20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Am i the only one, who has the most left part of the screen non touch sensitive (lets say 2-3mm on the left side of the display) ? It can be seen when you write in landscape and press space or dot or something what you have on bottom. Really annoying to tap it again little bit higher frown.gif Im on Vanilla GR4 with stock kernel.

This is probably kernel related. Which kernel should i use, when i need most stable (not battery draining), fluid rom :)

Edited by skejpa

Guest rasta666

Am i the only one, who has the most left part of the screen non touch sensitive (lets say 2-3mm on the left side of the display) ? It can be seen when you write in landscape and press space or dot or something what you have on bottom. Really annoying to tap it again little bit higher frown.gif Im on Vanilla GR4 with stock kernel.

This is probably kernel related. Which kernel should i use, when i need most stable (not battery draining), fluid rom :)

Try HP kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1295486 , read the thread for info on what version is most suitable for You, the latest SR1 is battery friendly. No tuochscreen issues.

Guest Basil 123

There was a fix for data drop I stumbled on - disable setting network time through the phone's menu setting and use a free app from the market called 'ClockSync' to set the time automatically.

Data seems fine for me with this fix.

Dont remember where - so I cant remember who to credit this fix to, soz!

HTH

Baz

Edited by Basil 123

Paul...Just a quick request before you put up Gr5.

Do you think you could extract the BB from V20l and link to it from your first post. It does seem to be different from the other 725 BB's out there. I'm guessing you already have it on your O2X by now since you updated using the KDZ files, so have you noticed any differences?

Guest chong01

Good news!

I flashed this V20L baseband (click for link) and V20L RIL (from getRIL app) on Gr4 (replacing Gr4's recommended 0725) and now the phone auto reverts back from H to 3G after background network activity! :)

The Wifi sleeping after screen turning off (even with Wifi set to never sleep) is also fixed! :)

Now to see whether the data/network loss issue is gone as well.

Edited by chong01

Paul...Just a quick request before you put up Gr5.

Do you think you could extract the BB from V20l and link to it from your first post. It does seem to be different from the other 725 BB's out there. I'm guessing you already have it on your O2X by now since you updated using the KDZ files, so have you noticed any differences?

We don't have a way to extract the BB yet sadly! :(

P

Guest chong01

We don't have a way to extract the BB yet sadly! :(

P

Paul, pls check the link in my post above yours. I believe the xda forumer rexren obtained the V20L baseband by copying out the temporary files that were created while flashing V20L kdz (hence it's split into 4 files).

Paul, pls check the link in my post above yours. I believe the xda forumer rexren obtained the V20L baseband by copying out the temporary files that were created while flashing V20L kdz (hence it's split into 4 files).

Thanks, looking into that!

P

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Thanks, looking into that!

P

I have already flashed this BB (3rd 725BB till now - lol), by flashing one fls after the other. I seem to have no issues w data/cell drops and also a very fast GPS fix. The downside is that since flashing Paul's rooted-deodexed v20l i notice very big battery drains. Not sure (at all) why's this; whether its a ROM, BB or whatever issue. Since now v20l is out in Spain as well, one quick question. Whats the proposed way to 'prepare' the phone in order to receive this update? Smartlash v10d (?) and which baseband? Thanx

Guest roanitas

. Whats the proposed way to 'prepare' the phone in order to receive this update? Smartlash v10d (?) and which baseband? Thanx

If you bought your phone with a subscription is blacklisted by the server by LG by imei and you will have to wait for the day of the update for these phones. If you are in a version without operator V10D going very well.

@Paul Hello. Is it still possible to add applications / data / app /

directly from the kitchen?

Internalsd / data / app /***. apk?

Thank you in advance

Edited by roanitas

Guest rasta666

AFAIK the LG update tool checks the baseband to search for updates, so You need to flash the older version entirely, including baseband.

If You want to download fresh original .kdz files for flashing directly:

1. go to http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/ftp_country_info.jsp and check your country codes.

2 Edit link with your data : http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&model=LGP990&country=XX&region=X

where:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - your IMEI

XX - your county code

X - your region

This is a manual way of what the LG update tool does.

This will only give you a correct latest version for your phone (10d if it is the latest officially available for your country or phone)

I can not check if the latest 20l is available because it checks the IMEI.

I have the 622 BB from the last update via LG mobile software update tool.

I have flashed Fr19 over it and did not update the BB since then.

Will the update tool overwrite everything, will it refuse to update since I'm not on a stock ROM

or will it screw up something when I try to update without reverting back to a stock V10 build?

I'd really like to know this, because I'd prefer BB and RIL to be flashed via the tool so I can be sure I use the right ones fitting each other.

I'd flash Gr5 over that then.

@rasta666

Thanks!

It says 20l is available for the unbranded model in Germany

V20l_00

Edited by o2mike

Guest Simon Pratte

Will the update tool overwrite everything, will it refuse to update since I'm not on a stock ROM

or will it screw up something when I try to update without reverting back to a stock V10 build?

I'd really like to know this, because I'd prefer BB and RIL to be flashed via the tool so I can be sure I use the right ones fitting each other.

I'd flash Gr5 over that then.

@rasta666

Thanks!

It says 20l is available for the unbranded model in Germany

V20l_00

I'm not sure if that's what you mean but flashing a ROM doesn't affect the BB/RIL.

Also, yes, from what I understood, you need to be on the stock rom to be able to update.

Also2, still from what I understood, you'll need to flash the new baseband to use the new stock update otherwise u'll get in a bootloop.

Guest Trym Hansen

I'm not sure if that's what you mean but flashing a ROM doesn't affect the BB/RIL.

That's only half-true.

The RIL is part of the rom, it's a linux library file (akin to a .dll in windows) called lge-ril.so. (in /system/lib)

The BB doesn't get touched when flashing a ROM (via CWM), that's true.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen

Most likely the latter. For the update procedure to work you need to have the stock recovery installed. If you have installed FR19, you did so by installing CWM first, which is a replacement-recovery.

The original recovery can be found somewhere in this forum as a flashable CWM-zip.

EDIT: The easiest way to update is to use smartflash to flash an entire stock ROM first. This will basically restore your phone to a factory-fresh state. Then update.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Thanks for all of your answers!

@Simon

Flashing via CWR won't change the BB, that I know, but the official update via update tool changed my BB as well as the ROM.

@Trym Hansen

Thanks for clearing things up!

Guest rasta666

The LG update tool will not mess things up if you are on GR rom, it will simply abort the update process ,because of CWM (tried it), or think that you are already on the latest version if you flashed the latest baseband.

If you try the links I provided before, you will find the download links in the result. That will be the original rom and matching baseband and ril, so you are sure it is correct, and you can flash it directly avoiding the flashing of older stock and then updating.

hi guys,

cant believe how great and fast this rom is. best $9 spend ever :)

but i have two questions

- is there anyway to completly disable the lookscreen and only show/use the pin (that security thingi) like in cm7?

- which themes can i use? those cm7 themes obviously wont work. can i only use themes wich are designed for gr4 by paul or any stock theme?

greetings

Guest rasta666

I have flashed Core ROM + Extreme, how can I install the LG weather widget?

Do I need to flash the vanilla ROM to have the LG launcher?

thanks

For LG weather You need LG launcher (i think there is an app "any widget picker" or similar that lets You use widgets with different launchers, correct if I am wrong).

See the first page, extreme is Gingerbread style, if You want LG launcher flash "stock edition" , or restore LG launcher and LG home selector and widgets from Titanium backup (flash stock, backup LG components, flash vanilla, restore LG launcher+home selector).

Guest MrOtacon

For LG weather You need LG launcher (i think there is an app "any widget picker" or similar that lets You use widgets with different launchers, correct if I am wrong).

See the first page, extreme is Gingerbread style, if You want LG launcher flash "stock edition" , or restore LG launcher and LG home selector and widgets from Titanium backup (flash stock, backup LG components, flash vanilla, restore LG launcher+home selector).

Your quite right about the application I use it myself

Its called "AppWidgetPicker"

Although I have been a reader here for a while, Im not sure if we can post links to rival forums within the community, so I will link it as This

Top Link.

You need to be rooted, and you rename the apk to AppWidgetPicker.apk and paste it into /system/app (which has to be mounted read/write)

Reboot your phone, and choosing widgets (normal way - long finger press) will show every widget (inclusive of LG ones. Works in all the launchers I have tried [quite a few!!])

****DO NOT RUN THE APPLICATION DIRECTLY. IF YOU DID - UNINSTALL IT!!!****

Edited by MrOtacon

Hello!

Many thanks MrOtacon !!! I got the best android weather widget back!!!!

I have another issue, sometimes I get no gsm signal, in the same place where I usually have normal sinal, and I got the signal back only when I opened skype! anyone knows what's going on?

thanks.