20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Ok really thank Paul!

however deleting it from the phone is quite difficult, because when you delete this apk the omadm client process, loaded in the ram, will start to crash continuously, and the phone will be unusable, impossible to restart...it is better to reflash a new baked and fixed rom or delete the apk and restart the phone through adb.

and for drm client? I think it is a useless apk...I always delete it and the phone has no problems.

Just restart then by pulling the battery or ADB as you say!

P

Paul, whats exactly the difference between r27 kernel and stock kernel? Can you share a changelog or something like that?

Stock with EXT4 / TUN / CIFS / BFQ enabled, patched to 32.48.

P

Guest CopEater

here are, after flashing, the settings missing. it says application not installed..... whats wrong?

but the settings.apk is in /system/app present....

@paul

any idea with this?

Guest Peterfdevries

Update!

P

Changelog

16 Nov 12:00

• Added MoDaCo Custom Kernel r27 (2.6.32.48!)

Hi Paul,

Maybe a stupid question but... is LG numbering their kernelnumbers backwards or something? Earlier release gave kernelnumber 2.6.32.9.

How does that sort out?

Greetz

Edited by Peterfdevries

here are, after flashing, the settings absent. it says application not installed..... whats wrong?

but the settings.apk is in /system/app present....

That's weird!

Did you wipe?

P

Hi Paul,

Maybe a stupid question but... is LG numbering their kernelnumbers backwards or something? Earlier release gave kernelnumber 2.6.32.9.

How does that sort out?

Greetz

How do you mean? 2.6.32.48 is newer than 2.6.32.9.

P

Guest Madsen Felipe

Stock with EXT4 / TUN / CIFS / BFQ enabled, patched to 32.48.

P

I just know what is ext4, the rest its a mistery for me :-(

How to flash just the kernel?

Edited by Madsen Felipe

Guest mparack

Anybody else have this issue?

After installing any App from the Market, as soon as the app installation is complete, there is a notification saying that the app is now updating. This notification doesn't go until cleared manually. Not sure why it happens.

Have you baked lately? They are green with black background now! ;)

P

I baked and flashed again this evening...After a full wipe I flashed the ROM and I verified that in the "Gingerbread stock theme - Music Controls and Toggle Buttons" ,the toggle buttons are in LG style yet,and not green with black background(that is the original Gingerbread style).Can you do something to fix this minor issue?...in any case,thanks for all Paul!!! :-)))

I baked and flashed again this evening...After a full wipe I flashed the ROM and I verified that in the "Gingerbread stock theme - Music Controls and Toggle Buttons" ,the toggle buttons are in LG style yet,and not green with black background(that is the original Gingerbread style).Can you do something to fix this minor issue?...in any case,thanks for all Paul!!! :-)))

Gingerbread actually doesn't have toggle buttons on stock...

P

Gingerbread actually doesn't have toggle buttons on stock...

P

I see...can you suggest me the procedure to change the toggle buttons style?I would like to have them green on black background...something like the picture I attached in this post.

post-942237-0-08567700-1321474898_thumb.

Edited by H77

I see...can you suggest me the procedure to change the toggle buttons style?I would like to have them green on black background...something like the picture I attached in this post.

They are image files in the the framework. Where is that screenshot from?

P

They are image files in the the framework. Where is that screenshot from?

P

The screenshot is from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1252265

but the best is to have YOUR ACTUAL "GB stock theme",with the toggle buttons you can see in the MOD theme that you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1305437

Guest Madsen Felipe

Someone give me a light.

I just wanna know how to make Netflix works on LG P990. The most bizarre thing is that they works normal on CM7/MIUI and with stock based builds i cant get it to work.

Hi All,

Paul, thanks for all the hard work on this new kernel.

I have some strange behaviour since the new baked Gr5. I came from a Gr4, EXT3, then wiped everything and installed Gr5 with new r27 ext4. Now, I have random very short freezes that make the phone unresponsive for 1 or 2 seconds. Last night, while charging (wall plug), it even shut down.

Any one else facing that kind of issue ?

Anyway, many thanks for supporting us, Paul.

Okdac

Edited by okdac

Guest rasta666

Someone give me a light.

I just wanna know how to make Netflix works on LG P990. The most bizarre thing is that they works normal on CM7/MIUI and with stock based builds i cant get it to work.

AFAIK Netflix is available in Brasil so You just need to make the app work.

Masquerading the phone as a Nexus S should be enough (from kitchen) or editing build.prop:

ro.product.model=Nexus S

ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

If that is not enough, change the device fingerprint, use this for source http://new.glbenchma...estgroup=system

then:

Settings -> Manage Applications -> All -> "Market"-------Clear Cache, then Force Stop -- DO NOT clear data

Settings -> Manage Applications -> All -> "Google Services Framework" ------Clear data, then Force Stop

Hope it helps

P.S. masquerading makes Voodoo sound to fail recognizing the Voodoo enabled kernel

Edited by rasta666