Gingerbread Update this week!! Possibly Today/Friday!!

Guest Evynnstarr

Guest Lancez

Im concerned that what Im finding is that att users will not get the update, so if I just flash some generic unbranded 2.1 with flashtool Im hoping that gives my the go on SEUS for 2.3. It will be great if someone could clarify this situation a bit.

theoretically yes, you can flash generic UK/european english ROM then try to update GB. SEUS use build.prop to identify your device.

Guest andrewddickey

Im concerned that what Im finding is that att users will not get the update, so if I just flash some generic unbranded 2.1 with flashtool Im hoping that gives my the go on SEUS for 2.3. It will be great if someone could clarify this situation a bit.

Tried it. Didn't work. Says that there is no update available and that I'm up to date. Tried SEUS and PCC

Hopefully, Gingy for our x10 is going to be out by this week, the moment we all have been waiting for smile.gif

The countdown begins, almost time to start flashing 2.1 eclair to get the update. :)

I'm hoping to get 16m colours. cool.gif

http://pocketnow.com...rrive-this-week

http://www.facebook....389&topic=28533

http://www.xperiax10...ming-this-week/

Wow,.... are you from Spain?? In that case let me tell you "Que ojos más increibles"...

Guest Lancez

Wow,.... are you from Spain?? In that case let me tell you "Que ojos más increibles"...

please stay on topic

por favor manténgase dentro del tema

Guest Xperiuzz

I have a question if i flash the italian firmware X10i CUST-IT GENERIC 1237-0326 is it possible to see if there is the update?

Guest Lancez

I have a question if i flash the italian firmware X10i CUST-IT GENERIC 1237-0326 is it possible to see if there is the update?

you can try or get build.prop from that rom and using root explorer to put into /system folder, just my 2 cents, might be wrong, but thats what i do on my SGS captivate

Guest Neel007

you can try or get build.prop from that rom and using root explorer to put into /system folder, just my 2 cents, might be wrong, but thats what i do on my SGS captivate

Anybody Got the GB update?????

I am not in a mood to flash 2.1 to see update is out or not and again root and flash miui.

This does matter-

Software availability is dependent on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when the update will be available for you.

An icon in the notification bar of your phone indicates that new software is available.

The software upgrade can only be installed using a computer and PC Companion software. To start upgrading, connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable, start PC Companion and follow the instructions.

Edited by Neel007

Guest Ratheen

What changes would need to be made to the build.prop?

Guest Xperiuzz

i've downloaded SE Tool-Sony Ericsson-X10_Xperia-R2BA026-X10i_CUST_IT_GENERIC_1237_0326 but i haves 2 wierd files in ii called

-R2BA026_APP_SW_RACHAEL_GENERIC_1227_4612_S1_SW_LIVE_AC12_0001_S1_PARTITION_SRM.sin_file_set

-R5A_R2BA026_FSP_X10i_CUST_IT_GENERIC_1237_0326_S1_SW_LIVE_AC12_0001_S1_PARTITION_WITH_SPARE.sin_file_set

anyone knows how to flash these?

Guest Ferrum Master

I am on Trips 1.8 Iris Froyo... no root detection from Emma/SEUS, altough there are no GB packs on the server yet...

Guest Neel007

I am on Trips 1.8 Iris Froyo... no root detection from Emma/SEUS, altough there are no GB packs on the server yet...

They have told that update will be available only through PC companion....

Does it include SEUS too???? I doubt !!!!!!!

Guest mylovelyhorse

Well, I think I shall backup the phone and wait to see when Gingerbread rolls out to the UK (and how many howls there are about the quality of the SE ROM) before restoring to SE Froyo and updating.

Guest Ferrum Master

They have told that update will be available only through PC companion....

Does it include SEUS too???? I doubt !!!!!!!

I suppose the server is the same... for those two ones it the same for sure, just the GUI is different... let us keep our heads cool...

Guest strix75

You can not update from custom rom, only from stock unrooted firmware.

Guest chunkylover2321

okay, damn.. will it still be able to get rooted again, or is it possible that they could of somehow blocked it?

They will block it like they did in their last 2.1 update. I had to downgrade to an earlier update just to root my phone and use trips gingerbread rom.

Guest strix75

im just waiting a few more days and the roms that will follow and be better than sonys gb

I belive so to, Trips miui GB with fully working camera, that will rock.

Edited by strix75

Guest Pietropizzi

@ TO and ALL

I'd change the topic to Possibly Friday

Cause: a reliable (trustable from former 2.1 Update) source from xda told about the GB update beeing rolling out on Friday and European Region will be first to get.

Guest ChilliBo

i am sure that the custom roms( - camera) are way better than SE official GB, my opinion.

u never touched the official gb ... so u cant compare... the new update brings much new thinks!