[ROM MOD][Gen2] Simple Stir Fry (Updated 01/10) - b27

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Guest Per Åkesson

Hi everybody!

I have one reason to stick with GSF / SSF:

The ZTE Dialer, which displays my contact groups. Without the dialer, I only know the apps Go and Youlu, which display contact groups. But they display ALL my 1000 Google contacts, causing great confusion.

I only want the selected (tagged as My contacts) ca 200 contacts from Goolge to display on the phone, divided in the groups. And only the ZTE stock dialer does that, as far as I know.

Is there a solution?

Guest Pierreism

Hi everybody!

I have one reason to stick with GSF / SSF:

The ZTE Dialer, which displays my contact groups. Without the dialer, I only know the apps Go and Youlu, which display contact groups. But they display ALL my 1000 Google contacts, causing great confusion.

I only want the selected (tagged as My contacts) ca 200 contacts from Goolge to display on the phone, divided in the groups. And only the ZTE stock dialer does that, as far as I know.

Is there a solution?

Star them all and then sort by Starred Contacts only?

Guest 2smart4class

i got a strange issue with b27 i cant uninstall apps by dragging and drop, can only uninstall manually via settings manage apps etc.. any have similar issues??

Edited by 2smart4class

Guest elrond_bs

Can anyone please post working link to Simple Stir Fry b26 Full.

Also I would like to know if it's possible to flash the old kernel from b26 to b27 and if this will fix the "green LED always on" issue in b27??

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest ThePain

Hi

Just installed the lite version of this rom yesterday and i love it. Thanks Matthew. Great Job Done.

The link for the zte dialer is dead. Can someone please re-up. Thanks

Guest Andr0ider

From wbaw on the XDA forums:

... add to that the latest CM7 stable was released yesterday and I'd say that there's no reason not to jump to CM7 from now on. (Back up all apps first.) I've had as good an experience with CM7 as with GSF.

Installed CM7 (224 AFAIR) , tried for a coulpe of hours and went back to GSF b27, which is still the best OSF ROM to me.

Guest Per Åkesson

Star them all and then sort by Starred Contacts only?

thanks, but that would give more trouble. I have only about 20 starred contacts, saved for this special group

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Hey all,

Sorry it's been a while since I've last posted, I've been trying to create a Simple version of CM7, and it's presented a lot of hassle. I'm also here to deliver yet more bad news - I might be moving away from the Blade in the near future.

Although the Blade's been a nice handset in terms of software to be on, I just miss the way a quality handset felt, like my old HTC Diamond (although the software was terrible).

I also, after using a family member's iPhone 4S extensively, and WP7 devices, find myself feeling that Android lacks the slick smoothness that both of these alternatives offer (even on high end phones such as the Sensation). As a result, I'll be switching to either an iPhone 4 or a Samsung Omnia 7 when I have the cash available.

Sorry for the bad news again guys, depending on when I choose to switch I might release a Simple build of CM7 (if I can get it to work) or Libra Gingerbread if I get the time.

As my Blade's power button and USB port are beginning to fail, even though it's an OLED model, it's not for sale, so please don't contact me about this.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Guest Pierreism

Thanks for the ROM Matthew! I'm sure it'll power many Blades for months (hopefully not years! upgrade asap, people!) to come.

Also I'd heartily recommend a Win7 device now. With Mango it stands toe-to-toe with any other OS in my opinion.

• 1 year later...

Can someone plz Mirror the b27 full version . I am unable to download it ..Link seems to be dead.

Plz mirror it to mediafire or Hotfile. :(

Edited by M@X