20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

I don't know if Paul of anyone can help me,

I flashed the yesterday's prebake (only 1 file) and it works great but now there's 3 prebake versions. So my questions are the following:

1. What's different from yesterday's and today's STOCK??? I really mean stock (which should be similar to yesterday's prebake)

2. If they're different (improvements), can I flash the 2 part stock on top of my current ROM without wipe???

That's all. I hope you can answer me.

I wish I had the 9 dollars to get the AdFree membership but in Venezuela we have currency exchange control (or whatever it's called) and we only have 400$ per year we can spend on internet shopping, which I did few moths ago. Blame my president.

Cheers!

In post 3 there is a changelog which will answer your question. :)

P

Guest mparack

Paul,

could you please confirm if GR4 can be installed with the latest version of CWM installed through ROM Manager or do we have to use your CWM version?

Just waiting for my membership upgrade to be completed and then I can bake a ROM.

Thanks,

Guest el_Charlie

In post 3 there is a changelog which will answer your question. :)

P

I did. That's why I'm asking.

For what I can tell, only the popup of battery full is the change that applies to the stock prebak because the other changes applies when you cook your own ROM.

So, I'd better stay with yesterday's prebake because I like stock-like ROMS with stock kernel.

Cheers!

Guest brunoli

Hi,

everything's ok now. Fantastic ROM..

I installed GGB theme. It looks nice but I would like to have the circular battery icon with %.

Is there a .zip to apply to only modify that ?

Guest Madsen Felipe

I can confirm that its something wrong with baseband:

TIM Operator:

Fr19 i get H icon on topbar and 3G connection stable (baseband 0725)

VIVO Operator

Fr19 i get H icon on topbar and 3G connection stable (baseband 0725)

--

TIM Operator:

Gr4 i dont get H icon (just 3g) on topbar and 3G connection so much instable (baseband 0622 for gb)

VIVO Operator:

Gr4 i get H icon on topbar and 3G connection a little less stable (baseband 0622 for gb)

Paul, it's possible to take a look on that? I really want to use gr4 as daily, but i don't want to abbidicate 3G/HSDPA connection.

Guest el_Charlie

Paul,

could you please confirm if GR4 can be installed with the latest version of CWM installed through ROM Manager or do we have to use your CWM version?

Just waiting for my membership upgrade to be completed and then I can bake a ROM.

Thanks,

I used the ROM Manager's CWM with no issues.

But I'm not using ROM Manager anymore. I just rebooted on recovery to flash GR4.

Cheers!

Guest RedeemerSK

Flashed Gr4 few minutes ago, so far it's running gr8. Calls, data, speed, gps, wifi, FM radio, camera, everything works. Hopefully battery consumption will be OK too (made only one BB update in the past, to 662, and it was without complications and brought improvement in battery life).

Only thing that does not work in comparison to Froyo stock / FR19 (from which I'm coming) is that I can't add LG widgets to custom launchers (not listed in widgets as they were before).

I will try to investigate / fix it tomorrow by myself (tinkering with launcher's own data as I see it now), but maybe someone can give me a hint or an advice.

Still, gr8 ROM, Thx for that. ;)

EDIT: thx to baztardo for solution

Edited by RedeemerSK

Guest baztardo

Only thing that does not work in comparison to Froyo stock / FR19 (from which I'm coming) is that I can't add LG widgets to custom launchers (not listed in widgets as they were before).

I will try to investigate / fix it tomorrow by myself (tinkering with launcher's own data as I see it now), but maybe someone can give me a hint or an advice.

Still, gr8 ROM, Thx for that. ;)

You can try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780828

For me it works great!

Guest IzzyStradlin

Hi everyone.. My Home button still does not work. Here are the steps I did (coming from GR3), please let me know if I missed something:

1. Reboot in to recovery using ROM manager

2. Wipe cache partition and dalvick

3. Install zip (baked) from SD card

4. Reboot system

I have seen comments from above saying FC (not familiar what that is) and finishing setup wizard.. I'm not quite sure about the setup wizard since those are the just the steps that I made.

Did I miss something here to have the Home button not working? Thanks in advance!

Edited by IzzyStradlin

Guest IzzyStradlin

That can sometimes happen if you don't finish the setup wizard apparently?

P

Hi Paul - sorry for the noob question, but how do you finish the setup wizard? After installing the zip from SD card, I just select the "Reboot system now" option from the Recovery mode options.. Did I miss something? Thanks!

Guest Brembo109

Okay here i am again with the tethering problem. Tethering is not working with gr4 stock kernel (other kernel not tested). The PC cant find the driver, but they are installed. Mass-storage-mode is working and tethering worked before on CM7 with the same PC.

Another problem is the unstable network connection with 725 GB BB, i used the same on CM7 and i had a much better connectivity with higher signal strength. Also signal indicator in statusbar is flickering when loading packages. Any suggestions? Edit: just one more question :-P. is there any hidden energy saver mode in this rom, like only connecting to H when data is used, and connecting to 3g if not used (and "2g only" disabled) ? That would let me understand some signal strangeness.

Edited by Brembo109

Guest YourMother1972

i may have found an issue, i can't access the Wifi settings (e.g. showing me the available networks etc.).

Can someone check if they have the same problem? I use the MCR kernel.

Guest Tsaglis

Hi Paul - sorry for the noob question, but how do you finish the setup wizard? After installing the zip from SD card, I just select the "Reboot system now" option from the Recovery mode options.. Did I miss something? Thanks!

The setup of your google account. You have to finish the wizzard when the phone starts.

Okay here i am again with the tethering problem. Tethering is not working with gr4 stock kernel (other kernel not tested). The PC cant find the driver, but they are installed. Mass-storage-mode is working and tethering worked before on CM7 with the same PC.

Another problem is the unstable network connection with 725 GB BB, i used the same on CM7 and i had a much better connectivity with higher signal strength. Also signal indicator in statusbar is flickering when loading packages. Any suggestions? Edit: just one more question :-P. is there any hidden energy saver mode in this rom, like only connecting to H when data is used, and connecting to 3g if not used (and "2g only" disabled) ? That would let me understand some signal strangeness.

If it's appearing in device manager, it sounds like it's 'working', you just don't have the right driver?

re: HSPA, HSPA is always only 'used' when you are transferring data...

P

i may have found an issue, i can't access the Wifi settings (e.g. showing me the available networks etc.).

Can someone check if they have the same problem? I use the MCR kernel.

Working OK here...

P

Guest c.joenie

both Wifi and HSPA are working here as well.

Paul, I was wondering: do you know whether we will get ICS on our O2X?

Edited by c.joenie

both Wifi and HSPA are working here as well.

Paul, I was wondering: do you know whether we will get ICS on our O2X?

Unknown. Given LG's track record though, I wouldn't expect it any time soon!

P

Guest Brembo109

If it's appearing in device manager, it sounds like it's 'working', you just don't have the right driver?

re: HSPA, HSPA is always only 'used' when you are transferring data...

P

Okay thanks Paul, i will search for other drivers witch make it work. Before it worked with the installed. Thanks for your quick reply ;-)

Morning all :-)

Paul, two questions for you before I start baking ...

1) Where can I read about the changes in your MCK r24 kernel compared to the stock kernel? I would like to know the differences so I can decide which to use.

2) I am using the 823 baseband. Is that not a GB baseband? If not, I should then use 725 or 622, then?

Thanks.