20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Great to see this Gr5 being worked on, I'll wait till it is somewhat complete until then I'll stick to the fantastic Fr19.

I have two quick questions.

Does Gr5 require your Clockwork Mod Recovery v4.0.0.5 or does the regular Clockwork Mod v5 work too?

Is it recommended to run the Gr5 Rom with the spica1234's HorsePower Kernel SR2 and the PP4 tweak, or does it come with its own optimized Kernel?

Thanks and looking forward to the stable releases!

the kitchen went's crazy ....

What i select will not "baked" properly, if i select stock boot animation it contains the Modaco, phone problem persists, (application not installed), many more .....

thx paul :)

I also had the phone and boot animation problems. The phone problem occurs when selecting the 'Google Phone/Contacts' option. Deselecting this will use the LG version which does work and I guess is ok until fixed.

Guest Tsaglis

Great to see this Gr5 being worked on, I'll wait till it is somewhat complete until then I'll stick to the fantastic Fr19.

I have two quick questions.

Does Gr5 require your Clockwork Mod Recovery v4.0.0.5 or does the regular Clockwork Mod v5 work too?

Is it recommended to run the Gr5 Rom with the spica1234's HorsePower Kernel SR2 and the PP4 tweak, or does it come with its own optimized Kernel?

Thanks and looking forward to the stable releases!

I have the 5.0.2.0 and work fine.

With the rom comes the stock kernel, if I am not mistaken.

The HP kernel (I use the RC8-R) works also fine.

Hi

I have just installed this rom in vanilla version.

What I notice is that my home phisical button, just rumble, but makes nothing. Same with search buttom

ideas please?

Hi

I have just installed this rom in vanilla version.

What I notice is that my home phisical button, just rumble, but makes nothing. Same with search buttom

ideas please?

It happened the same to me, but when I rebooted all the buttons were working (I've installed core + extreme).

Edited by lekker

Guest chong01

Feedback for GR5, with 0725 baseband:

1. Stock lockscreen's slider tips do not turn grey when grabbed.
  2. CRT-off animation missing.
  3. Wifi turns off few minutes after device goes to sleep (Wifi is set to never turn off in settings)

Guest Silentchild

Feedback for GR5, with 0725 baseband:

1. Stock lockscreen's slider tips do not turn grey when grabbed.
  2. CRT-off animation missing.
  3. Wifi turns off few minutes after device goes to sleep (Wifi is set to never turn off in settings)

having no problems with any of those except crt-off animation.

For those who want to use spica1234's pp4 it is converting all partition to ext4....

after applying this script i got bootloop and i had to reflash gr5

maybe i missed something but be aware of this

hp r2 is working fine

hope this help.

Good work Paul!

Guest rasta666

11 Nov 12:30 version kitchen bake found 1 issue,

only on automatic brightness the screen dimming before the screen goes off is not working, the screen just goes off, also when charging and "stay awake" the screen stays fully on without dimming.

Anybody else with same issue?

Update!

Sorry, this will require a wipe due to a certificate problem with previous Gr5 releases. :(

P

Changelog

14 Nov 21:00

• Fixed signing issue manifesting itself with stock Google contacts app (sorry, this will require a wipe!)
  • Added CRT effect on screen off
  • Disabled menu key unlock

Guest comfreak13

One more issue...when Hidden Menu / Testing selected in the kitchen it does bake correctly (packages exists in .zip file) but does not install all packages related to that option (only HiddenMenu_SDCardTest is installed).

Guest 719rock

One more issue...when Hidden Menu / Testing selected in the kitchen it does bake correctly (packages exists in .zip file) but does not install all packages related to that option (only HiddenMenu_SDCardTest is installed).

me....tooooooooo

Type 1809#*990# Hidden Menu when FC :unsure:

Guest brunoli

Hi,

Could someone tell me the difference between GR4 and GR5...

For me , GR4 runs smooth and fast. No particular problems.

So I'd like to know the improvement on GR5

GR4 is based on the V20j like whilst GR5 is based on the official V20l - GB release.

Improvements... well, it´s NOT based on a leak so it should perform better / more stable when Paul worked his magic on it ;)

I´d say if you don´t have any issues with GR4 you can lean back and wait till work on GR5 is more advanced.

Hi,

Could someone tell me the difference between GR4 and GR5...

For me , GR4 runs smooth and fast. No particular problems.

So I'd like to know the improvement on GR5

Edited by ecki2k

Update! :)

Stock bootscreen option should also be fixed.

P

Changelog

14 Nov 18:40

• Added stock Gingerbread theme (2 versions)
  • Re-added custom kernels (2 versions, further updates coming)