Akash Stock Froyo Gen2 rom

Guest Akash P

Guest Akash P

This is working ... but still can't install titanium .. but I'll search now for a solution.

THANKS for the help

Then it must be a problem with the app, Btw i use Titanium Backup Pro 3.81. Works perfectly fine, restored 12 Non-system apps.

Then it must be a problem with the app, Btw i use Titanium Backup Pro 3.81. Works perfectly fine, restored 12 Non-system apps.

Installed the latest apk from the titanium wiki page ... and it's working !!!!

Now I can get to work and test your rom :lol:

Guest Akash P

Installed the latest apk from the titanium wiki page ... and it's working !!!!

Now I can get to work and test your rom :lol:

Looking forward towars your experience :)

Guest domerator

Well, its all upto the user.. Create a swap and then if you notice a difference keep it. If not, the next time you flash a new rom delete the swap. But in my experience swap does improve Android experience.

Good luck with the rom, do follow proper steps to format your device as mentioned in this thread http://android.modac...-flashing-roms/

Of course... we say the test of the pudding is eating... :)

I made a post of my experience in that topic you linked about the best clean up before flashing... maybe you can check it.

Thank you

I've just made a flashy green theme for it .

Edit : all links removed , this theme wasn't working well

Edited by Kuoi

Guest Akash P

Of course... we say the test of the pudding is eating... :)

I made a post of my experience in that topic you linked about the best clean up before flashing... maybe you can check it.

Thank you

Tips are always welcome :) I definitely will try out that software you mentioned. One point to note is that you mentioned it took 10min to format wheras formatting through ClockworkMod usually takes 10-15 seconds.

Btw i use Ubuntu for making a partition and formatting since it also recognises ext partition.

You should understand that many users here use linux or mac, so they follow rockstarszzzz method.

Will use SD Card Formatter v3.0 next time :)

Edited by Akash P

Guest Akash P

I've just made a flashy green theme for it .

I have to download and test it myself ... waiting to get the file from kitchen.

I do like these icons most myself , and use them on every theme I make , but if you prefer others , let me know.

I've used this theme on other froyo (same look I mean) , and I like it.

I'll put the link here later

This is how it should look like :D

Wonderful just what i wanted.

Could you make an orange theme like you did for GSF?? Absolutely loved your orange theme :)

Wonderful just what i wanted.

Could you make an orange theme like you did for GSF?? Absolutely loved your orange theme :)

No problem , but it will take some time ... the kitchen is running very slow these days.

Guest Akash P

No problem , but it will take some time ... the kitchen is running very slow these days.

No problem :) Take your time. Do include the battery circle.

Btw how do i change my Topics name? :D

Edited by Akash P

Guest Akash P

I can't help you with that , but I guess you have to ask the forum moderators

EDIT : THAT WAS FAST :)

Haha i know! Well i asked Paul to change it :) Thanks Paul.

Guest domerator

Tips are always welcome :) I definitely will try out that software you mentioned. One point to note is that you mentioned it took 10min to format wheras formatting through ClockworkMod usually takes 10-15 seconds.

Btw i use Ubuntu for making a partition and formatting since it also recognises ext partition.

You should understand that many users here use linux or mac, so they follow rockstarszzzz method.

Will use SD Card Formatter v3.0 next time :)

SD formatting with OVERWRITE takes approx. 10 mins (maybe less, never measured)... a normal quick format takes seconds of course... but I think there should be difference between the performance of a normally formatted and an overwritten formatted SD somehow.

I am not a pro, so this is my noob experience only :)

Haha i know! Well i asked Paul to change it :) Thanks Paul.

I wish the kitchen was this fast .

You have to be very patient , and very lucky if you can make 1 theme or mod a day.

I keep trying.

Something very anoying on this rom ...

Only some apps can be installed with market.

Most don't ... just wanted to install go launcher now , and also not working.

Just installed late version of market , but didn't helped.

I must say , it's very anoying when something isn't working like it should.

Hope i find a solution.

Guest KonstaT

Something very anoying on this rom ...

Only some apps can be installed with market.

Most don't ... just wanted to install go launcher now , and also not working.

Just installed late version of market , but didn't helped.

I must say , it's very anoying when something isn't working like it should.

Hope i find a solution.

This is because you have too small /cache. If you TPT'd to gen2 you probably have 2mb /cache so you can't download anything bigger than that from market. If you're going to use almost stock ROM you have repartition your memory. Stock ROMs don't direct market downloads to somewhere else. Most gen2 custom ROMs mount /cache to tmpfs.

This is because you have too small /cache. If you TPT'd to gen2 you probably have 2mb /cache so you can't download anything bigger than that from market. If you're going to use almost stock ROM you have repartition your memory. Stock ROMs don't direct market downloads to somewhere else. Most gen2 custom ROMs mount /cache to tmpfs.

That sound to be fair ... now I have to look for a partitioning app or so ?

This one worked , THANKS A LOT .

Installed the Z4root From message #16 in this treath , and Titanium is working so I guess all is ok now.

Now I can start working on the phone with a smile.

I'll upload the green theme link soon , and the orange theme is also on the way .

THANK YOU ALL for the help.

I can't get the clock to show in my themes.

It seems whatever text color for the clock I take , it stays on black .

I've made a theme with no configuration for the topbar , so I hope the topbar stays at stock configuration.

Not what I wanted , but better then nothing.

I'm waiting to get the file to test.

I've rebooted the phone so much today that I almost can't move my fingers anymore :o

I hope it's worth it... but it's worth a try , because there no FC or bug or whatever I can find.

Everything is working well.

EDIT : Sorry to say , but I give up about the themes.

Topbar is stock , but now I almost can't see my icons.

Edited by Kuoi

Guest domerator

Hi Akash,

Yesterday evening I flashed your rom. A small feedback:

Charged all night, morning 100%. This morning after 3 sets of internet (my usual routine, about 10mins each) the battery showed 90% which is about half(!) consumption compared to best roms I used so far... very good experience!!!

Will test GPS, Wifi, BT and let you know.

Thanks for your work!

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi Akash,

Yesterday evening I flashed your rom. A small feedback:

Charged all night, morning 100%. This morning after 3 sets of internet (my usual routine, about 10mins each) the battery showed 90% which is about half(!) consumption compared to best roms I used so far... very good experience!!!

Will test GPS, Wifi, BT and let you know.

Thanks for your work!

I wouldn't go straight away by those figures..

If possible, could you please please report back after 3-4 consecutive observations?

From my experience, it seems this works:

New ROM > full charge > Battery calibration > 3 Hours over charge > normal usage X 3 days = best battery stats idea.

Guest domerator

I wouldn't go straight away by those figures..

If possible, could you please please report back after 3-4 consecutive observations?

From my experience, it seems this works:

New ROM > full charge > Battery calibration > 3 Hours over charge > normal usage X 3 days = best battery stats idea.

Thank you for hint... I know these things of course.

I can only say that this rom is more promising battery wise than any other I tried if I recall the same stage (first charge after rom flash). The main thing which makes me optimistic is the consumption during use (awake). Up to date roms are very good in battery consumption during sleep regardless they GBleak or CM7 so this part does not count for me. But concerning that using the phone in the same way I have been using for a while and seeing a much better initial consumption than ever before... this is something I call promising. Of course I will see the real consumption after the procedure you described (and of course I have done many times before with other roms) and there is a chance that this rom does not differ from others battery wise... but I don't think so. We will see :)

Unfortunately the battery usage menu shows only the % bars of consuming processes... the graph is missing so I will not provide the battery graphs as I could in Gingerbread. Maybe you can recommend a prog which can show a battery exhausting graph (a simple prog needed).

thank you