20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rasta666

I've removed automatic network (manualy selected it) no hangs, 2 day's now. I will post updates.

Could be related, my network uses automatic national roaming (if needed switches to another operator, my network has an agreement with the other network provider to use their infrastructure). I have data disabled for roaming, but i did not see any notification about roaming (usually it was near the signal bar).

Is there such notification in GR4, i do not remember seeing it in the last few days?

For Ximo, judging by the name (Spanish?) could be the same thing, as Spanish / Brazil operators use national roaming a lot, even roaming in the same network when in other parts of town (i know it seems strange, but I worked in mobile telephony, and in Brazil the configuration of the SMSCs based on location is a real mess).

Maybe it helps as a workaround, but the issue remains unsolved.

I can add, that I did not have the data issue since reported yesterday, when messing with the 2G toggle settings (since then i changed the following options and disabled Auto manage 2G/3G" again:

UNticked "2G when sleep, set it to max value"

"2G when low battery" UNticked

"2G when Wifi enabled" Tticked )

2G network" - selected "WCDMA preffered (3G/2G)"

3G network" - selected "WCDMA only (3G)"

I tested in the phoneinfo menu (this activates the issue), the data problem still exists, but now I can get it to work with activating/deactivating WiFi, and for now it holds the data connection until I go to the 2G toggle settings.

Not sure if this leads anywhere, but works for me.

Guest HariSeldon85

Tried that too with PimpmyCPU wich makes my phone reboot. Different batch of the processor? And I'm just unlucky? Thanks for responding by the way! ;)

PS: using the HP2X (RC3), could that make a difference? Guess not eh?

Performance inprovement on 1.2 ghz, are noticeble but very little...

I can bet that i'm just lucky, not every phone can reach 1.2 ghz @ stock.

With my previous post i would only sa that this is possible ...

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, I havent seen it in posts so far;

I have two email addresses, both MS Exchange.

Since I flashed GR4, very often I go to email and it says there are no accounts setup, so I go though the setup again, and its fine for a while, new emails come in, I get notified and as soon as I want to look at an email, bang - all gone again.

I have re-flashed, wiped system/dalvic and reflashed, also factory reset still same issue.

Using either LG email as well as Google email, or just Google email same effect (except LG email can only do one exchange account)

I have installed exchange for android (Nitrodesk) that works fine,,,

following the problem with data disconnects, mine has stabilised since I reflashed without the 2g3g app... may be coincidence.

thanks

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Could be related, my network uses automatic national roaming (if needed switches to another operator, my network has an agreement with the other network provider to use their infrastructure). I have data disabled for roaming, but i did not see any notification about roaming (usually it was near the signal bar).

Is there such notification in GR4, i do not remember seeing it in the last few days?

For Ximo, judging by the name (Spanish?) could be the same thing, as Spanish / Brazil operators use national roaming a lot, even roaming in the same network when in other parts of town (i know it seems strange, but I worked in mobile telephony, and in Brazil the configuration of the SMSCs based on location is a real mess).

Maybe it helps as a workaround, but the issue remains unsolved.

I can add, that I did not have the data issue since reported yesterday, when messing with the 2G toggle settings (since then i changed the following options and disabled Auto manage 2G/3G" again:

UNticked "2G when sleep, set it to max value"

"2G when low battery" UNticked

"2G when Wifi enabled" Tticked )

2G network" - selected "WCDMA preffered (3G/2G)"

3G network" - selected "WCDMA only (3G)"

I tested in the phoneinfo menu (this activates the issue), the data problem still exists, but now I can get it to work with activating/deactivating WiFi, and for now it holds the data connection until I go to the 2G toggle settings.

Not sure if this leads anywhere, but works for me.

You are right about the data roaming issue, im on simyo (spain) and i have to have it checked in order to have data connection. Which version of toggle 2G have you flashed? I tried flashing toggle2G-update.zip from the xda page but didnt work.

EDIT: Even though not connected with this problem, i must note that i suffer from inconsistent readings on battery usage that are either delayed or simply wrong. The worst part is that more than once (actually quite frequently) after a reboot i get an huge battery drop, sometimes as big as 30%. Dont know what to make of this either....

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest rasta666

You are right about the data roaming issue, im on simyo (spain) and i have to have it checked in order to have data connection. Which version of toggle 2G have you flashed? I tried flashing toggle2G-update.zip from the xda page but didnt work.

EDIT: Even though not connected with this problem, i must note that i suffer from inconsistent readings on battery usage that are either delayed or simply wrong. The worst part is that more than once (actually quite frequently) after a reboot i get an huge battery drop, sometimes as big as 30%. Dont know what to make of this either....

I have the 2G toggle from the prebake of GR4, the one mentioned on first page in changelog.(Toggle2G by TheMasterBaron, integrated into the Settings application)

Now I am baking a ROM without the 2G toggle and I am hoping this will help, as it is my suspect. Glad to see that g6hoq s problem is gone, gives me hope :)

Will post updates after a while, leaving enough time to pass for testing.

For me the battery is great, it is stabilised after a few full cycles, today I lost 20% in about 8 hours of moderate use. I alwas wipe my battery stats in CWM after flashing and wait a few days before making a judgement on the battery, because first few days the life is shorter (and suprisingly long in the last 15% :) )

Booting always consumes battery, and I observed bigger drops in the graph when the battery is not yet fully calibrated.

P.S. Just had a first data drop after messing with the 2G toggle settings yesterday, using the latest settings from my post from today, so more then 24 hours, and the connection fixed itself in 2-3 minutes :)

Guest Ximo F. Verde

I have the 2G toggle from the prebake of GR4, the one mentioned on first page in changelog.(Toggle2G by TheMasterBaron, integrated into the Settings application)

Now I am baking a ROM without the 2G toggle and I am hoping this will help, as it is my suspect. Glad to see that g6hoq s problem is gone, gives me hope :)

For me the battery is great, it is stabilised after a few full cycles, today I lost 20% in about 8 hours of moderate use. I alwas wipe my battery stats in CWM after flashing and wait a few days before making a judgement on the battery, because first few days the life is shorter (and suprisingly long in the last 15% :) )

Booting always consumes battery, and I observed bigger drops in the graph when the battery is not yet fully calibrated.

P.S. Just had a first data drop after messing with the 2G toggle settings yesterday, using the latest settings from my post from today, so more then 24 hours, and the connection fixed itself in 2-3 minutes :)

Thanx for all the info and the time spent to answer my questions rasta, respec' (Ali G accent there). Just checked my settings, dont have toggle2g there, probably because im on vanilla prebake (or because im selectively blind, happens at times). I tried to flash it, but didnt work and i have to admit that i didnt quite understand TheMasterBaron's instructions in case this happens.. Im waiting for the phone to charge and ill repeat battery calibration when at 100%. Keep us updated with any more on this, ill see what else i can do bout it. Thanx Again

Guest tveitur

Hi

I'm having an issue when trying to install this ROM coming from CM7 (build 182).

What I did was first installing BB 0725 and then I wiped my device and installed a new baked version of this ROM. Installation goes fine but it will not boot but only loop on the LG logo. Tried installing the CM7 Rom again and that booted with out any problem. Then I wiped the device and tried re-installing an prevous MoDaCo GR4 rom I've used before but same problem again. Stuck on a looping LG logo.

Any idea on what I have done wrong?!... thanks.

Guest rasta666

Hi

I'm having an issue when trying to install this ROM coming from CM7 (build 182).

What I did was first installing BB 0725 and then I wiped my device and installed a new baked version of this ROM. Installation goes fine but it will not boot but only loop on the LG logo. Tried installing the CM7 Rom again and that booted with out any problem. Then I wiped the device and tried re-installing an prevous MoDaCo GR4 rom I've used before but same problem again. Stuck on a looping LG logo.

Since not sure if CM is EXT3 or EXT4 or which version of EXT You baked for GR4 I can only blindly suggest that You try "back to EXT3" from the first page of this thread, and then try installing again. Sometimes it helps even when going from EXT4 to EXT4, not sure why, but have seen it.

Guest MacAllan

Hi

CM7 is ext4 rom, you need to use "Back to ext3" before you flash this rom.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/336318-4-apr-r1-backtoext3-for-converting-your-device-er-back-to-ext3/

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hi

Doesnt CM7 use ext4? If this is the case you must convert back to ext3 b4 flashing Gr4. There is a tool for that, read the 'Requirements' in the 1st post.

Guest fredr33

Need help!

My phone will just freeze at "LG blue bar" when booting.

I came from FR15 (EXT4).

I've done the following:

#1, Downloaded prebake Gr4-update-modacocustomrom-2x-extreme.726d89272a5c81dfd156cd5bc8eac6ed.zip

#2, Downloaded 725 baseband (LGP990AT-00-V20c-EUR-XX-AUG-02-2011+0_CP.fls)

#3, Downloaded "Backtoext3".

#4, Upgraded my ClockworkMod to 4.0.0.5

#5, Applied 725 Baseband with Smartflash according to instructions (LGP990AT-00-V20c-EUR-XX-AUG-02-2011+0_CP.fls)

#6, Executed "Backtoext" from ClockworkMod menu.

#7, Installed GR4, no errors reported (at least not in Clockwork GUI).

#8, Wiped, re-installed

#9, Wiped, downloaded Gr4-update-modacocustomrom-2x-stock.d2fd1de293be20942faef8638377ee5c.zip and installed.

#10, Still no luck...

What should I try next?

/EDIT, managed to figure out how to retreive log details, it states "/system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory" in the recovery.log... I re-try with Backtoext3 again then and start from there, lets see.

Edited by fredr33

Guest lap33733

End of day 3, data and voice calls are still up, starting to believe is has something to do with toggle 2g

Guest SuperSkill

Hi

[/quote

Maybe try to bake with custom kernel for ext4:) I also had similar problem, with fr 19 i had to restore fear kills boot image. Just because of the kernel ;)

Guest SnowmanDK

Hi.

I am using the GR4 V20J R24 EXT3 with the NeoBlaze v2.6.32.9 and so far I have discovered the following:

Negative:

I have to have BOTH the LG and Google calendars installed, otherwise I can't add new appointments. The Google calendar alone can show what is already added to my calendar but I can't edit them or add new appointments.

The in-call sound is of a very low quality (very noisy). Sometimes it's very hard to make out what people are saying.

The speaker volume is low. Even at max volume, I have a hard time hearing the directions when using navigation, if there is just a bit of background noise.

Positive:

ROM is booting at a descent speed (less than a minute).

It's very stable. I run it for days (although I use softreboot's).

Speed is quite fine, even with the setting set for ~500 to ~1100mhz.

Battery easily lasts for a day, with what is normal usage for me (less when using navigation).

GPS gets a lock very fast.

Guest reb00tz

OK, just hit a new issue:

Took a video clip using the back camera, full HD. Played it back and left the phone to idle; screen turns off and subsequently nothing works until a battery pull.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

End of day 3, data and voice calls are still up, starting to believe is has something to do with toggle 2g

1st day i get up that the phone is working! Tried to make a call and no 'reorganising internal processes' message, call went through. It does have something to do with phone loosing cell connection after turning wifi off i believe. I did it last night, and right after i put the phone in airplane mode and off again and then went to phone info, turned radio off and on again (WCDMA Preferred). This even made the icons work properly again for some reason. In the morning i still had '3g w arrows' icon turnin to 'H' when i tried to connect with market but they remained white (no google connection) and no data was coming in or out. At phone info turned radio off and on again and data/icons/network are back on track.. Definetely an improvement, will be testing more.

Laters

Guest rasta666

Baked a ROM with MCK r24, and when flashing the HP RC4 , HP RC5 pre release, or Neoblaze kernel, I lost WiFi connectivity, there is no MAC address and in settings it says "Error" near the WiFi activation button.

I tried 2 different bakes and various combinations, always the same issue. Anybody has this issue or a solution?

Would really like to have HP for its smoothness,performance, OC and Voodoo sound.

When flashing with stock kernel and updating to HP, WiFi works, but again I have the long boot times (until Paul comments those lines for stock).

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Baked a ROM with MCK r24, and when flashing the HP RC4 , HP RC5 pre release, or Neoblaze kernel, I lost WiFi connectivity, there is no MAC address and in settings it says "Error" near the WiFi activation button.

I tried 2 different bakes and various combinations, always the same issue. Anybody has this issue or a solution?

Would really like to have HP for its smoothness,performance, OC and Voodoo sound.

When flashing with stock kernel and updating to HP, WiFi works, but again I have the long boot times (until Paul comments those lines for stock).

Can help on that im afraid, stock ROM on vanilla prebake here. Tried HP last week and everything except the long boot worked fine just like u mentioned

Guest rasta666

Can help on that im afraid, stock ROM on vanilla prebake here. Tried HP last week and everything except the long boot worked fine just like u mentioned

Now flashing with stock again, to install HP, have some other issues, will wait for Paul to update the line comments to fix the long boot, and all my problems should be gone by then.

Hope Your data issue will improve :)

EDIT:

Finally!

Converted to EXT3 (wiped all), installed GR4 with stock kernel + LG theme and programs (no 2G toggle settings installed). Data connection works, tried the phone info -data reconnects correctly after 10 seconds.

After that, i tried "universalEXT4converter" in cwm and converted the the ROM that is already installed, flashed HP RC5-test version.

Data connection still works, tried the phone info -data reconnects correctly after 10 seconds.

So Ximo, maybe the issue will improve if You try to flash again, You can try to follow my steps, but as somebody mentioned before it seems like a coincidence or random to get the data reconnects to work properly (so for me a win was since i removed the 2G toggle settings to prevent the switching, and now a lucky flash combination to fix the recconects).

Edited by rasta666

Guest rasta666

OK, just hit a new issue:

Took a video clip using the back camera, full HD. Played it back and left the phone to idle; screen turns off and subsequently nothing works until a battery pull.

I tried it now, first there was an issue when recording the video to test Your issue, the camera app froze, after a while it gave me the choice to FC, after selecting FC it was frozen a few minutes more, then the app crased/closed, and also the LG Wheather&Clock widget crashed.

On second test I managed to record a FullHD video, starting video from gallery- no problem, starting video from video app (pause & and letting the screen to sleep) froze my phone completely like You mentioned.

On GR4 + r24 kernel.

Now flashing with stock and updating to HP, will let You know how it goes.

EDIT:

Converted to EXT3, installed GR4 with stock kernel- tested recording, tested video player+sleep. Everything works fine.

After that, i tried "universalEXT4converter" in cwm and converted the the ROM that is already installed, flashed HP RC5-test version.

Tested the video issue again. Everything works fine.

Hope this helps.

Edited by rasta666

Guest dbbloke

I'm fed up with ROM's. Seems the only stable rom was FR19 and the original but updated LG one. At least plus membership got me some nice extras.

My problem with this ROM (and I'm probably fairly good at flashing roms and always seem to never have the problems of others)...

After half a day or a day or x hours, the phone will hang. It's as if the kernel is stuck and not yielding, latched or mutexed up.. Who knows. That or some combination of baked apps hange the phone. Every GR4 rom I've tried including r24 has had this problem. I guess it's a lot less agro than CM7 though. So back to stock or FR19 :(

Or can someone else swear they don't have random hangs lockups of this phone on gr4. Thanks for trying Paul, would be interesting to know why nobody can build a kernel, I thought nvidia put out some dev code a month or so ago.

I'm fed up with ROM's. Seems the only stable rom was FR19 and the original but updated LG one. At least plus membership got me some nice extras.

My problem with this ROM (and I'm probably fairly good at flashing roms and always seem to never have the problems of others)...

After half a day or a day or x hours, the phone will hang. It's as if the kernel is stuck and not yielding, latched or mutexed up.. Who knows. That or some combination of baked apps hange the phone. Every GR4 rom I've tried including r24 has had this problem. I guess it's a lot less agro than CM7 though. So back to stock or FR19 :(

Or can someone else swear they don't have random hangs lockups of this phone on gr4. Thanks for trying Paul, would be interesting to know why nobody can build a kernel, I thought nvidia put out some dev code a month or so ago.

There is no kernel source for the Gingerbread kernel from LG yet. That's why it's impossible to build a kernel at this time with 100% compatability with the stock kernel.

P

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Now flashing with stock again, to install HP, have some other issues, will wait for Paul to update the line comments to fix the long boot, and all my problems should be gone by then.

Hope Your data issue will improve :)

EDIT:

Finally!

Converted to EXT3 (wiped all), installed GR4 with stock kernel + LG theme and programs (no 2G toggle settings installed). Data connection works, tried the phone info -data reconnects correctly after 10 seconds.

Data connection still works, tried the phone info -data reconnects correctly after 10 seconds.

So Ximo, maybe the issue will improve if You try to flash again, You can try to follow my steps, but as somebody mentioned before it seems like a coincidence or random to get the data reconnects to work properly (so for me a win was since i removed the 2G toggle settings to prevent the switching, and now a lucky flash combination to fix the recconects).

Thanx for the update rasta, the phone has now managed to retain data/cell connection for >5h (since i turned off/on radio this morning), all icons work as they should. My setup is very similar to urs anyway, i installed (after full wipes, even sdcards) stock vanilla prebake and 2day is the 1st day of normallity :) Will be reporting if anything goes wrong. Thanx again