20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest encryptor20

Just a heads up - the newest HP kernel is up. Personally I prefer it to the neoblaze one. HP kernel thread

How's the kernel holding up on this ROM.. Would like to check first before trying it out seeing as both are betas..

Cheers for v20j paul!

Guest Basil 123

How's the kernel holding up on this ROM.. Would like to check first before trying it out seeing as both are betas..

Cheers for v20j paul!

Love it - good battery life, smooth to use. Fixed a couple of minor bugs in the Gr3 ROM that I baked.

Also added the v6 supercharger just for the halibut..V6 supercharger thread

Now as soon as Paul puts out a stock GB bake on the V20j I'll switch but only so to be on the bleeding edge of what's out there. This is a perfect daily-driver ROM as it is......Perfect.

Baz

Guest kickasskev

Wow! So does it mean that LG really works hardly on our device? :D

V20j could be close to final stock release... Am I right?

NARRRRR they will probably use the whole of the alphabet all the way throught to Z

Guest SuperSkill

Thanks for the suggestion,

You mean Market enabler? Not really needing it for enabling paid apps view, I actually need the market to recognize my device, when I browse on the PC it does not show my device.

Unfortunately I can not bake a ROM, not the right kind of member :)

so a manual way of editing .prop files maybe to masquerade my device as stock or manual Nexus masquerade patch?

Any ideas how to do it and what entries should be changed?

If not I will wait for another prebake with those fixes.

I dont want to be rude, but if you pay a small amount of money you can bake your rom, its worth it, all the work Paul and others doing here deserves credit from us(the users). No moneysupport from us will only lead to less development for all of us. So, to everybody: Support MoDaCo with money for the amazing work being done for all of us :-)

Guest THief777

Nice, but could you also upload the stock rom without any modifications?

+1

We would like to receive, without change. What would other developers can develop parallel to our phone. This will be only positive for everyone!

Guest rasta666

I dont want to be rude, but if you pay a small amount of money you can bake your rom, its worth it, all the work Paul and others doing here deserves credit from us(the users). No moneysupport from us will only lead to less development for all of us. So, to everybody: Support MoDaCo with money for the amazing work being done for all of us :-)

Actually I agree with You, but currently I do not have any credit card, Paypal or any sort of online payment method, not sure if I can make any kind of payment from Croatia at this time, hopefully this will change and I would be glad to show my support in the future. I just bought my first Android device and Paul ROM was the first that made me want to flash it (only 3 days ago) and I found almost all I need on this forum.

So, for now I am just fishing here for help :)

Guest kruppin

I almost don't have a problem at all with v20i, and the battery is the best so far (atleast for me). If V20j is even better, then I'm really happy I bought this phone! :)

Thanks Paul, can't wait! :)

Paul,

What's your theory on so many LG releases floating around but there being no official GB release yet? They seem to be working hard judging by the leaks. Are they just plain incompetent or are we missing something here?

I think that V20J will quite likely become LG's release. As to why they're taking so long, I offer no real reason apart from 'they suck'. ;)

P

Guest HAL_9000

I have to say that Gr3 Vanilla is almost the ROM for daily use. If the V20j will have a little more RAM and some small bugs solved than there will be no reason for something more.

Paul, you are a genius B)

Guest federicoc

I agree with HAL_9000; GR3 is already a great daily ROM affected only by RAM issues and missing of CIFS module and UV capability.

Thanks Paul for your support, anyway I'm not going to buy anymore any LG product. #LG #epicfail

F.

Edited by federicoc

Guest d-droid

I'm going to put this down to 'tone of message lost in translation' than 'offensive user'. ;)

P

You really do try to make web communities a friendlier place. Awesomeness!

Guest Anil K Solanki

One week without a single update...

Hope v20j worth.

I'm going to put this down to 'tone of message lost in translation' than 'offensive user'. ;)

P

Hi Paul, you have the patience of a great party host. Every party has a whining guest, chomping on the free food, drinking the free booze, all the while complaining about the music. Ignore that guest, look over their shoulder, and look at all your happy guests. Dancing to your choice of music.

Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest Madsen Felipe

Hi Paul, you have the patience of a great party host. Every party has a whining guest, chomping on the free food, drinking the free booze, all the while complaining about the music. Ignore that guest, look over their shoulder, and look at all your happy guests. Dancing to your choice of music.

Anil

You say "fancy words" but wont support developers with paied membership. All right.

I dont want to offend anyone, the thing is that like some restrict people, i have opinion and my own thoughts.

Paul understood exactly what im talking about: LG sent builds to testers and they share your results to increase the speed of day launch. The thing is that we are in the middle of october and dont have yet a full stable build from LG Development Lab. They promissed that to us since june! And that because Paul did your improvements, i figure out how long we would have to wait without them.

Edited by Madsen Felipe

Guest c.joenie

Hey Paul,

what are the major changes of V20j? any news on the tethering department? And on the memory management department? Hope you can make us relive the FR19 days on the 2.3.x versions :). Awesome tweaks, loads of speed, and cool stuff :).

Love GR3+R22E4, love Fr19 and looking forward to your magic touch on V20j!

JJ

Guest cosmicvibes

Paul - do you know if v20j brings usb-host mode support at all? If -as I'm assuming- it's still based on the Froyo kernel then I guess it won't? But I can hope at least, would love to be able to control my DSLR with my O2X!

There was a previous discussion about this - but does anyone know if some of the more "exotic" kernels mentioned in this thread support it?

Thanks.

I wouldn't expect any new features for V20J over V20i... still a .32 kernel, just a few bug fixes as they get towards release.

Been finishing up my Archos review (here!), now I can get back onto ROM stuff. ;)

P