20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Trym Hansen

Another newbee question: how do i install the neoblaze kernel? Fresh install (cache/dalvick cleanup) en then installing gr3? Or can i run the neoblaze zip as an update on top of gr3?

The latter. The kernel resides on another partition, so flashing a kernel can be done independently of the rom.

EDIT: Clarification: The above is true, but since all ROMs by necessity have to include a kernel, you cannot do it the other way round, ie. flash kernel first, then a ROM (unless you edit the install-script it will install the included kernel.). If you already have your ROM of choice installed, you can flash the kernel you want.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest YourMother1972

The latter. The kernel resides on another partition, so flashing a kernel can be done independently of the rom.

So i don't need to wipe the cache and dalvick?

Guest Trym Hansen

So i don't need to wipe the cache and dalvick?

I actually don't know if the kernel has anything to do with the dalvik-cache at all. I would think not, but there's no harm in clearing both of them anyway, just to be safe.

Guest YourMother1972

Installed the neoblaze kernel (without wipes) and it seems to work nicely. Still a long boot time, but that's related to the gr3 rom i guess. Seems it tries to odex everything each time you boot?

Guest encryptor20

I'm sorry but haven't had the chance to read the whole topic as yet. Still would like to know if the LG gestures in this ROM is working? Missed them in Gr1.. If it isn't paul could you update this feature in your ROM.

Thanks been lovin your work! :)

Guest Artemon

This is the third day, I use Gr3 with Neoblaze kernel.

Everything is good, but I have two problems.

1: When I go to Settings - About phone - I get an FC message and a signal drop.

2: My provider's APN is not good in the default APN list. I added a new one, with the correct settings, but I can not change it. I can not use the one, that I created. It is alwasy sets back itself to the default one...:-(

Can somebody help me please?

Guest Basil 123

Thanks for testing, i use the homelive launcher myself. Anyone knows where the default background is located so i can manually delete it?

No need - just change background screen as usual, then restart your launcher - works fine.

Guest Basil 123

No need - just change background screen as usual, then restart your launcher - works fine.

That Horsepower kernel seems really good. The battery life is good, but apparently a re-tweaked version with even better battery life is to be out shortly. Works a treat with Gr3......

Guest Trym Hansen

2: My provider's APN is not good in the default APN list. I added a new one, with the correct settings, but I can not change it. I can not use the one, that I created. It is alwasy sets back itself to the default one...:-(

Install "APN Backup and Restore" from the market.

Run it, select "Delete APNs"

Now enter your manual APNs.

Reboot, and you should be good to go.

Guest rasta666

I'm sorry but haven't had the chance to read the whole topic as yet. Still would like to know if the LG gestures in this ROM is working? Missed them in Gr1.. If it isn't paul could you update this feature in your ROM.

Thanks been lovin your work! :)

Yes, they work.

My setup is prebaked GR3 + Default kitchen options + neoblaze kernel 290911 (not EXT4).

Current issues:

1. Long boot time 3-4 minutes

2. Device not recognized by Market (limited apps on device, device not showing on PC access on Market so no install possible)

3. Only 1 of 2 default APN showing (no MMS APN), did not try MMS so not sure if it is an issue

4. Lost Internet connectivity on 2G/3G switching (need to switch 2G/3G and disable and enable data connectivity manual)

5. Wireless tethering (connects to device, but no internet access,PC does not get IP-no DHCP)

6.Lag on screen pressing (action is somewhat late after pressing the screen, click sound lags after visual confirmation of pressing action), noticed on calendar widget: also not registering every click on month selection arrows, and call log (was restored from prevoius ROM, cleared it, now seems fine)

Other then that, did not see any improvements on homescreen scroling (still laggy- probably the LG home screen fault), device seems little faster overall.

LG home launcher redraws, eg. after browsing with Dolphin HD.

Is the screen touch recognition tweaked or something (ROM or Gingerbred thing)? I do not have dead zones on the screen, but have more trouble pressing the right selection then on completely stock 2.2.2, seems like is more accurate so I have to be more carefull to press correctly, before was like more foolproof.Example: open messaging-new message- "enter message" field while keyboard is hidden, have to be more careful to press it correctly with the tip of my finger, otherwise it registers like I pressed bellow the input field. Possibly related with issue 6. Need to trim my nails to be able to use it :)

And now something completely different :)

Overall the device is very usable and it will be great after boot and Market (need a new prebake:) with default fix from the kitchen ) issue resolved.

I vote for a ROM with all Paul goodies, and all stock LG apps.

Thanks Paul for Your great work. You rock!

Guest Artemon

Install "APN Backup and Restore" from the market.

Run it, select "Delete APNs"

Now enter your manual APNs.

Reboot, and you should be good to go.

Thank you very much!

It works!

Guest rasta666

Any manual fix to let Market recognize my device again?

Some changes in build.prop or default.prop that i can add/change manually to get the market to work like in 2.2.2. stock and recognize my device when i browse the market on my PC or manual changes for Nexus masquerade?

All suggestions appreciated :)

Guest HAL_9000

A heads up that I hope to have V20j tomorrow! ;)

P

Wow! So does it mean that LG really works hardly on our device? :D

V20j could be close to final stock release... Am I right?

Guest SuperSkill

Any manual fix to let Market recognize my device again?

Some changes in build.prop or default.prop that i can add/change manually to get the market to work like in 2.2.2. stock and recognize my device when i browse the market on my PC or manual changes for Nexus masquerade?

All suggestions appreciated :)

Try the market access app, either via baking a rom or downloading it seperately and install it :-)

Guest rasta666

Try the market access app, either via baking a rom or downloading it seperately and install it :-)

Thanks for the suggestion,

You mean Market enabler? Not really needing it for enabling paid apps view, I actually need the market to recognize my device, when I browse on the PC it does not show my device.

Unfortunately I can not bake a ROM, not the right kind of member :)

so a manual way of editing .prop files maybe to masquerade my device as stock or manual Nexus masquerade patch?

Any ideas how to do it and what entries should be changed?

If not I will wait for another prebake with those fixes.

Guest mparack

Boom! :D

P

Paul,

What's your theory on so many LG releases floating around but there being no official GB release yet? They seem to be working hard judging by the leaks. Are they just plain incompetent or are we missing something here?