20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pablo86gr

Changelog

14 Oct 11:25

• Added stock and gingerbread theme options (including clock size fix, transparent pulldown and more)
  • Removed OTA update client (memory saving)
  • Fixed init.d not processing correctly in stock kernel boot.img

Will you update the prebakes today with the gingerbread theme?

That would be great.

Thanks a lot for the hard work.

Is there a way to get rid of those annoying music controls in the status bar. I've baked a rom without the music player but the controlls keep showing up. Is there a way around this?

simply disable them from the music players(STOCK LG music player) options.

cheers

- How about 3G/HSDPA issue? Have you identified something related to that? (i dont get H icon with 2.3 builds)

that is strange.

even if you set WCDMA only Network Mode ?

I live in a very bad reception Area and from time to time (depends in witch room I am) I get H.

Guest Madsen Felipe

that is strange.

even if you set WCDMA only Network Mode ?

I live in a very bad reception Area and from time to time (depends in witch room I am) I get H.

Even with "WCDMA Only". I always get 3G icon, not HSDPA. In 2.2 builds i got H normally. What i know is that it doesnt happens just with me.

I really want to know what that duck is this.

Guest Kostja_V

Even with "WCDMA Only". I always get 3G icon, not HSDPA. In 2.2 builds i got H normally. What i know is that it doesnt happens just with me.

I really want to know what that duck is this.

Just check the Phone Information to see that HSDPA is working as always. On 2.3 builds H icon arrives if you are connected to HSPA network only, and 3G icon indicates 3G/UMTS/HSDPA.

Guest c.joenie

Changelog

14 Oct 11:25

• Added stock and gingerbread theme options (including clock size fix, transparent pulldown and more)
  • Removed OTA update client (memory saving)
  • Fixed init.d not processing correctly in stock kernel boot.img

Great job! Can you also reduce memory usage of Settings.apk, Google Services, wheater&clock, LG-keyboard and SNS? Then it should be as lightweight as it used to be in the good old Froyo times :) (can't wait to play all games fluently again :D)

Guest Sheppie

simply disable them from the music players(STOCK LG music player) options.

cheers

I already did that but thanks to the new custom themes from Paul the option is there to have the toggle bar without those controlls :D. Thanks Paul :lol:

Guest davey4444

Does anyone else have issues with their launcher restarting a lot? I've changed from Launcher Pro to Go but have the same problem.

Oddly enough I'm sure that I had the same thing happen when I went from froyo to gingerbread on my Hero back in the day.

Guest Robert Sydbrink

Should change the date in the title. I was just checking the title to see if there was any updates... now when i jumped in to the thread i notices it was update both yesterday and today.

Changelog

14 Oct 14:05

• Removed OnScreenPhone settings from Settings app if not selected in kitchen
  • Added Toggle2G by TheMasterBaron, integrated into the Settings application
  • Added Market Acess to the kitchen

This build is looking HOT no! :D

P

Paul you are grate!

do you have anything else planed for today ?

I am flying to work in Stockholm on Monday and want to make sure I have the latest .

I wont have time to fix my phone when I am away and want to make sure it is stable enough.

Thank you !

Paul you are grate!

do you have anything else planed for today ?

I am flying to work in Stockholm on Monday and want to make sure I have the latest .

I wont have time to fix my phone when I am away and want to make sure it is stable enough.

Thank you !

Just BBA compatability for today I think, then that's it, no more changes until Monday...

P

Guest Kostja_V

This build is looking HOT no! :D

P

All your builds are great ;)

But few questions:

When I bake version without Widget option, is normal that few widgets like CalendarWidget.apk are still there in the app folder?

Please make option, to bake without stock Live Wallpapers, but to leave LiveWallpaperPicker.apk installed.

And how about WiFi problem? It's really annoing when WiFi sleeps together with phone.

I put a few widgets in with their apps in the kitchen, and then unassociated widgets in the widget section.

Live Wallpapers, I could split them out yet.

re: WiFi, strange, have you tried with each of the various kernels? This will be a hard one for me to fix.

P