20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Update on the 3G data connection issue.

The issue can be replicated by going to Phone Info (dial *#*#4636#*#*)

As soon as you enter the phone info, the network will disconnect and try to reconnect again, then the issue appears again (no data, grey icon, ping test fails), and you will see the "GPRS service" : connecting

-------DATA--------

State: connecting....

New tip for enabling data: scroll down and click "Turn off radio" button, than click the same button when it shows "Turn On Radio", the network will reconnect with working data connection.

GPRS service" : connected

------DATA--------

State: connected

#"apn info here"

Tried it and it works. Fast way to wake data up, thanx.

Guest RedeemerSK

I just double checked and init.d support is in there...?

P

Sorry, my bad. I pushed the ramscript to /init.d manually without setting proper permissions (x).

Fixed it and now it works.

Guest Skull_NL

I had also problems with network connections on baseband 622.

It looks nice and all but i switched back to fr19, wich is rocking and gives me no problems at all ....very solid rom.

I'll wait for a final gb rom from lg with the sauce from paul over it.

Ciao

Guest rasta666

This is not the case for everyone. As mentioned b4, i had network/data disconnecting with v20e (stock kernel) and 725BB (5 rils tested) as well as with Gr4 vanilla and 622BB (tested with 622 ril). So it must be something more than one faulty BB.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Guest rasta666

OK, then we conclude the init.d problem is fixed.

However, most kernel-installer scripts these days use the anykernel updater. It decompresses the existing kernel and takes the existing ramdisk and merges it with the new kernel. That means that after installing neoblaze or Horsepower, you still get the long boot times.

EDIT: You beat me to it, Kostja. Yes, they need to bake with a custom kernel if intending to replace the kernel. Not a problem if you know about it, but if you don't...

So if You dont mind me asking, what are the lines that we need to edit (from and to what) to fix the boot issue if we come from a stock kernel and updated to HP or Neoblaze?

Any other recommended steps to take after stock to HP or Neoblaze?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Trym Hansen

So if You dont mind me asking, what are the lines that we need to edit (from and to what) to fix the boot issue if we come from a stock kernel and updated to HP or Neoblaze?

Any other recommended steps to take after stock to HP or Neoblaze?

Thanks in advance.

The lines we're talking about are these:

on property:dev.lge.ccd.cleanup=1

rm -Rf /data/dalvik-cache  

mkdir /data/dalvik-cache 0771 system system

chown system system /data/dalvik-cache

chmod 0771 /data/dalvik-cache

in the init.tegra.rc script in the ramdisk-image in the boot-image. Unfortunately editing those scripts is pretty involved, you need to uncompress the boot-image into its seperate parts, uncompress the ramdisk image, edit the files, and then put them all back together again. Believe me when I say it is much easier to download and install a version which already has those lines removed.

The only other advice I can give is to make sure you wipe dalvik-cache after installing or restoring a kernel.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest rasta666

in the init.tegra.rc script in the ramdisk-image in the boot-image. Unfortunately editing those scripts is pretty involved, you need to uncompress the boot-image into its seperate parts, uncompress the ramdisk image, edit the files, and then put them all back together again. Believe me when I say it is much easier to download and install a version which already has those lines removed.

The only other advice I can give is to make sure you wipe dalvik-cache after installing or restoring a kernel.

Thank You for the info, will look into this when on my linux box, since I dont have Paul s custom kernel, need to take a harder path (Android is such play and learn) :)

[/code]

Ah, I see the issue.

In that case, use a bake with the custom kernel, i'll comment those lines for stock in the next release.

P

Guest Peterfdevries

thnaks for the answer :)

OC is obviosly is not mandatory, but our device can increase up to 1.2 ghz, without increse voltage and without any drain of battery. I think is a good feature to have.

I definitly agree with you that we can wait for the official kernel sources (of the stable release) before to add any new feature.

I thought that taking the neoblaze sources was easy to port voodoo sound. But obviously i'm wrong...

Voodoo sound by the way is a mandatory feature to have: with default audio driver, sound is really bad. we can't hear in a good way all the words.

two last question: 725 or 622 baseband? what's you suggestion?

In the kitchen if i select "lg widgets" then I can't see and use them....may i had to use the lg stock launcher to use them?

I do can UV my processor, but only for 50 mV's. How did you manage to increase it to 1.2 Ghz without having to OV? PimpmyCPU hasn't got this possiblity so that makes me quite curious! :)

Guest HariSeldon85

I do can UV my processor, but only for 50 mV's. How did you manage to increase it to 1.2 Ghz without having to OV? PimpmyCPU hasn't got this possiblity so that makes me quite curious! :)

This is obviously not true.

If you had a kernel that support pimpmycpu, you can do whathever u want.

In this specific case, with neoblaze kernel, i've undervolted the 1.2ghz @ 1000mv . No crash so far...

Guest jordi08028

Ah, I see the issue.

In that case, use a bake with the custom kernel, i'll comment those lines for stock in the next release.

P

Sorry I'm asking about this again, but I'm not sure how to solve it:

I've installed GR4 prebake (core) + vanilla ed. Then installed Neoblaze. Now I'm having the long boot issue as mentioned few post above.

What should I do to fix this? Modifying boot-code myself is not an option because I'm not able to do this. Is there any kernel that I could install to solve this? If possible, I don't want to do a compelte install and then reinstall everything...

And, when installing a kernel, I do wipes before install. Is this correct? Or wipe should be done after installing?

Thanks

Edited by jordi08028

Sorry I'm asking about this again, but I'm not sure how to solve it:

I've installed GR4 prebake (core) + vanilla ed. Then installed Neoblaze. Now I'm having the long boot issue as mentioned few post above.

What should I do to fix this? Modifying boot-code myself is not an option because I'm not able to do this. Is there any kernel that I could install to solve this? If possible, I don't want to do a compelte install and then reinstall everything...

And, when installing a kernel, I do wipes before install. Is this correct? Or wipe should be done after installing?

Thanks

You need to install a version with a custom kernel not the stock kernel until I update the stock kernel boot image.

P

Guest reb00tz

I'm having the same problem, it just wont connect since I flashed GR4.

Hi guys: PC Suite wouldn't connect if they think the phone is "different"; you'll have to first "add" the phone in PC Suite for the phone to be recognized.

Guest reb00tz

Can you briefly explain how you got this logcat? Do you run (for example) catlog, let it run for the night and then do the tests you mention on this post? I had this issue again (like always) this morning, showing 4-bar signal but disconnected with 'reorganising internal processes..' message when trying to make a call, which this time managed to fix without a reboot by toggling 2G/3G and data on/off (doesnt always work).

I use alogcat off the phone itself; I'm not sure how it (or how it will) work, but I presume it simply reads the logs from the phone itself...

Therefore, I executed my actions, then ran alogcat to save the output.

Meanwhile, since yesterday, I have tried running alogcat with 15min dumps, but the phone didn't appear to experience the same issue last night after charging. Instead, it apparently decided to "semi-hard-hang" on me mid-day. LG Launcher didn't respond, nor did any button presses... Pressing the power button switch the screen off and back on, but without the log screen; furthermore, holding the power button didn't bring up the shut down menu. I ended up doing a battery pull.

If anyone's interested, I'll post the whole alogcat dumps...

This is a great ROM but I am also having the same problems as others with data connection dropping. I started with BB 622 and had the issue so changed to 725 and it still occurs on Orange UK.

Every 2/3 hours I notice that data is no longer working and switching to flight mode and back fixes this most times but sometimes after switching flight mode off I can only get 2G when I have strong 3G signal here. Other times after toggling flight mode it will connect to 3G but then keep dropping the connection altogether (not just data). Sometimes only a reboot fixes it.

Battery drain also seems to be back although I have installed the new hotmail app since I upgraded and have heard this could be using battery a lot.

Guest rasta666

This is a great ROM but I am also having the same problems as others with data connection dropping. I started with BB 622 and had the issue so changed to 725 and it still occurs on Orange UK.

Every 2/3 hours I notice that data is no longer working and switching to flight mode and back fixes this most times but sometimes after switching flight mode off I can only get 2G when I have strong 3G signal here. Other times after toggling flight mode it will connect to 3G but then keep dropping the connection altogether (not just data). Sometimes only a reboot fixes it.

Battery drain also seems to be back although I have installed the new hotmail app since I upgraded and have heard this could be using battery a lot.

I did not have a data disconnect since last night.The setup is same from few posts before:

725 baseband (1 st page), 20i swisscom RIL, GR4+extreme + HP Rc4 kernel.

As mentioned before, now i suspect the 2G toggle incorporated in the ROM is the culprit. (Probably LG fault in network reconnects, but caused/activated by the 2G toggle settings) (I had a similar issue on stock 2.2.2- i had some kind of "APN On/Off" widget)

Changes I did last night:

1. reinstalled the 2G toggle settings, and activated "Auto manage 2G/3G"

2.Ticked "2G when sleep, set it to max value"

3. "2G when low battery" ticked

4. "2G when Wifi enabled" ticked

5. "No 2G When network Used" ticked

6. "Switch when charging" NOT ticked

7. "2G network" - selected "WCDMA preffered (3G/2G)"

8. "3G network" - selected "WCDMA preffered (3G/2G)"

9. Deactivated "Auto manage 2G/3G" to disable the switching.

In "Mobile network settings" "Network mode" is GSM/WCDMA auto mode.

Additionally in Phone Info I disabled "Fast dormancy", seems my network does not use it anyway (this is surely not related to this issue, but I mention it anyway)

You can try this steps mentioned above and report if this helped. Good luck.

P.S. Now waiting for Paul to upgrade my membership status so I can cook my ROMs (finally found a way to make a payment) :)

EDIT: Damn! Just happened again after going to the 2G settings to read my setup and after screen went off.

EDIT2: And again as soon I enabled and disabled "Auto manage 2G/3G"

Edited by rasta666

Guest Ferrum Master

Mates, I have a interesting question to you all.

In which part part of the OS are hardware controls for the headset defined? I've tried a bunch of different headsets and for none of them track seek functions work. :(

Could some pinpoint where to dig? At least the parameters and timing/voltage settings, in order to figure out at hardware level for headphones in order to mod them accordingly as LG have planned for their hardware.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

I did not have a data disconnect since last night.The setup is same from few posts before:

725 baseband (1 st page), 20i swisscom RIL, GR4+extreme + HP Rc4 kernel.

As mentioned before, now i suspect the 2G toggle incorporated in the ROM is the culprit. (Probably LG fault in network reconnects, but caused/activated by the 2G toggle settings) (I had a similar issue on stock 2.2.2- i had some kind of "APN On/Off" widget)

Changes I did last night:

1. reinstalled the 2G toggle settings, and activated "Auto manage 2G/3G"

2.Ticked "2G when sleep, set it to max value"

3. "2G when low battery" ticked

4. "2G when Wifi enabled" ticked

5. "No 2G When network Used" ticked

6. "Switch when charging" NOT ticked

7. "2G network" - selected "WCDMA preffered (3G/2G)"

8. "3G network" - selected "WCDMA preffered (3G/2G)"

9. Deactivated "Auto manage 2G/3G" to disable the switching.

In "Mobile network settings" "Network mode" is GSM/WCDMA auto mode.

Additionally in Phone Info I disabled "Fast dormancy", seems my network does not use it anyway (this is surely not related to this issue, but I mention it anyway)

You can try this steps mentioned above and report if this helped. Good luck.

P.S. Now waiting for Paul to upgrade my membership status so I can cook my ROMs (finally found a way to make a payment) :)

EDIT: Damn! Just happened again after going to the 2G settings to read my setup and after screen went off.

EDIT2: And again as soon I enabled and disabled "Auto manage 2G/3G"

Thanx for all the info rasta, i was keen on leaving as much as possible in stock form because it seems like a better approach to finding whats wrong and because.. well.. im really really tired of messing w my phone every day. Unfortunately its not an issue that everyone (or most) have so i dont expect any expert advice/help and given the fact that i dont really have the dev knowledge, there's not much i can personally do about it. Im slowly giving up on this phone, but since im stuck with it for the foreseeable future, ill just have to wait n hope. By all means, if i come up w something ill let everybody know and hopefully something will get done finaly.

Laters

Guest rasta666

Thanx for all the info rasta, i was keen on leaving as much as possible in stock form because it seems like a better approach to finding whats wrong and because.. well.. im really really tired of messing w my phone every day. Unfortunately its not an issue that everyone (or most) have so i dont expect any expert advice/help and given the fact that i dont really have the dev knowledge, there's not much i can personally do about it. Im slowly giving up on this phone, but since im stuck with it for the foreseeable future, ill just have to wait n hope. By all means, if i come up w something ill let everybody know and hopefully something will get done finaly.

Laters

No problem.When I get my account upgrade I will try to bake a rom without the 2G settings,and post an update if this solves the issue.

For now it seems that every time I go near that settings,the issue happens. 2G/3G "live" switching is the issue, but on radio restart it connects ok. Did not happen to me in GR3,only GR4.

Guest Peterfdevries

This is obviously not true.

If you had a kernel that support pimpmycpu, you can do whathever u want.

In this specific case, with neoblaze kernel, i've undervolted the 1.2ghz @ 1000mv . No crash so far...

Tried that too with PimpmyCPU wich makes my phone reboot. Different batch of the processor? And I'm just unlucky? Thanks for responding by the way! ;)

PS: using the HP2X (RC3), could that make a difference? Guess not eh?

Edited by Peterfdevries

Guest david256y7

Thanx for all the info rasta, i was keen on leaving as much as possible in stock form because it seems like a better approach to finding whats wrong and because.. well.. im really really tired of messing w my phone every day.

The only solution I have found was to go back to V20E stock, I now have zero network dropouts and a phone that basically works like it should.

I don't understand why the V20J network dropout hasn't been fixed yet.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

The only solution I have found was to go back to V20E stock, I now have zero network dropouts and a phone that basically works like it should.

I don't understand why the V20J network dropout hasn't been fixed yet.

Well i was on v20e stock for some time, bb725 and 4-5 different ril's tried and i still had network/data dropouts just like i do now. What BB/ril are you on?

Guest lap33733

Well i was on v20e stock for some time, bb725 and 4-5 different ril's tried and i still had network/data dropouts just like i do now. What BB/ril are you on?

I've removed automatic network (manualy selected it) no hangs, 2 day's now. I will post updates.