Akash Stock Froyo Gen2 rom

Guest Akash P

Guest damjan006

It should work with the V8 from Akash answer , see http://android.modaco.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1774793

Unzip the zip-file , and put the "IMAGE" folder from it on your sd-card. So you must put the FOLDER on your sd-card , not the zip.

Power on and push "Volume UP" button as soon as it boots ... and keep pushing till it boots the image.

Hope it works.

I you were applying on gen2 converting I have already done that ( the green letters ). I don't think I am doing something wrong but its the same deal. Thank anyway !

Guest damjan006

I am already on Gen2 - why would I still need a TPT?

I wiped everything as well, literally everything other than SD card partition and SD card! Don't understand what makes is hang at DELL!

Its the same for me... Did your Blade come from Greece because we have the same problem ?

I you were applying on gen2 converting I have already done that ( the green letters ). I don't think I am doing something wrong but its the same deal. Thank anyway !

Because of this I should use the V8 : (Alternative version - enough space to install gen2 stock roms)

What version of clockworkmod you use ? ... I use 3.0.2.7

Guest Akash P

Hi Akash,

Thanks for sharing your ROM with us.

I have tried it today.

My first install was without doing anything to the SD card - I got easy install but as you mentioned had issues with installing apps.

So on my second attempt I made partitions etc and installed. It installs fine, but then it hangs on 'Dell' logo. - What am I doing wrong?

I tried on third attempt in same fasion as first try without any partitions and it again installs fine and goes beyond 'Dell' but obviously I can't install any apps at all.

Important

This is because you have too small /cache. If you TPT'd to gen2 you probably have 2mb /cache so you can't download anything bigger than that from market. If you're going to use almost stock ROM you have repartition your memory. Stock ROMs don't direct market downloads to somewhere else. Most gen2 custom ROMs mount /cache to tmpfs.

Solution:

Please download

1. stock recovery image http://www.mediafire...1411a804may9b4q

2.recovery-clockwork-4.0.0.5-blade-gen2-update_signed.zip http://www.multiupload.com/PP2ODY3Y25

3. Stock Gen 2 Firmware package http://www.mediafire...4s0x34slusxb8sv

Instructions on how to proceed:

How to Flash

• If you intend to keep your ROM/Data, make a nandroid backup. Be aware that depending on which firmware you go from/to, it may not fit on your new partition layout and/or your ROM may not be compatible with your new memory layout.
  • Make sure you have saved the three files above to your SD card. The version (gen1/gen2) of clockworkmod and your new ROM should match the Gen you are flashing to. Make sure your Blade has plenty of battery.
  • Boot your phone into recovery mode by turning it on with volume down held. If the words FTM appear on the screen, go to the next step. If you find yourself in clockworkmod or AmonRa, flash restore_stock_recovery.zip and reboot with volume down held. The words FTM should now appear on the screen. Note that you have now removed clockworkmod - you can restore it after flashing.
  • Connect your phone to your PC via USB.
  • Unzip the contents of the firmware package you want to flash. Start the program called “download.exe” in the root folder. When the flasher window comes up, press the start button. If the start button is not clickable, use “driverinstaller.exe” to install ZTE drivers and make sure your phone is connected and in FTM mode.
  • Wait a few minutes for your phone to be flashed. The screen will turn black for a while. Do not interrupt this process. A message will inform you when flashing is complete.
  • Disconnect your phone and remove the battery. Reinsert the battery and turn on the phone (normally, with no buttons pressed). Your phone should boot into clockworkmod recovery.
  • IMPORTANT: clockworkmod is now installed to your phone’s boot partition. This means that if you install a ROM at this point you will overwrite clockworkmod. You must now flash the correct version of clockworkmod (recovery-clockwork 4.0.0.5-blade-genX-update_signed.zip) from your SD card. This will install clockworkmod to the recovery partition where it belongs.
  • Restart your phone with volume down held. It should boot into clockworkmod. If it boots into FTM mode or does not progress pass the green android, go back to step 7 and make sure you flashed the correct version of clockworkmod.
  • In clockworkmod, install the ROM you downloaded previously

http://android.modac...ded-gen2-blade/

Edited by Akash P

Guest domerator

Hi Akash,

Thanks for sharing your ROM with us.

I have tried it today.

My first install was without doing anything to the SD card - I got easy install but as you mentioned had issues with installing apps.

So on my second attempt I made partitions etc and installed. It installs fine, but then it hangs on 'Dell' logo. - What am I doing wrong?

I tried on third attempt in same fasion as first try without any partitions and it again installs fine and goes beyond 'Dell' but obviously I can't install any apps at all.

If it helps at all.... I followed all instructions for flashing the rom provided by Akash including ext, cache, swap (I needed partitioning the phone and the sd as well) but it worth because I had absolutely no issues from the first reboot.

I used zte partitioning tool to make the 150MB system, 32MB cache and the rest of data for myself. To make the ext and swap I used the recovery 4.0.0.5. Then I started flashing the rom and there has been no problem at all so far.

Try the same.

Edited by domerator

YES ... 1 hour and 7 minutes to make my first theme !!

Kitchen is working , but you have to be VERY patient , and hoping it works till your file is complete :)

If kitchen would work fine , it should take only 5 minutes , but I guess the server is not made for this amount of requests

Guest Akash P

YES ... 1 hour and 7 minutes to make my first theme !!

Kitchen is working , but you have to be VERY patient , and hoping it works till your file is complete :)

If kitchen would work fine , it should take only 5 minutes , but I guess the server is not made for this amount of requests

Any success with the theme? Waiting patiently :)

Any success with the theme? Waiting patiently :)

No , bussy with a new one. .. but seems to be 1 more hour to wait :mellow:

After all the waiting , it ended up with a broken file :angry:

Now I know what was about the themes ...

The clock doesn't show anymore , because of black text on black background.

If I make a light bar , I can't see my icons like they meant to.

Still looking for a solution.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Akash how do I go about removing the 'emergency numbers' i.e. fire, ambulance etc? They are all Indian Emergency, don't think will get much help from them here in London ;)

Guest rockstarszzzz

Has anyone successfully installed more than 3 apps from market?

I have 3 apps installed and 4th one - I can't runs out of space!!

Is there no way we can make this ROM bigger so it can fit more apps right on the phone? :s

Also, titanium back up installation is nightmare! Anyone successfully done it? Any tips?

All my apps and back up is on there, so without titanium back up my phone is next to useless! :)

Akash how do I go about removing the 'emergency numbers' i.e. fire, ambulance etc? They are all Indian Emergency, don't think will get much help from them here in London ;)

Haha , good question :D

I wander myself , but I think we'll have to insert a new dialer in the rom to get this done, but that's work for experts.

Has anyone successfully installed more than 3 apps from market?

I have 3 apps installed and 4th one - I can't runs out of space!!

Is there no way we can make this ROM bigger so it can fit more apps right on the phone? :s

Also, titanium back up installation is nightmare! Anyone successfully done it? Any tips?

All my apps and back up is on there, so without titanium back up my phone is next to useless! :)

Unzip this file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJ7XSNBT

Put the folder on your sd-card , and flash the z4root_blade_perm_root_v2.apk in the folder on your phone by clicking it in "filer" or any other file explorer on your phone.

Then RUN Z4Root from your apps , click permanent root ... phone will reboot , and Titanium Backup should work fine.

Edited by Kuoi

Guest damjan006

TO THE GREEKS :D ... read http://android.modac...ost__p__1775274

Kuoi, I think this is for blades with 256mb RAM but mine now has 512mb (when I first buy my blade it was with 256mb RAM but I update it with some Hungarian TPT and now it has 512mb ). Anyway I don't understand Greek and with google translate I can't find anything about this ROM and how to install it. I really wanted to try it because I do care about battery life. I am keeping my eye's on this topic and thanks you guys for helping out. B)

I've ended up with a red clock , but it's better then nothing , and can't find an other solution.

I think a red or Blue theme will go better , but for now I feel lucky to end like this today

I had to install a modified rom , because I have to look for a mod or something to get the "services.jar" in it without having to install the hole "modified" rom over.

I did not wiped or formatted anything , just installed the modified rom.zip file.

Ended up with a red clock .

Then I've installed my earlier GREEN theme over and now it looks like this

post-892314-0-21159900-1312548375_thumb.post-892314-0-84134400-1312496472_thumb.

So ... first install the modified rom without wiping or formatting anything.

Then install the theme , also without wiping or formatting anything

That worked for me.

EDIT : I DID IT !!

Just install the Akash rom , ... wipe cache and wipe Dalvik cache (clockworkmod > "advanced") , and then just install the following file.

Kuoi's Red Clock Green Theme Mod V2

Edited by Kuoi

I've edited my theme so that the signal bars from notification are always green.

Blue from GPS is also Green now.

Data symbols and all other icons made green.

If somebody can tell me if G3 is OK , I can't test these at the moment (no G3 at home)

Link updated in my theme message above

Much work , and I'll stop for today.

When kitchen goes online I'll make a red theme first .. or somebody prefer an other color ?

Guest domerator

Hi Akash!

Your rom is still doing well on my Blade :)

The rom has a new identification abbreviation: Akash Stock Froyo Gen2, 2.6.32.9-perf dell-kernel@Zdroid-SMT / BBL (Best Battery Life)

:) :) :)

Thank you

RED theme is ready .

I've updated the icons a bit from the green theme , so they should look a bity better.

Most icons are "updated" to all red , so they match the theme better then the icons do in the green theme.

The modified "services.jar" is included , so the clock will be RED .

post-892314-0-68827700-1312748474_thumb.post-892314-0-83116200-1312748440_thumb.post-892314-0-43562200-1312748441_thumb.

Wipe cache and Dalvik cache before flashing any theme !!!!

Kuoi's Red Theme for Akash Froyo Gen2 Rom

ENJOY IT .

Edited by Kuoi

Guest Akash P

Sorry! Was going to give you a + ve rep but gave a - ve one by mistake :)

Dont really like the sound off icon.. looks weird.. Could you make that orange theme exactly identical to GSF? Will be waiting.. :)

Sorry! Was going to give you a + ve rep but gave a - ve one by mistake :)

Dont really like the sound off icon.. looks weird.. Could you make that orange theme exactly identical to GSF? Will be waiting.. :)

Here we go :)

Akash Orange Theme