20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest René Klunder

Anil, when I used smartflash's "wipe" function [*PC+LGsoftware* is horrible*] to flash bb725-

(From stock 405/10a-2.21 to 2.2

2 -> 10b)

-it was only after 3 bb&wipes (725/622/725) & a full wipe from Paul's #back2ext3,zip has immediately improved batterylife/call-quality/connectivity-as in ping-m.secs) CPU (low) is very best on 725/10d (KPN-Netherlands anyway)

Guest HAL_9000

Everything works great so far. I flashed Vanilla prebake. Bugs from Gr3 are gone and speed is amazing.B) I think that we can't expect more from final LG release.

Thanks Paul !

Guest MaxEigelb

Hi.

Just wondering what you mean when writing that batterylife is fantastic?? Do you charge every 1,2 or 3 days?? I have to charge 1 or 2 times pr 24 hours depending on usage, not depending on rom or kernel :mellow:

Hi SuperSkill,

i dropped the illusion of recharging every two or even more days a long time ago.

Todays "smart" phones - at least mine :) - are constantly busy. (with near the power of desktop systems)

Checking emails, social networking, cloud syncing, news and weather updates, bla, bla, bla..

And on top of that, i do phone calls sometimes :)

I agree, that usage is the bigger factor - but i clearly see differences btw. different roms.

And the kernel - for example HP - can be very helpful saving energy with a little uv.

Max

Guest chong01

Baked GR4 with stock lockscreen. The head of the sliders don't grey out when grabbed. Paul can you fix this please?

Hmm, that's strange, i'll have a look.

P

Hi Paul, did you manage to replicate this bug? :)

Guest Dzhedaj

Installed with 725, baked to personal preferences. strangely the home and search buttons dont work. made any recent changes, Paul?

You skipped the initial setup wizard on first boot.

Guest lap33733

there's a fix in the GR3 thread which i used :).

Paul, I was wondering: can you port the ICS photo app to our rom?

Gr3 thread is dead, can you provide a link for me? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Guest MacAllan

I'm on prebake stock and Neoblaze 280911 kernel.

When booting the phone it stay on Modaco logo for about 2 min before starting up, is this a ROM or a kernel issue?

Guest SuperSkill

Hi SuperSkill,

i dropped the illusion of recharging every two or even more days a long time ago.

Todays "smart" phones - at least mine :) - are constantly busy. (with near the power of desktop systems)

Checking emails, social networking, cloud syncing, news and weather updates, bla, bla, bla..

And on top of that, i do phone calls sometimes :)

I agree, that usage is the bigger factor - but i clearly see differences btw. different roms.

And the kernel - for example HP - can be very helpful saving energy with a little uv.

Max

Exactly, we do agree, recharge when needed, use as wanted, and hp kernel is a good choicerolleyes.gif

SuperSkill

Guest Brembo109
I'm on prebake stock and Neoblaze 280911 kernel.

When booting the phone it stay on Modaco logo for about 2 min before starting up, is this a ROM or a kernel issue?

It's an kernel issue, best choice is stock kernel with this rom.

Hi Paul

Are there any changes in the GPS part between GR3 and GR4?

Because on GR3 I had the fastest fix of all roms I have tested, but only when on mobile network (T-Mobile Germany). On wireless lan, alfter cleaning the aiding data, I could only get a fix when on the outside and after several minutes, but that was OK for me.

Now on GR4 with the exact same settings, I get the same slow fix, even when connected to mobile network. On GR3, I also could see some data traffic after starting GPS, which is gone now on GR4, so I assume, the phone now is getting no aiding data at all.

Both are on stock kernel. Tried GR4 with and without GPS-fix, but no change.

So atm GPS is completely unusable :(

EDIT: Strange, now it works again as it did in GR3. Maybe it was an error of the T-Mobile servers?

Edited by Riemen

Guest rgomesf

Gr4 + Stock Kernel + 725 + battery percentage mod = Great 2X

Only one small thing missing : Camera Mod with improved Pic/Vid quality for 20j

A final request: is it possible to make the new LG UI 2.0 widgets (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1244285) work with 20j? Most of them get FCs..

This is the best 2X rom :)

Edited by rgomesf

Guest mparack

Anyone having problems with Stock LG contacts? I can't seem to create a google contact using the phone. Can create a LG PC Suite contact but not a google one.

Edit: Seems a bit hit and miss as I can't create a new LG PC Suite contact now either after a reboot. Had frozen 3 apps (Car home, Car Home Widget and Email). Tried unfreezing as well but still the same!

EditAgain: Silly mistake. Contacts>Menu>More>Display Options> select all google contacts

Edited by mparack

Anyone managed to get http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ to work on Gr4? Every time I upload the framework and systemui files and bake it errors on flashing. Looked in the kitchen list but there's nothing that looks like Modaco to select. :(

sometimes UOT doesn't work, just retry the day after :)

I made my custom battery some day ago, all went ok.

just remember to set "optimus type" in the pull-down menu of the uploading tab

Guest Brembo109

Hey I have a question about the GB theme with toggle buttons only, is it normal that the toggle buttons are stock lg style and not gb style. Can't see this on Screenshots on first post. Also the headphone icon is stock style. Thanks to all

post-912121-131935186624_thumb.jpg

Guest maniac2003

My screen looks like your screen, I chose these options before baking:

- Gingerbread stock theme - Toggle Buttons only

- LG standard theme - Toggle Buttons Only

Question from my side, how to switch themes. Couldn't find a decent answer.