20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Froderikus

Hello Paul,

is it possible to make the font of the provider name in the drop down part of statusbar a bit smaller.

My provider has a very long name, so it does not fit - that looks kind of weird.

Thank you for your fantastic work.

Frank

Guest ODIN679

Can anyone play trial extreme with MCR24 Ext4 kernel!? It just stops on the initial screen, sometimes I can play once, jsut after boot... but never again until reboot!!!

Guest soundsk

Going for my bake!

Cheers Paul, and thank you!!

Screenshots added, bitbucket kernel source repository added, 3 prebakes + core uploaded... have fun everyone! :)

P

Hello Paul,

is it possible to make the font of the provider name in the drop down part of statusbar a bit smaller.

My provider has a very long name, so it does not fit - that looks kind of weird.

Thank you for your fantastic work.

Frank

That's a pretty simple XML change, so certainly possible!

Which theme are you using? What is your provider name?

P

Guest Froderikus

I used the Vanilla style prebake.

My providernme is: td-1 telekom.mobilcom

Btw, just had a look at your screenshots, the last one has gingerbread statusbar icons, but vibration is LG!?

Frank

I used the Vanilla style prebake.

My providernme is: td-1 telekom.mobilcom

Btw, just had a look at your screenshots, the last one has gingerbread statusbar icons, but vibration is LG!?

Frank

No, that is the LG stock Gingerbread theme.

P

Guest Willimaese

I'm trying to install the gr4 with stock kernel and I get stucked in the lg logo and it appears and disappears and nothing more happens.... it's the first time something like this happens to me, i did everything as always, wipe etc.

help?

oh! and the instalation time of the rom was too short I think...

Guest Diskbox

If you've done a backup (should have), try doing a full wipe then either re-downloading and/or re-flashing as it could be a corrupt download.

I'm trying to install the gr4 with stock kernel and I get stucked in the lg logo and it appears and disappears and nothing more happens.... it's the first time something like this happens to me, i did everything as always, wipe etc.

help?

help?

Did you bake or download a prebake?

P

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hello Paul

Thanx or all ur hard work, after trying a few combinations w different custom kernels n ROMs, its now time to return to my long-time trusted modaco universe! One (or 2) question(s): Do the 3 different pre-bake options contain different kernels or they all go with the 2.6.32.40-mck-r24 as shown in the post #1? And if they are not the same, which are the main differences? I suppose that prebake core+vanilla would be ext3, wouldnt it?

Thanx and sorry if these have been clarified earlier (missed them if they have)

Guest Ximo F. Verde

All the prebakes are stock kernel (EXT3), primarily because there are some known issues with non stock kernels atm (tethering etc.).

P

Thanx for the info P, u sure are the definition of 'omnipresent'! :)

Guest trip hazard

Thanks for the continued amazing work Paul. I'll be flashing this bad boy tonight.

Before I do though, just a couple of quick questions about the basebands.

Firstly, is there a consensus on which is the better of the two or are there any known issues with either?

Secondly, and this is probably straightforward to answer but I just wanted to check; do we just flash the baseband immediately after the option pack?

Thanks in advance fellas.

All the prebakes are stock kernel (EXT3), primarily because there are some known issues with non stock kernels atm (tethering etc.).

P

paul what does the extreme version contain? thanks.

Can you put old market on the kitchen? For me new market its so much slow and instable :(

Is a Google DNS problem, us OpenDNS with an App named: DNSChanger or like that ;)

Guest Froderikus

Hello again,

may be a good idea, if possible, to add the prebakes as preselections to the kitchen, so we can see whats in it and use these as a base for modifications.

Frank