20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nardo86

i had connectivity problems when using "Toggle2g", it seems that after some switching data can't transfer anymore. now disabling auto toggle and keeping 3g network in GSM auto (PRL) data transfer works well

avevo problemi di connessione quando usavo Toogle2G, sembra che dopo qualche switch i dati non potessero più essere trasferiti. Ora disabilitanto il toggle automatico e mantentendo la rete 3g in GSM auto (PRL) il trasferimento dati funziona bene

GR4 from GR3

Working great, stable and not thirsty of battery.

GR4 from kitchen

- backup

- factory reset

- BB 0725

- RIL 0725(V20J, Europe)

- i had to use "back to ext3" from topogigi to get rid of "simlock" bootloop (cache partition in ext3 probably)

- installed neo blaze kernel

- battery calibration as usual

Very good to go!

i'm on H3G italy and no issues so far.

Edited by dcseek

Guest rasta666

i had connectivity problems when using "Toggle2g", it seems that after some switching data can't transfer anymore. now disabling auto toggle and keeping 3g network in GSM auto (PRL) data transfer works well

avevo problemi di connessione quando usavo Toogle2G, sembra che dopo qualche switch i dati non potessero più essere trasferiti. Ora disabilitanto il toggle automatico e mantentendo la rete 3g in GSM auto (PRL) il trasferimento dati funziona bene

I even uninstalled the 2G toggle, disabled the automatic switching before removing it, so there should not be any 2G switching settings that somehow remained active after uninstall (hopefully, unless there is some issue with settings being kept in the system regardless of selecting them in the 2g program, and then preventing the correct data network reconnects to 3g ).

Guest orangekid1

Hi,

Does anyone have a problem with the 3G data? I cannot get it to turn on.

Also notice that the GPS turns on automatically on startup and would like to not have it turn on (as it never did before).

Using Baseband ver 20110725.

Thanks.

Guest rasta666

Update on the 3G data connection issue.

The issue can be replicated by going to Phone Info (dial *#*#4636#*#*)

As soon as you enter the phone info, the network will disconnect and try to reconnect again, then the issue appears again (no data, grey icon, ping test fails), and you will see the "GPRS service" : connecting

-------DATA--------

State: connecting....

New tip for enabling data: scroll down and click "Turn off radio" button, than click the same button when it shows "Turn On Radio", the network will reconnect with working data connection.

GPRS service" : connected

------DATA--------

State: connected

#"apn info here"

I can confirm this (as well as the above mentioned). 3G data will stop after a long time of inactivity w network icon turning grey (meaning not connected w google servers, or any for the matter)

Same, almost, here

I previously had GB 622 baseband and didn't have these problems, ran getril which told me I had a mismatch and downloaded the 'correct' RIL, since then no data connectivity and no phone... so I flashed 725 from 1st post, and flashed GR4...

Now same or similar symptoms, lose data connectivity (icons go grey denoting no google login) have to got to network mobile settings and choose network operators and select automatic and data is then re-established.

several times over the weekend I have tried to call someone and screen goes black for several minutes...

and last but not least when using video mode on camera it hangs for several minutes when the recording is stopped before you get control back... sometimes it FC's as well... no zooming just plain old video recording. (it did record and save the video though).

Using Launcher Pro and it seems quite sluggish at times, phone seems to have periods where it goes slow.

I might go back to 622 and see if I still have these probs

Guest rasta666

So for now it seems to me that everybody that reported the issue are on 725 baseband from 1st page (somebody correct this if I am wrong), and the issue is reported with various kernels: stock,MCR, neoblaze and HP RC4, and various RILs.

Will have to try 622 baseband when I got the time and report back.

Now I remember that I had the same problem with pure stock LG 2.2.2. system (somewhat random, sometime 2 times a day, sometime no issue for days )

With 622 baseband and GR3 (stock and neoblaze 280911 kernel) did not have this issue,also various RILs.

So it could be a baseband issue or something to do with the 2g toggle addition to the rom.

Edited by rasta666

Guest RedeemerSK

Have you tried the supercharger script from xda? I've used it for the last day and so far no launcher redraws.

Nope, I've tried only This one with no success. UPDATE: Reading through it's xda forum, I see that Gr4 baked with stock kernel does not support init.d. Mystery solved.

Looking at supercharger's thread on xda it kinda feels like shitty leaflet marketing bloated with flashy headlines, abuse of type styles and "what our customers say" bs going on ...

Edited by RedeemerSK

Nope, I've tried only This one with no success. UPDATE: Reading through it's xda forum, I see that Gr4 baked with stock kernel does not support init.d. Mystery solved.

Looking at supercharger's thread on xda it kinda feels like shitty leaflet marketing bloated with flashy headlines, abuse of type styles and "what our customers say" bs going on ...

Gr4 baked with stock kernel certainly should support init.d...?

P

I just double checked and init.d support is in there...?

P

Guest HariSeldon85

Paul,

I've just extended my account to use online kitchen.

May I suggest 2 important features for the modaco experimental kernel?

1) Overclock

2) Voodoo sound.

Sound is really orrible, and I can't OC my cpu.

I think this 2 features are really BASIC, and is what everyone is expecting from a custom kernel...don't you agree?

By the way, thanks for your work! :)

HS

P.S.:

In the kitchen if i select "lg widgets" then I can't see and use them....may i had to use the lg stock launcher to use them?

Edited by HariSeldon85

I don't expect OC from a custom kernel, I don't OC. ;)

Voodoo sound would definitely be a nice to have, although it's probably not worth spending too much time on the kernel until we get the V20 source so everything works right...?

P

Guest Kostja_V
14 Oct 11:25
  • Fixed init.d not processing correctly in stock kernel boot.img

After this, everything is perfect with init.d support on stock kernel.

By the way, Voodoo Control Plus works on stock kernel too, with some changes in build.prop (Were discribed in V20I topic.)

Edited by Kostja_V

Guest Trym Hansen

I just double checked and init.d support is in there...?

P

Then you have added the required line to init.rc in the the kernel ramdisk-script at some point. I was the one researching this, and the "start sysinit" line was definitely missing from the ramdisk init.rc script in GR4 some days back.(If baked with the stock kernel that is. If baked with custom kernel it was there.)

Besides, it also looks like you didn't remove the dalvik-wipe lines from the init.tegra.rc when baked with a stock kernel.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Then you have added the required line to init.rc in the the kernel ramdisk-script at some point. I was the one researching this, and the "start sysinit" line was definitely missing from the ramdisk init.rc script in GR4 some days back.(If baked with the stock kernel that is. If baked with custom kernel it was there.)

Besides, it also looks like you didn't remove the dalvik-wipe lines from the init.tegra.rc when baked with a stock kernel.

You have an old version at a guess

Stock kernel init.rc:

start sysinit

on property:mcr.filesystem.ready=1

class_start default[/code]
[code]# Execute files in /etc/init.d before booting
service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
disabled
oneshot

Also, there is no need to remove the dalvik-cache wipe lines when using the stock kernel as the property works properly, the lines only need removing with custom kernels.

P

Guest HariSeldon85

I don't expect OC from a custom kernel, I don't OC. ;)

Voodoo sound would definitely be a nice to have, although it's probably not worth spending too much time on the kernel until we get the V20 source so everything works right...?

P

thnaks for the answer :)

OC is obviosly is not mandatory, but our device can increase up to 1.2 ghz, without increse voltage and without any drain of battery. I think is a good feature to have.

I definitly agree with you that we can wait for the official kernel sources (of the stable release) before to add any new feature.

I thought that taking the neoblaze sources was easy to port voodoo sound. But obviously i'm wrong...

Voodoo sound by the way is a mandatory feature to have: with default audio driver, sound is really bad. we can't hear in a good way all the words.

two last question: 725 or 622 baseband? what's you suggestion?

In the kitchen if i select "lg widgets" then I can't see and use them....may i had to use the lg stock launcher to use them?

Edited by HariSeldon85

Guest Kostja_V

Why do you think that these lines should be removed? Boot time is OK on the stock kernel even with them. But if somebody wants to update his kernel using AnyKernel, it's not a problem to install MCK before.

Edited by Kostja_V

Guest Trym Hansen

You have an old version at a guess

Stock kernel init.rc:

start sysinit

on property:mcr.filesystem.ready=1

class_start default
# Execute files in /etc/init.d before booting

service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

disabled

oneshot

Also, there is no need to remove the dalvik-cache wipe lines when using the stock kernel as the property works properly, the lines only need removing with custom kernels.

P

OK, then we conclude the init.d problem is fixed.

However, most kernel-installer scripts these days use the anykernel updater. It decompresses the existing kernel and takes the existing ramdisk and merges it with the new kernel. That means that after installing neoblaze or Horsepower, you still get the long boot times.

EDIT: You beat me to it, Kostja. Yes, they need to bake with a custom kernel if intending to replace the kernel. Not a problem if you know about it, but if you don't...

Edited by Trym Hansen

thnaks for the answer :)

OC is obviosly is not mandatory, but our device can increase up to 1.2 ghz, without increse voltage and without any drain of battery. I think is a good feature to have.

I definitly agree with you that we can wait for the official kernel sources (of the stable release) before to add any new feature.

I thought that taking the neoblaze sources was easy to port voodoo sound. But obviously i'm wrong...

Voodoo sound by the way is a mandatory feature to have: with default audio driver, sound is really bad. we can't hear in a good way all the words.

two last question: 725 or 622 baseband? what's you suggestion?

Yeah, adding Voodoosound is pretty straightforward. ;)

I use 725 baseband personally.

P

Guest HariSeldon85

Yeah, adding Voodoosound is pretty straightforward. ;)

I use 725 baseband personally.

P

good, ! :)

and about the lg calendar widget issue i've reported before?

EDIT: I've answered myself. To use LG WIDGET IS MANDATORY TO USE LG LAUNCHER.

(I think this is a bound that had to be specified in the kitchen)

Edited by HariSeldon85

You may also use the appwidgetpicker => http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780828

Using ES File Explorer as root to copy it under \system\apps

And you're done with the LG Widget.

Guest federicoc

No, this is not true; I'm using GO launcher EX and I'm able to use LG widgets; you have to install AppWidgetPicker and you'll be free! :-)

Look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780828

It is a good side effect of using such extension.

Ciao

F.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

So for now it seems to me that everybody that reported the issue are on 725 baseband from 1st page (somebody correct this if I am wrong), and the issue is reported with various kernels: stock,MCR, neoblaze and HP RC4, and various RILs.

Will have to try 622 baseband when I got the time and report back.

Now I remember that I had the same problem with pure stock LG 2.2.2. system (somewhat random, sometime 2 times a day, sometime no issue for days )

With 622 baseband and GR3 (stock and neoblaze 280911 kernel) did not have this issue,also various RILs.

So it could be a baseband issue or something to do with the 2g toggle addition to the rom.

This is not the case for everyone. As mentioned b4, i had network/data disconnecting with v20e (stock kernel) and 725BB (5 rils tested) as well as with Gr4 vanilla and 622BB (tested with 622 ril). So it must be something more than one faulty BB.