20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

OK folks, I dunno about you, but I reckon this is pretty much ready to be the actual Gr4 release. *cheers*

I'm just having a quick look at the recently released SU660 Gingerbread kernel source release, but that aside, I think we're ready to r-o-c-k. :)

P

OK folks, I dunno about you, but I reckon this is pretty much ready to be the actual Gr4 release. *cheers*

I'm just having a quick look at the recently released SU660 Gingerbread kernel source release, but that aside, I think we're ready to r-o-c-k. :)

P

sounds promising!!!

looking forward to the version specially vanilla

Guest Kostja_V

Oh, for various reasons, building an EXT4 module to run against the stock kernel isn't going to work. :(

P

That's bad ((( Stock kernel of V20J is the most stable of all I tried. And in the same time has quite good perfomance.

But may be you could try to build a new kernel using SU660 sources?

That's bad ((( Stock kernel of V20J is the most stable of all I tried. And in the same time has quite good perfomance.

But may be you could try to build a new kernel using SU660 sources?

That's exactly what i'm doing as we speak. ;)

P

OK, so a quick build against the SU660 sources and a TON of stuff doesn't work - baseband, battery status, SD card etc. I think we'll wait for the new sources for the P990. ;)

P

Guest CyberBob78

OK, so a quick build against the SU660 sources and a TON of stuff doesn't work - baseband, battery status, SD card etc. I think we'll wait for the new sources for the P990. ;)

No Problem, thanks for trying!

So i´ll bake a rom with stock-kernel now...

Guest kickasskev

Boot Time fixed, Touchscreen fixed... for me that´s finished so far :D

Thanks Paul.

Yeah thats a damn good build, infact the best i've had on this phone to date :rolleyes: 5 Stars

Just to be sure, if i'm on a Ext4 ROM now and want to try the prebake or a kitchen ROM with deafult kernel i need to use "back to ext3" first?

If you select the EXT4 kernel in the kitchen you'll be OK, else use backtoext3.

P

Guest Diskbox

Pretty sure Remote Call (RSupport) was unticked (it's still unticked when I reload the page too) but it's still installed on my phone. Build time was around 1500. Can anyone else confirm?

Also, I'm still getting battery full popups, any way/plans of removing these?

Do we still have to wipe if just upgrading to the latest build in GR3 (keeping same kernel)?

Thanks for this work Paul, my handsets never been so reliable

Steve

Pretty sure Remote Call (RSupport) was unticked (it's still unticked when I reload the page too) but it's still installed on my phone. Build time was around 1500. Can anyone else confirm?

Also, I'm still getting battery full popups, any way/plans of removing these?

Where are you seeing it installed? Is it a specific APK?

Forgot the battery popup, will fix that.

P