20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lap33733

Hi Paul

Are there any changes in the GPS part between GR3 and GR4?

Because on GR3 I had the fastest fix of all roms I have tested, but only when on mobile network (T-Mobile Germany). On wireless lan, alfter cleaning the aiding data, I could only get a fix when on the outside and after several minutes, but that was OK for me.

Now on GR4 with the exact same settings, I get the same slow fix, even when connected to mobile network. On GR3, I also could see some data traffic after starting GPS, which is gone now on GR4, so I assume, the phone now is getting no aiding data at all.

Both are on stock kernel. Tried GR4 with and without GPS-fix, but no change.

So atm GPS is completely unusable :(

I have followed previous tip, used GR3 GPS fix and fixed it. But I have another bug, phone network sometimes stops working. Can't receive or make calls. Returns after reboot. Anyone having same problem?

Guest Brembo109
My screen looks like your screen, I chose these options before baking:

- Gingerbread stock theme - Toggle Buttons only

- LG standard theme - Toggle Buttons Only

Question from my side, how to switch themes. Couldn't find a decent answer.

You can only choose one theme in the kitchen to bake. And switching themes only by flashing new rom with other theme.

Guest maniac2003

You can only choose one theme in the kitchen to bake. And switching themes only by flashing new rom with other theme.

Aha, thanks for explaining.

Guest Diskbox

That worked finally, thanks Stegg

sometimes UOT doesn't work, just retry the day after :)

I made my custom battery some day ago, all went ok.

just remember to set "optimus type" in the pull-down menu of the uploading tab

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hi all, this is definitely the best GB rom ive tried till now, fast n stable. Ive been having an issue that probably is not directly connected w this ROM but since im on it atm, maybe someone (Paul? :) ) would have heard something about it.. It seems that after some time of inactivity, the phone is losing radio connectivity, even though i still get a full 4-bar signal (2G). Almost every day when i wake up, i try to make a phonecall and i get a message saying 'Reorganizing internal processes. Please try again after a short while'. When this happens, i obviously cannot make any calls, but if i call my number it goes straight to the answering machine, meaning that the phone has been disconnected from the network. A reboot fixes the issue, but i obviously cannot live w that, since i practically have to check (by trying to make a call) all the time whether the phone works or not. Ive been having this sort of 'broken radio' issue w v20e leak and BB 725 (AUG 2) and now w Gr4 vanilla prebake and BB 622. Has anyone ever come across this or some similar behavior w this or other ROMs? Could it be that this is (god forbid) a hardware issue? All help will be honestly greatly appreciated, since its a huge problem that needs to be overcome if im gonna be using this phone in the future. Thanx in advance

Peace

EDIT: Also, just like others have mentioned i do sometimes get problems with my HSPA data connection that seems to come and go even though i live well within the urban limits of a city where my signal is 3-4 bars (3G) always. Just thought i should mention that as well..

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest mparack

Hi all, this is definitely the best GB rom ive tried till now, fast n stable. Ive been having an issue that probably is not directly connected w this ROM but since im on it atm, maybe someone (Paul? :) ) would have heard something about it.. It seems that after some time of inactivity, the phone is losing radio connectivity, even though i still get a full 4-bar signal (2G). Almost every day when i wake up, i try to make a phonecall and i get a message saying 'Reorganizing internal processes. Please try again after a short while'. When this happens, i obviously cannot make any calls, but if i call my number it goes straight to the answering machine, meaning that the phone has been disconnected from the network. A reboot fixes the issue, but i obviously cannot live w that, since i practically have to check (by trying to make a call) all the time whether the phone works or not. Ive been having this sort of 'broken radio' issue w v20e leak and BB 725 (AUG 2) and now w Gr4 vanilla prebake and BB 622. Has anyone ever come across this or some similar behavior w this or other ROMs? Could it be that this is (god forbid) a hardware issue? All help will be honestly greatly appreciated, since its a huge problem that needs to be overcome if im gonna be using this phone in the future. Thanx in advance

Peace

EDIT: Also, just like others have mentioned i do sometimes get problems with my HSPA data connection that seems to come and go even though i live well within the urban limits of a city where my signal is 3-4 bars (3G) always. Just thought i should mention that as well..

I can confirm I have had this issue once after flashing GR4 with BB725 and Stock Kernel too.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

I can confirm I have had this issue once after flashing GR4 with BB725 and Stock Kernel too.

If this has happened to u at least once, i would suggest that you frequently check if your phone is actually connected to the cell network by attempting a phonecall to your - for example - land line. What ive noticed (as mentioned above) is that the phone is actually 'disconnected' even though u get a full 4-bar signal.

Guest davey4444

Yep the same from me too in regards to the network disconnects. I'm using the baseband listed in the first post and nothing seems wrong ril-wise.

Going into and out of airplane mode mostly works but sometimes only a reboot will do.

Such a shame that such a fundamental function is broken.

Guest RedeemerSK

Mine does loose signal too. I often find out by data not working what is singnaled by absence of down/up data traffic buttons under the connection type (E / 3G / H).

However, I am lucky to always recover without rebooting, just by switching radio to 2G only and back, folowed by disabling and reanabling data traffic (that checkbox in settings).

Also BB 725, also stock kernel.

Edited by RedeemerSK

Guest mparack

Guys just out of interest how much free memory do you have with this ROM? I barely get above 100MB free, as opposed to much more with stock V10D though no complaints as the phone its much faster now.

Guest lap33733

Peace

This is exactly the same simptoms I'm having. Baseband 725 from first post. Only when I need to make a phone call I see it has been hang for a while. Have you test the other baseband?

Edited by lap33733

Guest moonie17

Hi all,

Been busy recently so haven't had the chance to jump on Gr4 yet, still on Gr3 and wondering if a wipe is still necessary when upgrading?

Cheers all.

Guest zwingel

This is exactly the same simptoms I'm having. Baseband 725 from first post. Only when I need to make a phone call I see it has been hang for a while. Have you test the other baseband?

i have the same issue... phone cell connection hooks up... only reboot helps.

my girlfriend ist getting angry.. cant call and send sms.. but icon says signal ok

i'm using the bb linked in the first post.

seems to be an ugly bug...

greets

Guest RedeemerSK

Guys just out of interest how much free memory do you have with this ROM? I barely get above 100MB free, as opposed to much more with stock V10D though no complaints as the phone its much faster now.

Same for me ... but I don't see less free memory an issue, it's there to be used. What annoys me is that my launcher (GOLauncher Ex, gets oom adj value from 4 to 7 afaik) gets killed a lot / often. It's with stock OOM values : 6 / 8 / 20 / 36 / 48 / 60 MB | 0,1,2,4,7,15 scores. Tried the init.d adjustment script that is floating around, but it looks like it's not getting executed.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

well it seems there is a few of us having this issue, but im not sure its rom related. had it on v20e stock, but not on cm7 if i recall correctly. On v20e i also tried different rils which helped a bit w data but didnt solve the problem. Maybe a different bb/ril combi, who knows.. Big problem indeed

Guest chong01

Also having data issues on Gr4 stock kernel, and the baseband in the first post.

Been 2 times already: I charge the phone overnight, and the network icons will become permanently white the next morning. The Up/Down arrows will not light up at all, even when running an app that tries to access the internet.

FYI, I live at a place where GSM is much stronger than 3G, and it's normal to see the phone sometimes toggle between the two, even without moving around.

Today I surfed the net at home, then traveled to work. When I reached office, the network icon was frozen white again. Toggling 2G and Data did not work, and eventually toggling to airplane mode twice brought it back to life (first attempt did not complete).

I've attached radio logcats of 2 cases where the network icon is frozen white:

1. http://pastebin.com/RAWRwVrV
  2. http://pastebin.com/uyym8sW9
Edited by chong01

Guest Ximo F. Verde

OK, tried (in order):

• switching to Airplane mode and back again (twice)
  • disabling and re-enabling network data
  • switching to 2G and back
  • disabling and re-enabling network data (again)

None of which worked.

Alogcat attached.

Can you briefly explain how you got this logcat? Do you run (for example) catlog, let it run for the night and then do the tests you mention on this post? I had this issue again (like always) this morning, showing 4-bar signal but disconnected with 'reorganising internal processes..' message when trying to make a call, which this time managed to fix without a reboot by toggling 2G/3G and data on/off (doesnt always work).

Guest rasta666

Same network error. The network icons turn grey, Says no data connectivity, happens after some period of phone being inactive during the day , or after sleep in the morning.

Changing data on/off and selecting 2g/3g and airplane mode does not help.

Tip: going to network manual selection, scanning networks and then (I select a wrong network),then it automatically reverts to automatic selection, connects to my network and the data works.

Setup:

725 baseband from first page,

Ril: 0725 (20i leak -Swisscom) .

GR4+ extreme edition

HP RC4 kernel.

Tried:

0725 (20j leak)-same issue

0622 (20a - Gingerbread leak) same issue- only Gprs icon (G), network data instability

0725 (20i leak -Swisscom) same issue, using currently, gives me best network datastability

Also, I uninstalled the "Toggle 2G Settings" to check if switching causes this issue. Does not help.

Edited by rasta666

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Same network error. The network icons turn grey, Says no data connectivity, happens after some period of phone being inactive during the day , or after sleep in the morning.

Changing data on/off and selecting 2g/3g and airplane mode does not help.

Tip: going to network manual selection, scanning networks and then (I select a wrong network),then it automatically reverts to automatic selection, connects to my network and the data works.

Setup:

725 baseband from first page,

Ril: 0725 (20i leak -Swisscom) .

GR4+ extreme edition

HP RC4 kernel.

Tried:

0725 (20j leak)-same issue

0622 (20a - Gingerbread leak) same issue- only Gprs icon (G), network data instability

0725 (20i leak -Swisscom) same issue, using currently, gives me best network datastability

I can confirm this (as well as the above mentioned). 3G data will stop after a long time of inactivity w network icon turning grey (meaning not connected w google servers, or any for the matter)

sweet rom! :D best battery duration, I get 2 days with 2g selected.

a couple of glitches:

1) launcher has no settings page, ie I can't change anything in launcher

2) init.d doesn't work

(version: base+extreme)

Guest davey4444

Same for me ... but I don't see less free memory an issue, it's there to be used. What annoys me is that my launcher (GOLauncher Ex, gets oom adj value from 4 to 7 afaik) gets killed a lot / often. It's with stock OOM values : 6 / 8 / 20 / 36 / 48 / 60 MB | 0,1,2,4,7,15 scores. Tried the init.d adjustment script that is floating around, but it looks like it's not getting executed.

Have you tried the supercharger script from xda? I've used it for the last day and so far no launcher redraws.