Gingerbread Update this week!! Possibly Today/Friday!!

Guest Evynnstarr

Guest mylovelyhorse
They have added some very cool features and widgets and some cool changes UI . Cant tell better then MIUI but not as bad as 2.1 at least.

Hmm. Discounting Farcebook integration (which does not interest me), I'll be interested to see what other cool features and widgets there are.

Guest FlashL3gend

When the GB update comes out its gonna be great for devs because they can complete their 2.3 roms and espicially Miui so then we can have a way better rom and wont have to worry about the camera not working and other things that aren't complete.

Guest JazzLOCO

You know, I wouldn't worry about the SE update, many and most will be disappointed, I predict. Why? because dev ROMs are so much better than what SE has had to offer, even in their 2.1 flavor... trust me guys, Trip, or Achotjan, or cobrato, or Wolfbreak WILL deliver, and ARE delivering, a better option than what Sucky Ericsson has to offer! ;)

Guest ozzybulldog

It's no joke! Install this ttf via flashtool, will set fone to the region where the update is available, in the build.prop. After that you can update your phone via pc companion. I am doing it right now.

Oz

Guest mordebip

OK so let´s hope that Trip can strip out the drivers for the camera and make one hell of a Miui rom that we can flash tonight.

o yeah

Guest Neel007

on the snap you can see that i m updating with seus

you can do the update even if your phone is rooted

if updating it will unroot our phone n we wont be able to root again then we are stuck on 2.3 n wont be able to install custom rom....

Will gingerbreak work ? or anybody tried it???

Thanx :)

Guest mordebip

my X10 is on 2.3 i'm testing it.

it works like a charm with 720p recording ... :D

faster than stock 2.1

i can say that he is more faster than miui rom (on my opinion)

Edited by mordebip

Guest Eisel

if updating it will unroot our phone n we wont be able to root again then we are stuck on 2.3 n wont be able to install custom rom....

Will gingerbreak work ? or anybody tried it???

Thanx :)

why so? flashtool should work even on SE 2.3 or am i worng???

Guest wILDbIT

OK, I've upgraded to the GB fw and it first feel... I was running TripNMiui 1.65 Froyo with modded 3.6.0 freekernel. EVERYTHING WORKING, including flash/hw led. Literally a perfect 100% miui froyo working rom (thank you Trip).

Fortunately I have EMMA access and will be able to downgrade if needed biggrin.gif

• EXCELLENT camera options!!!! But need to test Vignette to see if I get flash back
  • Linpack ~ 37k (was getting this with trips fr miui) - Quadrant first run 1043 (FPS capped @ 33 it seems mad.gif )
  • Flasher tool does NOT recognize handset
  • I HATE TIMESCAPE, but much better than the eclair crap
  • HD recording with no lag
  • Music player with equalizer
  • I HATE TIMESCAPE ohmy.gif
  • BB 2.1.71
  • Kernel 2.6.29-00054
  • Build 3.0.1.G.0.75

Feels ok, I'll install some more stuff and let it settle for a while. Back in a while

Edited by wILDbIT

Guest Alakasam

HEY GUYS

2.3.3 IS OUT NOW!

OMG CHECK IT OUT!

LOL! I'm kidding, I know it's out :P

Mod's probably lock/close this thread? As it is old news now ;)

Thanks! :)

and happy Gingerbread to all!