i tested several settings and kernerls in this kitchen (stock, r22 ext3, r22+r23 ext4) but the boot time forced me to search for other roms. Sorry but several minutes is not normal...

I just found http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1254359 which based on 20i as well and the start time of that rom is awesome.

Paul, maybe you can test it to find out where the problem of your version is?

But for all 20i versions i have problems with switching 2g/3g, anyone else too? Maybe it's baseband problem or because i use prepaid card "bildMobil" and with installing new rom

I always have to add new APN myself (it's using vodadone, but on other link: name: bildMobil / APN: access.vodafone.de (nothing else has to be set)), maybe 20i try to use

1st one in list even my setting is chosen. Switching setting to wrong and then back to correct APN solves the problem but is little bit annoying :)

Edited by Marcel Janus

Guest YourMother1972

Just a minor issue, but i can't change my background with any photo i have taken with my camera. Seems the default background cannot be overwritten for some reason?

Guest Trym Hansen

Just a minor issue, but i can't change my background with any photo i have taken with my camera. Seems the default background cannot be overwritten for some reason?

Cannot confirm. I tried both the stock Launcher and Launcher Pro. I could set background directly from Camera (use as), by long-pressing background and choosing from gallery, by entering gallery and choosing use as etc. etc.

Guest YourMother1972

Cannot confirm. I tried both the stock Launcher and Launcher Pro. I could set background directly from Camera (use as), by long-pressing background and choosing from gallery, by entering gallery and choosing use as etc. etc.

Thanks for testing, i use the homelive launcher myself. Anyone knows where the default background is located so i can manually delete it?

Guest YourMother1972

Another newbee question: how do i install the neoblaze kernel? Fresh install (cache/dalvick cleanup) en then installing gr3? Or can i run the neoblaze zip as an update on top of gr3?