20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Diskbox

Thanks Paul. :D Phone plugged in and ready to download update.

Just to confirm there will be no 9am prebake refresh today as Gr4 is going GOLD today! :D

P

Guest Brawler

Hey Paul ,

Thank you very much for this ROM . This is a very good release . I'm glad I'd upgraded my status so I can take full advantage of the kitchen . Keep up the good works .

Guest c.joenie

I'm using the stock Gingerbread keyboard from the crespo. I strongly advise downloading and installing Steven Lin's free tweaked Gingerbread keyboard from the Market, which adds languages and also enables vibrate.

P

Ah, i see. Can you also add this APK to the kitchen?

Furthermore I can report that USB tethering is not working @ Ext4 Gr24 (latest visibile in your kitchen to ad-free paying members that is :)) on Mac... It claims that the cable is disconnected. Do you know some way to get that working? Or was this the problem you and Topologi are facing right now with custom kernels?

I would still like to see the "restore previous settings" as they have with Cyanogenmod. Anyway you can integrate this? would be awesome!

Ah, i see. Can you also add this APK to the kitchen?

Furthermore I can report that USB tethering is not working @ Ext4 Gr24 (latest visibile in your kitchen to ad-free paying members that is :)) on Mac... It claims that the cable is disconnected. Do you know some way to get that working? Or was this the problem you and Topologi are facing right now with custom kernels?

I would still like to see the "restore previous settings" as they have with Cyanogenmod. Anyway you can integrate this? would be awesome!

I will probably not be adding that APK to the kitchen just yet. re: tethering, I don't get a 'cable disconnected' on my Mac, but it doesn't work... probably another symptom of us being forced to use old kernel source for now... the stock kernel should be OK.

I should be able to add the 'restore settings' functionality.

P

Guest c.joenie

I will probably not be adding that APK to the kitchen just yet. re: tethering, I don't get a 'cable disconnected' on my Mac, but it doesn't work... probably another symptom of us being forced to use old kernel source for now... the stock kernel should be OK.

I should be able to add the 'restore settings' functionality.

P

Jeeej! That sounds great!

BTW: what did you do to improve video performance? GR3 had tons of troubles playing the THD-type of games, but Gr4 seems to manage just fine :-).

Do you know anything about when LG will help you, our LG-King, with actual sources and docs?

You know ^^, if you could start working for LG or collaborate, maybe you can get some extra bucks and they can finally see what the users want to have & have a good Dev@their team ;-).

With warm regards and blessings,

cj

Guest c.joenie

PS. It might also be that i got cable disconnected because my mac still had the old config standing there. When I remove it, i don't get a new config :), so not even that :P.

Guest soundsk

Wow looks like i chose the right day to visit!

So, does anyone have an opinion about my question below - the performance one?

Cheers!

Hi there!

Been reading trough the thread and looking at the kitchen options.

I'm on Fr19Rc2 and 622 BB.

Is Gr4 stable enough for daily use, everything working like wi-fi/usb tether, smartshare, camera etc?

Which Gr specific BB is better - 622 or 725?

One last thing, how about performance, does Gr handle the dual core any different than Fr? Is there any noticeable performance improvement?

Cheers!! And keep up the awesome work!

Guest stonehz

I noticed a small bug - Graphic Issue when searching in the contacts.

Check the images attached to see the artifacts appearing.

1) search contacts for a contact (notice the white border over the keyboard):

2011-10-18%25252010.14.41.png

2) if you close the keyboard you get a better view of the white border:

2011-10-18%25252010.14.49.png

3) If I touch the white border I get this (check the top area):

2011-10-18%25252010.15.07.png

Has anyone encountered something similar?

Better quality images here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/sBmPfkblRzBq8SC-ao2CHg?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6y_9sjpXE395c_VqvyOukw?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rUeDjsHTbYo-D3G3LtHZgA?feat=directlink

Edited by stonehz

Gr4 Changelog

18 Oct 10:30

• Added 'OdexMe' to kitchen
  • Added 'Touch Key Lights' to kitchen
  • Added 'Recovery Reboot' to kitchen
  • Fixed permissions on Touch Keys kernel file
  • Removed 'battery full' popup

Gr4 is now complete for release - I will now be preparing the prebakes, post, etc. etc.

If you bake a ROM from the kitchen now, you will be getting the release version of Gr4.

Happy days! :D

P

Guest stonehz

no keyboard vibration for LatimIME =(.

When i build my own Rom, an app was missing: Google desk clock.

Also others apps that i won't chose was there

Confirming that the Google Desk clock was missing here as well.

I don't know if the LG Alarm Clock replaces it or they can co-exist.

:blink:

hm, baked a new rom, full wiped and such.

and again, my titanium backups are gone that i made with the previous gr4 version..

never had problems with ur releases, maybe i unclicked an option i was not suppose to do,

i there a elegant way to show my options i used in the kitchen( or maybe i should test a prebake)

using 622 baseband

hm, baked a new rom, full wiped and such.

and again, my titanium backups are gone that i made with the previous gr4 version..

never had problems with ur releases, maybe i unclicked an option i was not suppose to do,

i there a elegant way to show my options i used in the kitchen( or maybe i should test a prebake)

using 622 baseband

None of my options touch the SD card in this release!

P

None of my options touch the SD card in this release!

P

Yeah, i thought, so i baked again and now i see the backups i made with the GR4, but my backup from before are gone,

just bad luck i guess, anyway thanks for ur amazing work so far...

Testing / uploading Gr4 prebakes now. They will all be in 2 parts, first the core should be flashed, then the option pack of your choice.

3 prebake configurations will be available, as follows:

• Gr4 'stock edition' - default kitchen options, stock LG style
  • Gr4 'vanilla edition' - minimal LG options, stock Gingerbread style
  • Gr4 'extreme edition' - hand picked options by Paul, stock Gingerbread style

:D

P

Guest MacAllan

Testing / uploading Gr4 prebakes now. They will all be in 2 parts, first the core should be flashed, then the option pack of your choice.

3 prebake configurations will be available, as follows:

• Gr4 'stock edition' - default kitchen options, stock LG style
  • Gr4 'vanilla edition' - minimal LG options, stock Gingerbread style
  • Gr4 'extreme edition' - hand picked options by Paul, stock Gingerbread style

:D

P

Nice, are all editions Ext3 or is some one a Ext4?

Edited by MacAllan

Just a quick request.

I still need to change the =p990_EUR-xx lines to =p990 in build.prop in order to get full market access (Gameloft games in particular). Do you think you could put that into your next fixes?

I guess when the release firmware comes out and is registered with the market this problem will go away.

Just a quick request.

I still need to change the =p990_EUR-xx lines to =p990 in build.prop in order to get full market access (Gameloft games in particular). Do you think you could put that into your next fixes?

I guess when the release firmware comes out and is registered with the market this problem will go away.

I'll quickly tweak that. ;)

P