20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ezangrando

OK, just done another new bake, will try Google Calendar and ROM Manager...?

P

if can help you rom manager work if you remove it and reinstall it, but stop working after reboot. I solved calendar problem installing lg one with astro file manager and removing it ... strange things. Wipe dalvik e fix permission doesn't help rolleyes.gif antutu keep FC

Guest Kostja_V

I have discribed the WiFi problem here:

Paul,

If it is possible, please fix WiFi sleep policy presets...

When screen turns off - it is default option and works fine. WiFi disconnects if phone sleeps.

Never when plugged in - works fine too. WiFi doesn't drop signal if device is connected to charger.

Never - doesn't work. WiFi signal drops with and without charger connected. No difference with "When screen turns off" option.

Looks like not a driver or a kernel issue, but just a wrong preset. It's the problem of V20C,E,I,J builds with every kernel I tried.

And the last question for today. Why "com.android.providers.telephony" asked for Root at first boot? Is it for Toggle2G?

Edited by Kostja_V

Guest Ferrum Master

The Power Control Widget is Inactive/Blank...

I think it should be removed... If someone needs them use SEMC toggle widgets pulled from ARC (it just looks cool ;) )

Guest ezangrando

modded android-policy.jar of 20e with reboot option on menu can be used with this mod? rolleyes.gif

UPDATE: Reboot Option is working, you could add it to the kitchen, it could be useful for other ppl smile.gif just don't know how to add reboot in recovery option too

Edited by ezangrando

This build is looking HOT no? :D

Very HOT -smoking, really! Running with your MCK r23 kernel for ext3, very snappy indeed!

A couple of observations:

Reboot takes almost 2 minutes from the time you hit the MoDaCo splashscreen?

LG email app does not play well with stock email, at least when you're trying to set up an Exchange Server account. It was impossible to set up the account on either so I had to re-bake leaving one of them out...

Fantastic work, thanks!

When doing CWM i get this: "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

How problematic is it ? (what are the implications of not backing up the sd-ext?)

P.s I use pauls CWM and it backsup to my SD card ( I am sure this is the problem ).

Any Ideas ?

Guest Kostja_V

There's something weird about the custom kernel that makes it take ages to boot. It's kinda weird! Doesn't happen with the stock kernel...

P

I don't know all details, but looks like the problem is in RamDisk. Because the NeoBlaze had the long boot problem too, but topogigi changed something in RamDisk and everithing became OK. People said that without this modification, custom kernel reodex files on every boot, not only the first one.

Edited by Kostja_V

I don't know all details, but looks like the problem is ib RamDisk. Because the NeoBlaze had the long boot problem too, but topogigi changed something in RamDisk and everithing became OK. People said that without this modification, custom kernel reodex files on the boot, not only the firs one.

Yeah, I noticed it's re-odexing all the time. Investigating.

P

Guest Ferrum Master

after a reboot too? are you using stock LG kernel and AOSP style and apk?

Gingerbread theme without music controls.

Custom kernel - HP RC1 32bit

Rom Manger v 4403

After painfully long reboot as always... it still works... ;)

Rom Manger v 4403

Did you try Neoblaze kernel or stock ?

The long boot time is killing me, I am willing to try out anything to make it go away unsure.gif

Guest ezangrando

Rom Manger v 4403

i'm on stock LG kernel... looking for logcat i'll post it rolleyes.gif

Did you try Neoblaze kernel or stock ?

The long boot time is killing me, I am willing to try out anything to make it go away unsure.gif

I'm trying to track it down!

:D

P