20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kickasskev

When doing CWM i get this: "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

I normally get this aswell, doesn't seem to affect anything though, but would like to know what causes it

Guest Basil 123

Paul, many thanks for the green checkmarks on the GB theme!!

Seem to have a bit of a problem with cellular data though, might be my APN's arent set correctly though....

Guest ezangrando

Works OK for me. What does logcat say?

P

my logcat =)

There are a lot of error with sqlite, it seems that the problem... always used sqlite patch is the first time it give me that sad.gif i've wiped everything many times and baked many roms

mylogcat.txt

Edited by ezangrando

my logcat =)

There are a lot of error with sqlite, it seems that the problem... always used sqlite patch is the first time it give me that sad.gif i've wiped everything many times and baked many roms

- did you wipe

- does your SDcard show up OK?

P

Guest Ferrum Master

The long boot is a known problem for all 20x... Topogigi's all versions also suffer from the long boot problem...

The strange thing that I didn't know that stock kernel works fine... and that is really awkward. I've used both ones. Neoblaze and HP

BTW that HP kernel is awesome performance and image wise...

Edited by Ferrum Master

Guest ezangrando

- did you wipe

- does your SDcard show up OK?

P

yes for both sad.gif my brother have the same issue, just restored 20e to check and work perfectly

Edited by ezangrando

Guest Ferrum Master

yes for both sad.gif my brother have the same issue, just restored 20e to check and work perfectly

Did you try the custom kernel version with some other kernel - Neoblaze or HP?

Aren't you flashing some other zips afterwards? I had problems, when after rom/kernel flash you add some apps.zip(I am using one big zip with all my data/app folder for faster PIT STOP).

You must flash ROM/Kernel, let it boot, and the again in CWM and install other stuff... and then I am rebooting into CWM to install zip with all my apps.

Guest Ferrum Master

Weird! :blink:

re: the kernels, so do ANY non-stock kernels boot without odexing on startup?

P

Haven't seen any... although the only ones I've used are Neoblaze and HP...

Didn't try those old R3, EternityProject and SwiftExtreme kernels tough... they are quite obsolete... dry.gif, maybe someone else had tried?

Guest Kostja_V

Weird! :blink:

re: the kernels, so do ANY non-stock kernels boot without odexing on startup? I just flashed neoblaze and it's long-boot too?

P

You can try this version of NeoBlaze. It's modified by topogigi and boot time is OK.

boot.img

Guest ezangrando

Did you try the custom kernel version with some other kernel - Neoblaze or HP?

Aren't you flashing some other zips afterwards? I had problems, when after rom/kernel flash you add some apps.zip(I am using one big zip with all my data/app folder for faster PIT STOP).

You must flash ROM/Kernel, let it boot, and the again in CWM and install other stuff... and then I am rebooting into CWM to install zip with all my apps.

no custom kernel at the moment 'cause eternal boot time, i'll use them as soon as paul fix them. No other zip, it's clean as it came from kitchen sad.gif and fully wiped

Guest Ferrum Master

I've searched with root explorer for odex files... and none is found... so it means actually odexing isn't working during boot?

Eternal boot - That made me laugh... :lol:, I am fiddling around with some older NOKIA symbians also now, I guess they have taught me some patience... :lol:

Anyone tried fajarep sugestion:

1. open swiftextreme rom v1.1 zip file, looks for in /system/etc/init.d for 99complete file.

2. extract that file

3. edit file, from like this :

#!/system/bin/sh

busybox mount --bind /system/etc/se/vold.fstab /system/etc/vold.fstab

if [ -f /system/bin/odexer ]

then

/system/bin/odexer&

fi

sync;

setprop cm.filesystem.ready 1;

become :

#!/system/bin/sh

busybox mount --bind /system/etc/se/vold.fstab /system/etc/vold.fstab

sync;

setprop cm.filesystem.ready 1;

4. put the file again /system/etc/init.d

5. flash your new zip file

6. after you finish setting on first boot, you'll need to turn on adb setting in android

7. from computer, run adb shell(if you don't have android sdk tools, you may need to install terminal in your android)

8. become root by typing command "su"

9. just run /system/bin/odexer

10. wait for around 5 minutes, if all goes well, on second boot, you'll get odex rom running

11. that's all.., i hope that's clear for you..

I've manually odexed... files are now in place... the boot is still eternal...

Edited by Ferrum Master

I'll dig deeper Monday morning.

I don't let these things beat me. ;)

Thanks once again for your ongoing support everyone. MoDaCo Ad Free is what keeps these updates coming and lets me spend time on the 2X!

P

Ah ha!

Found the problem!

In init.rc there is a

on property:dev.lge.ccd.cleanup=1
rm -Rf /data/dalvik-cache
mkdir /data/dalvik-cache 0771 system system
chown system system /data/dalvik-cache
chmod 0771 /data/dalvik-cache
[/code]

If I comment that out, hey presto, problem solved.

Fix will be online first thing Monday morning. :)

P

Guest c.joenie

Whut? When is this property valid? And why does it then always clean the dalvik cache? LG devs must have done something else horribly wrong to do this... Is there any code issue somewhere else?

I don't think they do this cleanup without a reason... So... I think we better test this :). CAn you see were this property is set to 1? In which cases?

PS. and if it's just a screw-up then I guess that keeping our dalvik cache should improve the speed of our device right :D?

Have a great weekend!

Ah ha!

Found the problem!

In init.rc there is a

on property:dev.lge.ccd.cleanup=1

rm -Rf /data/dalvik-cache  

mkdir /data/dalvik-cache 0771 system system

chown system system /data/dalvik-cache

chmod 0771 /data/dalvik-cache

If I comment that out, hey presto, problem solved.

Fix will be online first thing Monday morning. :)

P

Edited by c.joenie

Guest Kostja_V

with Toggle 2G checked, i got an automatic reboot after i put my pin code

I too, but only on the first boot. After you add Toggle 2G to the Root-list everything is OK.

I too, but only on the first boot. After you add Toggle 2G to the Root-list everything is OK.

i can't go after pin code lol => reboot

EDIT : can't install app from market => no enough space on device ( lol² )

Edited by ilos

Guest Kostja_V

i can't go after pin code lol => reboot

EDIT : can't install app from market => no enough space on device ( lol² )

Have you baked with custom kernel? Because stock one, doesn't ask PIN for the second time after reboot (crash). I don't know why so.

But even on custom kernel I managed to boot normaly once. I pressed cancel on PIN request, unlocked Lock screen, and then typed PIN-code, and managed to get to the Setup Wizard.

Guest Trym Hansen

Whut? When is this property valid? And why does it then always clean the dalvik cache? LG devs must have done something else horribly wrong to do this... Is there any code issue somewhere else?

I don't think they do this cleanup without a reason... So... I think we better test this :). CAn you see were this property is set to 1? In which cases?

PS. and if it's just a screw-up then I guess that keeping our dalvik cache should improve the speed of our device right :D?

Have a great weekend!

Looks like it's a security/developer measure, and most likely something that'll be removed once it goes final. Useful when you're developing for a phone, modifying/switching kernels and whatnot all the time.

Goes like this:

Kernel boots, checks if it was a legit shutdown or not (ie. a "dirty" flag is set somewhere, which would be removed on shutdown. Or in this case a "booted succesfully" flag maybe.)

Kernel sets the prop depending on the flag and merges it with ramdisk-scripts.

If property not set, wipe dalvik-cache, odex again

You can witness it first hand if you install HP-kernel without wiping dalvik-cache. It'll boot, odex everything (with a lot of exceptions in the log). The phone will crash, reset, and the next boot dalvik-cache is auto-wiped, and then it boots successfully. Actually not a bad feature, if it wasn't for old kernels causing it to odex every time.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest c.joenie

Looks like it's a security/developer measure, and most likely something that'll be removed once it goes final. Useful when you're developing for a phone, modifying/switching kernels and whatnot all the time.

Goes like this:

Kernel boots, checks if it was a legit shutdown or not (ie. a "dirty" flag is set somewhere, which would be removed on shutdown. Or in this case a "booted succesfully" flag maybe.)

Kernel sets the prop depending on the flag and merges it with ramdisk-scripts.

If property not set, wipe dalvik-cache, odex again

You can witness it first hand if you install HP-kernel without wiping dalvik-cache. It'll boot, odex everything (with a lot of exceptions in the log). The phone will crash, reset, and the next boot dalvik-cache is auto-wiped, and then it boots successfully. Actually not a bad feature, if it wasn't for old kernels causing it to odex every time.

Ah, thanks!

But then again: why do some people complain about the long boots? Do they shutdown improperly? Or is there something else going on? Somewhere that flag is set to one every time...

Guest SuperSkill

Hello Anyone of you.

After installing GR4 my phone works at first boot, then adding apps, rebooting and the when filling in Simcode my phone reboots?? Anybody else with the same issue?? Anybody who could have a fix/method for fixing it?? It`s from a baket rom with majority of google apps, but a few from Lg, HP 32 bpp kernel used.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes: