Akash Stock Froyo Gen2 rom

Guest Akash P

Everybody should try this rom if you want the best battery performance.

It's a stock rom , but you only have to use the Z4root apk to root your phone.

Use morelocale2 from market to get your language and country in it ... very easy.

Then use market to install and modify the rom to your needs.

You can use Titanium backup after you did the Z4root "permanent root" .

VERY good working rom this is !!!

Edited by Kuoi

Guest Akash P

Everybody should try this rom if you want the best battery performance.

It's a stock rom , but you only have to use the Z4root apk to root your phone.

Use morelocale2 from market to get your language and country in it ... very easy.

Then use market to install and modify the rom to your needs.

You can use Titanium backup after you did the Z4root "permanent root" .

VERY good working rom this is !!!

You say that but the topic ends up getting 3 stars.. Most of the half cooked, bug filled roms get 5 stars from everyone! What the hell!!

Guest tomassz82

It can be because everyone is a fan of ginger roms. Everyone buried froyo.

You are the man who can show that it can be back in the game again. Those, who prefer stability and battery life, will appreciate your work.

You say that but the topic ends up getting 3 stars.. Most of the half cooked, bug filled roms get 5 stars from everyone! What the hell!!

Guest ManMetDeHamer

i installed this rom after using ginger for a while yesterday. after a lot of searching i can finaly install apps from market and fully test the rom now, ill report back in a few days ;)

Guest ManMetDeHamer

after using it for 1 morning i can already say the battery life is definatly not as good as the ginger roms.

i been listening to music with headphones for like 2 hours and the battery dropped from 100 too 75 already.

while in the ginger it would maybe drop like 5% max...

Guest tomassz82

after using it for 1 morning i can already say the battery life is definatly not as good as the ginger roms.

i been listening to music with headphones for like 2 hours and the battery dropped from 100 too 75 already.

There is NO rom that can play music for 2 hours with a drop of 5% battery life. They use around 5% every hour.

If you lost 25% in 2 hours with this rom, there is something wrong with your system. Maybe something working in the background?

Edited by tomassz82

hi all!

how can I change the bootanimation in this rom?

where to copy the "bootanimation.zip"?

best regards: fgy

[sOLVED]: copied to /system/media.

it's working perfectly.

Edited by fgy

I agree with Tomassz82 that this is NOT the rom's fault.

Did you do the "steps to follow before flashing" , so you wiped and formatted about everything , except SD-card ?

I'm really like to test roms , so I was "away" here for about 2 days , but I'm back.

Tried an other 2.2.2 froyo rom , and it has much more battery drain than Akash Stock rom.

Akash , You still have found the BEST rom I tried so far :D

Guest feckineejit

Important

This is because you have too small /cache. If you TPT'd to gen2 you probably have 2mb /cache so you can't download anything bigger than that from market. If you're going to use almost stock ROM you have repartition your memory. Stock ROMs don't direct market downloads to somewhere else. Most gen2 custom ROMs mount /cache to tmpfs.

Solution:

Please download

1. stock recovery image http://www.mediafire...1411a804may9b4q

2.recovery-clockwork-4.0.0.5-blade-gen2-update_signed.zip http://www.multiupload.com/PP2ODY3Y25

3. Stock Gen 2 Firmware package http://www.mediafire...4s0x34slusxb8sv

Instructions on how to proceed:

How to Flash

• If you intend to keep your ROM/Data, make a nandroid backup. Be aware that depending on which firmware you go from/to, it may not fit on your new partition layout and/or your ROM may not be compatible with your new memory layout.
  • Make sure you have saved the three files above to your SD card. The version (gen1/gen2) of clockworkmod and your new ROM should match the Gen you are flashing to. Make sure your Blade has plenty of battery.
  • Boot your phone into recovery mode by turning it on with volume down held. If the words FTM appear on the screen, go to the next step. If you find yourself in clockworkmod or AmonRa, flash restore_stock_recovery.zip and reboot with volume down held. The words FTM should now appear on the screen. Note that you have now removed clockworkmod - you can restore it after flashing.
  • Connect your phone to your PC via USB.
  • Unzip the contents of the firmware package you want to flash. Start the program called “download.exe” in the root folder. When the flasher window comes up, press the start button. If the start button is not clickable, use “driverinstaller.exe” to install ZTE drivers and make sure your phone is connected and in FTM mode.
  • Wait a few minutes for your phone to be flashed. The screen will turn black for a while. Do not interrupt this process. A message will inform you when flashing is complete.
  • Disconnect your phone and remove the battery. Reinsert the battery and turn on the phone (normally, with no buttons pressed). Your phone should boot into clockworkmod recovery.
  • IMPORTANT: clockworkmod is now installed to your phone’s boot partition. This means that if you install a ROM at this point you will overwrite clockworkmod. You must now flash the correct version of clockworkmod (recovery-clockwork 4.0.0.5-blade-genX-update_signed.zip) from your SD card. This will install clockworkmod to the recovery partition where it belongs.
  • Restart your phone with volume down held. It should boot into clockworkmod. If it boots into FTM mode or does not progress pass the green android, go back to step 7 and make sure you flashed the correct version of clockworkmod.
  • In clockworkmod, install the ROM you downloaded previously

http://android.modac...ded-gen2-blade/

I tried doing this but it hasn't worked, if i try to boot in to clockwork recovery with the vol- i get the FTM but nothing happens it just stays there, i need to pull battery and let the phone reboot, when it does i still have blue ginger v5 on my phone. when i power off i get the option to boot into recovery, but when it boots i get the blue writing clockwork recovery but only get this message when it does:

Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

Reboot system now

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

i dont get the option to do anything like install from sd card, restore, or back up anything, i tried to put clockwork 3.0.0.6 back on sd card but i can get to it to restore it. can anyone help me get my old clockwork back, hope you understand what i'm talking about? mellow.gif

EDIT: problem solved

Edited by feckineejit

Guest domerator

Sorry to say but it seems there is a new champion in the league... CM 161 has an incredibly improved battery life compared to previous CM... even slightly better than this pearl. A Hungarian cooker made a near-vanilla rom from this CM161 and it is excellent from the first moment. (a lot of stuff had been cleaned from the rom... languages, graphic things, etc. I dont know exactly) it is 60MB zipped and 100MB extracted. The cell standby in the battery usage is on the bottom resulting in a better uptime consumption.

Akash

I really appreciated your work and I keep this rom in case of reverting back. Thank you for that you published your rom!!!

Guest rockstarszzzz

Sorry to say but it seems there is a new champion in the league... CM 161 has an incredibly improved battery life compared to previous CM... even slightly better than this pearl. A Hungarian cooker made a near-vanilla rom from this CM161 and it is excellent from the first moment. (a lot of stuff had been cleaned from the rom... languages, graphic things, etc. I dont know exactly) it is 60MB zipped and 100MB extracted. The cell standby in the battery usage is on the bottom resulting in a better uptime consumption.

Akash

I really appreciated your work and I keep this rom in case of reverting back. Thank you for that you published your rom!!!

Do you mean CM7 N161+ by Sej? Is he hungarian? :s If not, what's it called?

Guest Pondlife

Do you mean CM7 N161+ by Sej? Is he hungarian? :s If not, what's it called?

It's definitely not that one. The size is all wrong and he's not stripped it down.

Akash

Link please to that hungarian rom . :unsure:

Guest domerator

Link please to that hungarian rom . :unsure:

As I informed you I returned back to Akash version due to the strange behaviors of the mentioned rom.

After a very clean install I will check again and if everything OK I present the rom somehow.

Guest lol looool

app2sd, i tried to reinstall it but no changes on sd- parition, it install apps on sd. Any idea?

A2SD : Ext partition exist but not mounted

Edited by lol looool

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the info ...

you can use the Swedish Spring themes from this threath ...

I've installed TrueGingerbread-circlemod-SS.zip , and it's working.

This rom gets better and better :D

• 5 months later...
Guest sabyasachi22

Well, after trying out loads of rom's both Froyo and GingerBread, I finally came back to my stock rom. I've removed recovery from it as well as a few unwanted apps.It's the closest to Vanilla as possible.

Hardware Acceleration is ON.

Dalvik cache is increased to 32M (Improves responsiveness and Camera Quality).

No wifi issues whatsoever.

No Graphics Bugs.

Removed Dell boot animation.

Incredible battery life.

Flash it with ClockWork Mod and enjoy its Vanilla flayour :)

Steps to follow before flashing : http://android.modac...-flashing-roms/

How to Permanently root : http://android.modac...-for-22-blades/

How To Partition SD Card :

This is for everyone who gets the "Insufficient space available" message when trying to install an app on a ROM with Apps2SD support (Froyo and Gingerbread). You need to partition your SD card! Here are steps on how to partition your SD card.

1. BACKUP your SD card! Partitioning will erase everything on your SD card. Mount your sd card to your computer and copy everything on your SD card into a separate folder on your computer.

2. Boot into recovery. (Hold the Volume down and Power button at the same time)

3. When you are in recovery, choose advanced then choose Partition sdcard.

4. Select Partition SD

5. Select the size of your ext partition. (I chose 256MB)

6. Choose your swap size. (I chose 32MB)

7. Reboot your phone.

Build Details :

Base: Stock Froyo (from Dell XCD 35)

Build Date: 24 Feb 2011

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.2_r9

ro.build.baseband_version=P729B01

ro.build.software_version=FROYO_P729DLV1.0.0B01

ro.build.sw_internal_version=FROYO_P729DLV1.0.0B04

ro.build.baseband_version=P729B01

ro.build.software_version=ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B01

ro.build.sw_internal_version=GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B02

Rom Download:

http://www.mediafire...zu0o42lylyuldy5

@Akash i am getting error...."assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img"."boot") status 7 error....help me