Gingerbread Update this week!! Possibly Today/Friday!!

Guest Evynnstarr

Guest Evynnstarr

Everyone is getting that but when you do actually connect your phone to the PC Companion, it doesn't show any updates, meaning its still not here.

Insider sources say its going to be available first in Europe by Friday, and then to other parts of the world.

Edited by Evynnstarr

Guest Zabihjan

Everyone is getting that but when you do actually connect your phone to the PC Companion, it doesn't show any updates.

Insider sources say its going to be available first in Europe by Friday, and then to other parts of the world.

remember update is only for sim free handsets

i wish i had my phone on me, it is off for repair so i cant even test it.

it is out today so try tomorrow until the servers gets updated

Guest Lancez

What changes would need to be made to the build.prop?

it contains model, OS version, baseband and much more. basically, your phone will show whatever is on the buid.prop when you go to about phone tab. and i believe that's what SEUS is looking for. just my 2 cents tho.

Guest Neel007

it contains model, OS version, baseband and much more. basically, your phone will show whatever is on the buid.prop when you go to about phone tab. and i believe that's what SEUS is looking for. just my 2 cents tho.

Just copy and paste build.prop from unbranded device should work. Then unroot the phone... my 2 cent...

:)

Guest wILDbIT

Just copy and paste build.prop from unbranded device should work. Then unroot the phone... my 2 cent...

:)

Look people let's get some perspective on the upcoming upgrade (not update)... as of 10:00 GMT today there are no 2.3.3 kits on the EMMA servers. As far as the upgrade itself there are some contradictions starting with the method. According to my sources the UPGRADE will be available only through your PC; in other words PC Companion. This actually makes sense since we might even get a new kernel or at least a recompiled one. On the other hand there is no reason why it could not be done through SEUS/EMMA but for this we will need to wait and the only thing required with this method is a correct generic kit specified in the build.prop. It will make no difference whether it's rooted or not.

Again, we will know how/what only once it's made available to your respective regions... By the way, there is a big difference between SEUS and EMMA which means that no matter how it's rolled out, EMMA users will be able to customize/debrand/etc... however SEUS users are subject to "update mechanism" with generic kits as mentioned previously

Edited by wILDbIT

Guest Blackout19

Europe is last not the first.

dc1760.png

Fake news is fake, he even spelt his name wrong... It's coming soon enough, just be patient.

Guest Xperiuzz

Clarification regarding Gingerbread upgrade for Xperia X10

Hi,

As some of you have seen we have communicated on www.sonyericsson.com that the Gingerbread software update for Xperia X10 is available. Unfortunately that information was a bit too premature. The launch is imminent and timing according to plan but we just need some more days before we can push the button. Please stay tuned here on the product blog where we will notify you as soon as the first software kits start to roll out.

Also, please note that there is a lot of false commenting and posts impersonating Rikard Skogberg. Please respect the guidelines so that we can continue to have an open spirit and direct dialogue on this forum.

Any new information regarding Sony Ericsson software updates will always be communicated as a blog post, not in the comments field.

We will shortly introduce to you the two new bloggers that will carry Rikard’s torch during his absence.

Best Regards

Mattias Holm

Head of Product PR

source

Now i hope everybody will stay calm and wait for the roll out. It's not gonna happen faster if ya contiunue posting here that on the website says its available but on PC it isnt. When the roll out will come you will now it just stay tuned on the forum.

Edited by Xperiuzz

Guest ErraticTomTom

Providing the camera works SE may as well release now, the Devs will have a field day... think of all the 2.3(.x) ROMS that are basicallylacking full camera functionality... in fact, just had a thought SE should have‘leaked’ 2.3 camera drivers months ago so a Dev could integrate them fully into a ROM then SE use that Devs ROM and rebrand and claim it their own ;)

But SE - Shocking Development Pace + Piss Poor Conflicting Communications = Unhappy Customers and Huge Dent on Brand Name.

Thanks SE this will indeed be the last phone I use of yours,I would have binned it months ago if it wasn’t for the dedication of the X10 Devs.

X10 Devs - Thank you all for showing SE what can be achieved, you all deserve a percentage of the X10 sales revenue :D

Edited by ErraticTomTom

Guest maikinho10

X10 Devs - Thank you all for showing SE what can be achieved, you all deserve a percentage of the X10 sales revenue :D

Please do not forget TRIP, he is one of the best DEVS ;)

Guest mcduck99

SE has stopped the download of Pc Companion:

dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/786/189/1311246489/Sony_Ericsson_PC_Companion_2.01.210_Web.exe

Error 404

:-)

That's the official download link from

www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/pccompanion/1.689743?cc=gb&lc=en

Guest getjayu

Clarification regarding Gingerbread upgrade for Xperia X10

Hi,

As some of you have seen we have communicated on www.sonyericsson.com that the Gingerbread software update for Xperia X10 is available. Unfortunately that information was a bit too premature. The launch is imminent and timing according to plan but we just need some more days before we can push the button. Please stay tuned here on the product blog where we will notify you as soon as the first software kits start to roll out.

Also, please note that there is a lot of false commenting and posts impersonating Rikard Skogberg. Please respect the guidelines so that we can continue to have an open spirit and direct dialogue on this forum.

Any new information regarding Sony Ericsson software updates will always be communicated as a blog post, not in the comments field.

We will shortly introduce to you the two new bloggers that will carry Rikard’s torch during his absence.

Best Regards

Mattias Holm

Head of Product PR

source

Now i hope everybody will stay calm and wait for the roll out. It's not gonna happen faster if ya contiunue posting here that on the website says its available but on PC it isnt. When the roll out will come you will now it just stay tuned on the forum.

As expected from SE

Further delayed...... Even the notification from the sites are rolled back to 2.1.... Have a look.

I think the roll out will be end august as stated by SE earlier...... Guys chill!!!

All DEV out there, continue doing great work with building better rom everyday..........

post-892736-0-62562700-1311843326_thumb.

Edited by getjayu

Guest FlashL3gend

As expected from SE

Further delayed...... Even the notification from the sites are rolled back to 2.1.... Have a look.

I think the roll out will be end august as stated by SE earlier...... Guys chill!!!

All DEV out there, continue doing great work with building better rom everyday..........

post-892736-0-62562700-1311843326_thumb.

Well that's a bummer but i was expecting it. It wasn't going to be this week people just thjought it would. It will be available probably around 2nd or 3rd week of august. Thats my opinion.....

Guest wILDbIT

Well that's a bummer but i was expecting it. It wasn't going to be this week people just thjought it would. It will be available probably around 2nd or 3rd week of august. Thats my opinion.....

Does not change a thing... first kits are expected to roll-out this weekend we just don't know which region will be firstwink.gif

Guest SiTheSpike

dont worry they said begging of august :) its still july atm :P they are on track :) (im on about SE) im also sure you can wait a few more days :P in the meanwhile play with trips new roms :D wooo XD

Guest getjayu

Using 2.1 since last two days, feels like I am back in 19th century.

Trust me, its like a punishment. (lousiest phone with incomplete features)

Waiting for the release.

Guest Neel007

Using 2.1 since last two days, feels like I am back in 19th century.

Trust me, its like a punishment. (lousiest phone with incomplete features)

Waiting for the release.

LOL....

I must confess I don't really see how this new SE release (when it comes) can be better than MIUI.

They have added some very cool features and widgets and some cool changes UI . Cant tell better then MIUI but not as bad as 2.1 at least.

Guest McBing

Yeah 2.1 Sucks c*** it's lagging like hell I can't even describe how much I hate it =/ .... I hope 2.3 will be better ... if not i'll stay on my 2.2 CM =)